DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deferred shading is here to stay, I do not know if there is a work around sorry.

I do hope there will be something done. With deferred shading on, I cannot fly an open formation (I constantly lose sight of my flight lead at 1NM) and cannot manage to regroup on my leader's wing. Also spotting ennemies becomes an excessively hard thing.

Now, I fly in VR and don't know if the problem is also there with standard monitors or not but deferred shading completely ruins it for me in my Oculus. Much of the contrast aircraft - sky/background is lost.

I planned to fly the Hornet with my mates in MP but now I'm really affraid it's not going to be possible anymore.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Yeah I just saw that. :doh:

My apologies!

I thought we were in the Newsletter discussion thread.

I merged them here dont worry :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

There's no mention of it in the update patch notes thread, but this update has moved my audio to my rift headset (Don't care for this). Is there a way to change it?

Change it in your windows sound menu ( should be icon in lower right of your systray). Set your default sound in there.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My default sound is set to my speaker system

Hmm ok so how did you keep it from going automatically to Rift audio before?

I know when I launch DCS, or any other game in VR I get audio in my Rift headset automatically.

Edit: Come to think of it though, I have it set in my Oculus Tray Tool to do this for me.

Sorry not real sure on your issue. If you have the Oculus Tray Tool I guess you could use that to set your audio playback preferences.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hmm ok so how did you keep it from going automatically to Rift audio before?

Well, see, I'm not sure. It just always worked the way I wanted it to before now. 2.5.0 release version still plays through the speakers, 2.5.1 beta plays through the rift.

Edited by MurderOne
addl info

Sorry, no cool signature here.

ED should look into a way to making Deferred Shading turned off for those of us that can't afford a graphics card upgrade especially with the insane prices these cards are at right now.

You can thank the bitcoin miners for the increase in prices on graphics cards these days. I cringe at the prices also, but love it for my nvidia stock. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I understand their decision about DS. It's not just a feature you turn on and off, it brings DCS into a whole new world, a totally different lighting system. They can't possible keep supporting the old one. This being said ,I also understand the frustration of those with weaker GPUs. Eventually, you will need to bite the bullet, though. I have a 1070 which is not the creme de la creme, but it still runs quite smooth.

And here's a virtual beer for fixing the AI climb issue! ;)

Oh, that is fixed?! Nice :beer:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

If you lose your leader at 1 nm you should visit a doctor. Thats all I am going to say.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Thank you ED! The whole sim seems to be running much smoother on my end. I ran today the same mission in 2.5.1OB as yesterday and the performance was much much smoother, stable 60FPS throughout no stutters, great job!.

+1, same here, Thanks ED!

• ED Team
I do hope there will be something done. With deferred shading on, I cannot fly an open formation (I constantly lose sight of my flight lead at 1NM) and cannot manage to regroup on my leader's wing. Also spotting ennemies becomes an excessively hard thing.

Now, I fly in VR and don't know if the problem is also there with standard monitors or not but deferred shading completely ruins it for me in my Oculus. Much of the contrast aircraft - sky/background is lost.

I planned to fly the Hornet with my mates in MP but now I'm really affraid it's not going to be possible anymore.

Please submit a bug in the bug section, include your specs, tracks, screenshots of what you are seeing, someone can try and help you out better, or we can report issues to the team. But we do need all the info to do so.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Campaigns

• A-10C BFT Campaign
  • BFT01 - Some minor vehicle updates.
  • BFT02 - Corrected voice over.
  • BFT04, BFT09 - Corrected bug after missed approach.
  • F-15C The Georgian War - missions 2, 11, 12 updated.
  • Mi-8MTV2 The Border - missions 6, 11, 13 updated.
  • A-10C Sturmovik - mission 10 fixed.

Did I drink a liter of vodka or does that say A-10C Sturmovik :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Please submit a bug in the bug section, include your specs, tracks, screenshots of what you are seeing, someone can try and help you out better, or we can report issues to the team. But we do need all the info to do so.

Ok, I will make sure to write a proper post with all the info you pointed. Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I understand their decision about DS. It's not just a feature you turn on and off, it brings DCS into a whole new world, a totally different lighting system. They can't possible keep supporting the old one. This being said ,I also understand the frustration of those with weaker GPUs. Eventually, you will need to bite the bullet, though. I have a 1070 which is not the creme de la creme, but it still runs quite smooth.

+1:thumbup:

things must move forward, its the nature of things so I think is an obvious movement.

Take a look at my MODS here

Is the F-15C Aggressor BFM Campaign new? Can't remember to see any post about it. Who is the Dev.?

Where do you see this?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it's me or now the zoom animation, when the mission start, in cockpit is removed but always start full zoomed back?

Yup, the dreaded zoom thingy seems to be gone. It did take a few years to fix, nut better late than never :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.