Does the F18's prepurchase affect the F14s EA?

OnlyforDCS

Actually I believe they said they scrapped *all* of the visual assets (3d models, artwork, etc). The only things that were retained were the TCS pod we were shown and the individual cockpit panels (the ACM panel, front pit VSD , etc). They did this after visiting several museum Tomcats with a laser scanner and found they could realistically take it all to the next level (or crank it up to 11 as Spinaltap would say)..so they did.

Indeed, though the TCS was actually just the first public example of the new artwork using the latest techniques. All the new interior images posted by Cobra (since November) are of the new artwork as well.

-Nick

Actually I believe they said they scrapped *all* of the visual assets (3d models, artwork, etc). The only things that were retained were the TCS pod we were shown and the individual cockpit panels (the ACM panel, front pit VSD , etc). They did this after visiting several museum Tomcats with a laser scanner and found they could realistically take it all to the next level (or crank it up to 11 as Spinaltap would say)..so they did.

I didn't want to say all, because I assumed that they had to have kept something.

So yeah, I feel like they're ahead of schedule at this point.

Yes, in many ways we're actually making really good time on certain features (in particular the entire rebuild of the aircraft's visual assets).

This is largely due to the massive increase of Tomcat assigned artist staff to rebuild the jet once we returned from our research trip in April.

We expected this expansion to be enough to meet our end of year estimates and deadlines, but unfortunately ramp up time was significantly longer than initially expected (For example, we realized we were woefully unprepared for such a large amount of data processing. We've been spending plenty of money paying for Amazon AWS this year, that much I can tell you. :) )

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Yes, in many ways we're actually making really good time on certain features (in particular the entire rebuild of the aircraft's visual assets).

This is largely due to the massive increase of Tomcat assigned artist staff to rebuild the jet once we returned from our research trip in April.

We expected this expansion to be enough to meet our end of year estimates and deadlines, but unfortunately ramp up time was significantly longer than initially expected (For example, we realized we were woefully unprepared for such a large amount of data processing. We've been spending plenty of money paying for Amazon AWS this year, that much I can tell you. :) )

Well it's like the old saying...Measure Twice, Cut Once. I don't think anyone will be complaining once the Tomcat is out that you and your team took the time and effort to blow us out of the water on the initial release than having to continuously update a..lukewarm product.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it still the Plan to release 1 Version of the Tomcat first and to a later time the other version?

good question, would like to know that as well

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective