Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 7

gregzagk

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know if it is true that Blue can use the 120B, but Red loses both the ER and the ET. Because if that is the case....

Nah, just gonna be a typo by Greg. We've done this set up before, don't worry. :)

I would like to know if it is true that Blue can use the 120B, but Red loses both the ER and the ET. Because if that is the case....

I don't think so. I just joined the server to check and could not select the 120B. I hope this calms everybody down and will result in less complaining this round.

The whining never ceases from either side. Where does it say Red must always be the underdog? Since the BS team are open to community suggestions and they like to change each round a little I think its a good suggestion. And its realistic.

Would Red be the underdog in the scenarios I suggested? I don't think they would, especially given that Red won the rounds where Blue were restricted to Sparrows.

I agree, it is realistic, but picking a 2 year time frame in a conflict potentially spanning 30 years (a window equivalent to just 7% of the time frame) purely to give yourselves an advantage does not sound to me like something in the best interest of the server as a whole. I'd happily fight that scenario, but I can see it driving many other players away in droves.

...We've done this set up before, don't worry. :)

Blue set up... and red must be happy.

:music_whistling:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

IMO things will just be getting harder for REdfor in the years to come in a late 80's environment. You'll be fighting F-14's with AIM-54's and F-18's with AGM-88's whilst you're still equipped with R-27R's and T's.

i would love 88 scenario as said by RAge, with a bit of advantage to reds.

SO we can all see blue kids whining about not having 8 amraams!! ie (Plaiskool)

it will ask more work with our eagle and we can only get better...

im completly "in and up" with that!!!!!!

I doubt it

Besides its a suggestion to the BS team. Perhaps they try it, perhaps they dont...

You do? You think choosing a brief period in history with the simple intent to benefit your own team to the great detriment of the other would not suck out a large part of their motivation to fight? It's certainly an optimistic view.

a044d2fb93e56d8dc4195a7cc4f59ca1.jpg

Sent while I should be working instead.

Instead of posting dank meme's you should work instead?

Ah! So if we suggest you guys have to work in order to get a kill we are salty? Do you even logic bruh?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do? You think choosing a brief period in history with the simple intent to benefit your own team to the great detriment of the other would not suck out a large part of their motivation to fight? It's certainly an optimistic view.

True but I don't think it is any different to the Red players that refused to play because 'going against the AIM-120C is pointless'.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Im ok with working for kills. I like the no active missiles idea. It's when the "hey let's select a tiny time frame where we get good stuff and they get old stuff" comments start popping up that I laugh at how desperate some (again not all) behave.

I'd love if our squad could fly the flankers on red side. I'd even join red side if I thought language barriers and no players being on in my playing window wouldn't ruin the experience for me.

So, uh, yeah. I logic, bro.

i would love 88 scenario as said by RAge, with a bit of advantage to reds.

SO we can all see blue kids whining about not having 8 amraams!! ie (Plaiskool)

it will ask more work with our eagle and we can only get better...

im completly "in and up" with that!!!!!!

*applaude*

yeah that way we will see who is better since the fighting happens on equal terms, no fire and forget. instead, you got to support your missiles on both sides.

P.S. traitor, you didnt change to red did you :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The general crapiness of both sides in their conduct, and the fact you can chose between a turkey shoot or slamming your head against a wall, is what's driving people away, I'd say.

*applaude*

yeah that way we will see who is better since the fighting happens on equal terms, no fire and forget. instead, you got to support your missiles on both sides.

P.S. traitor, you didnt change to red did you :P

When aim 7's and the combination of ER'Ss and ET's have equal performance and range let me know.

Looking forward to this one to see the differences.

A-10s with no cluster munitions is going to make taking FARPs a little more fun. Will potentially give attack choppers more to do and will make the called in bombers more useful.

Looking forward to it!

Thanks Buddy Spike team.

True but I don't think it is any different to the Red players that refused to play because 'going against the AIM-120C is pointless'.

I somewhat agree, although I think the difference is much smaller than the scenario Rage is proposing. I went to chat to a load of RedFor guys last night before the end of the round, and I can see the frustration associated with the Charlies with the lag occasionally rearing its head: it affects Red more than Blue in the Round 6 scenario, which is why I proposed the ER vs Sparrow and the ET vs 120B scenarios, which I feel are very reasonable.

Im ok with working for kills. I like the no active missiles idea. It's when the "hey let's select a tiny time frame where we get good stuff and they get old stuff" comments start popping up that I laugh at how desperate some (again not all) behave.

I'd love if our squad could fly the flankers on red side. I'd even join red side if I thought language barriers and no players being on in my playing window wouldn't ruin the experience for me.

So, uh, yeah. I logic, bro.

I think the going a certain time period is kinda pointless, DCS doesn't allow for any balance that way, because of a lack of assets on everyside. If we change to a time period where there are no KA50 or Gazelles or blah would be stupid, we'd lose all of those pilots on both sides.

Well, if all the sides had flankers and f15s it would be like basically just like airquake?

The language barrier is less of a problem. You just have to accept that some are not speaking it well or with heavy accent, and the russians usually dont communicate at all, if you dont speak russian. The time is still the biggest issue with blue being mostly americans. If that were offset so that it is balanced throughout the day ... that'd be great.

I would just propose this :

- Less fuel from fuel drops, MAKE TRANSPORT HELIPILOTS GREAT AGAIN!

- 27ER / 27T - OR - 27R/27ET ... Yes, it might be an advantage either way but not as big as to be a deal breaker IMO. I'd be for 27ERs

Edited by VentZer0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The general crapiness of both sides in their conduct, and the fact you can chose between a turkey shoot or slamming your head against a wall, is what's driving people away, I'd say.

Honestly, I understand the aim 120 frustration. What I dont understand is why a major portion of red players run right into the buzz saw and fight the 15's on their turf, wide open skies. A few did, but i didnt see much of the reds getting into the mountains, and using their IRST and superior turning capabilities, and additionally, their off bore R73's.

Granted some of the airfields are in wide open areas and its difficult, but the paths to them are littered with mountains and valleys where the flankers are king. I never feel comfortable in a 15 when the fight gets low and slow with mountains and valleys.

and we could try ER (not ET) vs Sparrow too. Its just suggestions to the event organisers. No need for anyone to get upset over realistic ideas...

Are you happy to lose all the other aircraft and weapons that comes with this though? Every time it was suggested a hard line cut, certain people got very unhappy at the idea of losing things. Take this round and the amount of assblasted comments at the idea of Redfor losing the Mirage.

Honestly, I understand the aim 120 frustration. What I dont understand is why a major portion of red players run right into the buzz saw and fight the 15's on their turf, wide open skies. A few did, but i didnt see much of the reds getting into the mountains, and using their IRST and superior turning capabilities, and additionally, their off bore R73's.

Because the odds are 15:1 most of the time, what else can one do, especially since the organizers outright didn't care about giving red side better AA.