Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I would say we need Official announcement :P

At least for the viggen. :lol:

Let me try let me try!! Rolling right!! :pilotfly:

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I wonder if it has occurred to any of you out there doing all of this speculating, that as long as it continues these guys might be reluctant to announce their next aircraft, much less release it, just so they won't lose all of this great entertainment??

I think they are working on how to handle the fallout when they don't release a Viggen!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

I think they are working on how to handle the fallout when they don't release a Viggen!

Yep I think the same.

Seems like they afraid.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

We need more steak! Then... we can have cheesy steak! Who is bringing the bread!

I think I'll have my cheese on the side, I prefer my steak plain... I mean plane :)

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

show us the A-6 already!

The A-6 is ugly... but the more I read about it, the more I get interested in it.

Now I would really like this ugly airplane :D

a-6_title.jpg

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Ok....I already bought the mirage and i can pay another aircraft this

month...tell us which are the aircraft.

I will buy at first day all of them, because i like to waste my money at beautiful fighters and great wines.

show us your next step and we will support you because we love your work and this hobby!

Edited by greco.bernardi

I can ease your suffering by giving you the real release dates.

DCS: Saab JA 37 Viggen (Q4 2016)

DCS: Vought F4U Corsair (Q2-Q3 2016)

DCS: Grumman F-14 Tomcat (Q4 2017)

Why so long? Look for how long Mig 21 is in development and for how long we dont have working ECM pod... :(

I doubt it will take this long. The -21, as we all know, had a tough start.

It was their first release, the know-how and the techniques didn't grow on trees,

the team had to work hard for it from scratch! Now they've developed a base they can build on.

Plus i think the ongoing development of DCSW didn't make things easier for them!

Edited by -Flo-

I can ease your suffering by giving you the real release dates.

DCS: Saab JA 37 Viggen (Q4 2016)

DCS: Vought F4U Corsair (Q2-Q3 2016)

DCS: Grumman F-14 Tomcat (Q4 2017)

Why so long? Look for how long Mig 21 is in development and for how long we dont have working ECM pod... :(

Jokes aside I really doubt we would get the F14 in 2016. 2017 looks more reasonable when you slow the progress in each of the modules that are supposed to be almost finished and work on their promotional material started.

LNS isn't to blame here. Everyone who dealt with software deveolppement knows how nasty it is and that not meeting deadline is the rule and not the exception. Not to forget that DCW was in a transitional phase and that they were shooting at a moving target.

Probably a more transparent communication would have been better though.

• Like 1

The A-6 is ugly... but the more I read about it, the more I get interested in it.

Now I would really like this ugly airplane :D

a-6_title.jpg

I'd love the A-6 too, but I don't understand how people can think it's ugly. I think you need to watch Flight of the Intruder :)

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

Jokes aside I really doubt we would get the F14 in 2016. 2017 looks more reasonable when you slow the progress in each of the modules that are supposed to be almost finished and work on their promotional material started.

DCS: MiG-21 took about 18 months to complete, with the discarding of the FC3 version of the MiG-21 and starting over with the code base (90% new code).

The Tomcat was started about 18 months ago and finishing in 2016 would mean a development time that is nearly twice as long as the MiG-21 - with a LNS team that is 3x the size of the one that did the MiG-21. No one knows when it will be done, but claiming it will be another 2 years seems a bit extreme - IMHO.

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213
  • Like 1

Probably a more transparent communication would have been better though.

FYI, your apparent view that progress has been slow probably has a strong relation to your latter statement regarding your view there's a lack of communication :)

Also, how many times to devs have to point out that a lot of the work behind modules simply isn't showable as it's code/setup? Speaking as a software developer, it's very common to go weeks or months without anything tangible to show to non developers.

Back to the speculation though:

All the clues point to Viggen and F4U. We've also not had any more clues since those two became the standout choices from the clues we were given.

I'd imagine that if we hadn't guessed correctly, we'd have got a couple more clues by now, especially as the announcements have gotten delayed.

This is disappointing, when you're trying to be fashionably pessimistic about your baseless predictions - you need to push things a little farther!

Why not 2020...or 2030? Push the limits! Like Oscar Wilde said - "nothing succeeds like excess".

That'll really get our attention and give the credibility that you seek. ;)

DCS: MiG-21 took about 18 months to complete, with the discarding of the FC3 version of the MiG-21 and starting over with the code base (90% new code).

The Tomcat was started about 18 months ago and finishing in 2016 would mean a development time that is nearly twice as long as the MiG-21 - with a LNS team that is 3x the size of the one that did the MiG-21. No one knows when it will be done, but claiming it will be another 2 years seems a bit extreme - IMHO.

-Nick

Your comparison with the MiG21 is not fair. LNS had only the MIG to develop, now they are working on 3 aircrafts. The F14 is put aside the time they finish the 2 others. Your months counting doesn't hold ground. Not to forget that the f14 as well as the other aircraft are way more complex than the MIG21.

On the SimHQ forum Cobra said one that they had to announce the F14 although they were actually focusing on the other modules. the real focus on the f14 will start somewhere in 2016. I personally don't expect it to be finished before 2017. That's not pessimistic, for me it's realistic and I'm totally fine with it. Complex aircrafts aren't easy to develop and I want to be fair to developers and not expect them to meet their deadlines that I think are not sustainable and are given under pressure from customers.

Believe me, in my company we do the day, we give deadlines that we know, customers know that we can't meet but that's the way it is. It's better to make customers wait rather than lose them from the start.

Edited by TomCatMucDe

FYI, your apparent view that progress has been slow probably has a strong relation to your latter statement regarding your view there's a lack of communication :)

Also, how many times to devs have to point out that a lot of the work behind modules simply isn't showable as it's code/setup? Speaking as a software developer, it's very common to go weeks or months without anything tangible to show to non developers.

Back to the speculation though:

All the clues point to Viggen and F4U. We've also not had any more clues since those two became the standout choices from the clues we were given.

I'd imagine that if we hadn't guessed correctly, we'd have got a couple more clues by now, especially as the announcements have gotten delayed.

I do partly software development in my job. I'm fully aware of that point. The point about communication is not about the behind the seen coding. The F14 communication is totally fine. the plane isn't even flying yet so there is nothing to show. However, my comment regarding the communication is about the 2 other jets. We can't say that there is nothing to show.

Yes, it is a baseless estimate, just like yours - which is my point.

None of us have good information from which to judge...so why are you talking about it?

-Nick

Nowhere I said I am having facts I ve secretly got from LNS. Simply looking at the delays so far, I can have my own opinion and manage my expectations. Development of the 2 aircrafts is still ongoing, migrating to DCS 2.0 isn't effortless, and patches are too frequent. I really hardly imagine they can finish before the end of 2016. Whether my guess is right or not (I hope it not) commercially it's not viable to announce 2017

I d be the first to preorder the F14, today before tomorrow. And I cross my fingers to see if in 1.1.2016 but let's see. Time will show us and I truly hope I am wrong and you are right Nick. :)

I'd be the first to preorder the F14, today before tomorrow. And I cross my fingers to see if in 1.1.2016 but let's see. Time will show us and I truly hope I am wrong and you are right Nick. :)

I'm not saying beginning of 2016, but I have hope that it will happen in 2016.

I hope we find out something soon...no matter which way things are headed. :)

-Nick