[DCS:W] *MULTIPLAYER* Logbook...1.2.3 Ready and works on *all* servers.

UPDATED FOR 1.2.4

Hi all,

Decided to post a new thread as a continuation of this one - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=101568

This Mod enables the in-game Logbook to track your Multiplayer flights as well as your Singleplayer flights.

It's a simple install. REQUIRES NO MANUAL FILE EDITING...Either use JSGME or overwrite your files in the DCS World directory (remember to back up the files you're overwriting)

After install, start DCS:W via the launcher and click Multiplayer, after joining a server and flying a plane. Click exit to exit the server...at this point the Debriefing screen will load and your logbook will be updated. Just like in Singleplayer...

Here's a screenshot from a mission I just flew on the 104th server...

attachment.php?attachmentid=77798&stc=1&d=1362092530

There are some requirements...

1. Your logbook name and Multiplayer name must be the same.

2. you MUST start Multiplayer via the launcher.

3. when flying Multiplayer, stick to ONE plane...fly your mission/die/eject/land..even respawn...but YOU MUST STICK TO ONE PLANE...then 'EXIT' to the debriefing screen to update your stats. You can then rejoin the server and chose another plane. This is neccessary to due to how DCS:W handles player slots. I did have the mod tracking multiple player planes during a session, but if another player takes your slot in the same session, their stats will be added to yours.

I'll upload the mod to Userfiles but in the meantime,

DOWNLOAD HERE

MPLogbook.png.3ef42aa28c626ddf03f8754701d627dd.png

Edited by Ebs
  • Like 1

Thank you Ebs,

I've only been without it now for a couple days and I was already starting to freak out ;) good work my man ;)

-Seil

Edited by Seil

-Seil

WotG Founder & A10C Lead

Hi Ebbs I was using the DCS grey launcher and then starting MP from inside the UI, had no issues with it not working.:thumbup:

just so you know,

Note we don't have to change the initiator notepad++ anymore? to our names?

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hi Ebbs I was using the DCS grey launcher and then starting MP from inside the UI, had no issues with it not working.:thumbup:

just so you know,

Note we don't have to change the initiator notepad++ anymore? to our names?

Are you sure about this Mastiff? The mod only updates the logbook when you see the debriefing screen. If you start MP directly then exit, you won't see a debriefing screen so your logbook won't update.

And yes, no more 'initiator' changing. it's all automatic now :)

Im pretty sur i have been getting briefing screen every time.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Just double check for me Mastiff. load DCS via the MP icon...join a server...join a plane then exit server. if you see Debriefing screen then all is well.

the MP icon yes that doesn't work, mistake, I thought you stating don't use the SP ui icon but use the MP one?

So yes the MP icon doesn't work..

yes for some reason everyones install is different, theres several icon colors and I guess it depends where you live, to which one the installer places?

Edited by Mastiff

the MP icon yes that doesnt work, mistake I thought you sere stating dont use the SP ui icon but use the MP one?

So yes the MP icon doesnt work..

I was confused on this too, the instructions above state use the green icon, which by default is my MP direct exe.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

This mod is great, one thing i've noticed is that my game CTDs everytime I get a medal and view the logbook after exiting MP.

The medal and the score get logged, but DCS crashes. It's no biggie because I just open dcs again and everything is there. Just thought this might be something to help you sqaush some bugs if needed.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

This mod is great, one thing i've noticed is that my game CTDs everytime I get a medal and view the logbook after exiting MP.

The medal and the score get logged, but DCS crashes. It's no biggie because I just open dcs again and everything is there. Just thought this might be something to help you sqaush some bugs if needed.

This happened to me as I started a new log book. I forgot what award I got, but it was a medal.

Same problem here. Got a medal and it crashed.

The logging is also a bit irregular. Sometimes it logs your flight and sometimes it does not. Cant pinpoint the problem atm.

EDIT: Going back to the original files of DCS 1.2.3

Edited by HiJack

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is with the 'awards' crash. and it's a case of swapping one line in me_debriefing.

HiJack, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific mate. So far, the mod has properly updated the logbook for every mission I've flown.

I've attached the 'fixed' me_debriefing.lua file to this post. could people try it out and let me know?

me_debriefing.lua

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is with the 'awards' crash. and it's a case of swapping one line in me_debriefing.

HiJack, you're gonna have to be a bit more specific mate. So far, the mod has properly updated the logbook for every mission I've flown.

I've attached the 'fixed' me_debriefing.lua file to this post. could people try it out and let me know?

I'm having issues with MP and it not updating and Crashing. In some private LAN servers.

Mastiff, what exactly?

I play conect to my buddies machine and when after an hour of play, I exit brief comes up and then Crash.