Dedicated Server, "Reload Mission" Starts In Pause?

Hi,

I created a mission with triggers that "knows" when all four objectives are destroyed. A 10 minute countdown then starts with announcements that the mission will reload.

This all works well, except that when the mission reloads the dedicated server is in Pause mode.

How do I get the mission to reload and also *start* automatically on a dedicated server?

Wrecking Crew

:joystick:

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Thanks, Sanch0!

Anybody know if this can this be done with a command line switch?

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

No, no Servman. I have two puters in my cave and so I run one as dedicated for the A-10C missions that I am developing. Instead of changing a file, I'd like to pass a switch to turn off the Pause in the string that defines the next mission to load. That way, I hope, it would work on anyone's server, dedicated or not.

Yesterday, the mission got to the point where all four targets were destroyed and the mission reloaded with a triggered event, but the server came up Paused. I left it alone for 5 minutes or so and it just stayed in that condition.

WC

No, no Servman. I have two puters in my cave and so I run one as dedicated for the A-10C missions that I am developing. Instead of changing a file, I'd like to pass a switch to turn off the Pause in the string that defines the next mission to load. That way, I hope, it would work on anyone's server, dedicated or not.

Yesterday, the mission got to the point where all four targets were destroyed and the mission reloaded with a triggered event, but the server came up Paused. I left it alone for 5 minutes or so and it just stayed in that condition.

WC

You're looking for something embedded in a mission itself that will change whether the mission starts paused or not? Not something you can do without a mod. With a mod, it's quite easy though. Just one example would be, you could have a flag, that if true, auto-unpaused your mission. Something like this would require a relatively small change to server.lua.

If you're willing to install a mod, just clearly state what you want and I might be able to throw something together... for example, pausing or unpausing based on a flag, it took me longer to make this post than it would take to make something like that.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Thank you all for the quick responses. The network.cfg edit worked as required. No need for anything more than that.

Thanks Sanch0, and for the comma idea in the search string, too.

WC

• 8 months later...

This issue of Load On Pause is coming up again at DCSW 1.2.2.7268 (20-Nov-2012). we use trigger event Load Mission and the next mission is starting the server in Paused Mode.

The server's network.cfg has this line set to False.

WC

• 5 years later...

I know this thread has got a beard down to it's toes but I hate to waste space. I'm having the same niggle. Dedicated server start paused. I don't have a network.cfg so I made one. Didn't make a blind bit of difference. I appreciate things have moved on since '12 so I ask, is this setting somewhere else or is it considered inappropriate now?

Yours, 'Trying to get to grips with DCS' Ron