CE2... Why? Good? Bad?

MrSloanes

OK please explain, which reason for a flying farmers spraygun is in a

Digital

COMBAT

Simulator ?

Only for interest

Chlorine gas dispenser??? :)

This stopped being solely a military flight simulator when ED decided (presumably) to let someone release a non-military aircraft for it. Once it is released, this will be a military flight simulator in name only. And it will then become whatever the marketplace decides it is, unless ED restricts it. There is no reason DCS World can't be shared.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

This stopped being solely a military flight simulator when ED decided (presumably) to let someone release a non-military aircraft for it. Once it is released, this will be a military flight simulator in name only. And it will then become whatever the marketplace decides it is, unless ED restricts it. There is no reason DCS World can't be shared.

Well said. It can be shared as long as there are enough resources. Aircraft development takes such a long time that I believe a third party developer needs to concentrate on either civilian or military aircraft, not both. I am for the addition of civilian aircraft if it attracts third party developers from other sims to bring their civilian aircraft into DCS. I honestly don't know why this has not happened yet.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

.... I am for the addition of civilian aircraft if it attracts third party developers from other sims to bring their civilian aircraft into DCS. I honestly don't know why this has not happened yet.

Why I think it hasn't happened and probably wont happen is because of SIDS/STARS - ATC, MAPS too small... and a whole host of other issues. Anybody coming from a Civil Sim (which I fly when I get the IFR bug) will be use to these things.

KLAX to KLAS is a short ass flight and NTTR doesn't have the coast as its been obliterated and there are no plans to increase the map per ED.

CE2 is a test bed for all the effects props have on an AC in unusual attitude flight regimes. I believe it will fit nicely in with the DCS community because of the large following on Aerobatic servers.

I can imagine practicing aerobatics will be of real interesting for a lot of us here. I know I'm going to buckle under and get this bird and try to learn some aerobatics the way its suppose to be done.

Edited by aileron

I am for the addition of civilian aircraft if it attracts third party developers from other sims to bring their civilian aircraft into DCS. I honestly don't know why this has not happened yet.

The problem is that there is little that is portable from another sim to DCS. The 3d model might transfer but little, if any, of the code is transferable.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well said. It can be shared as long as there are enough resources. Aircraft development takes such a long time that I believe a third party developer needs to concentrate on either civilian or military aircraft, not both. I am for the addition of civilian aircraft if it attracts third party developers from other sims to bring their civilian aircraft into DCS. I honestly don't know why this has not happened yet.

Because they produce already for a well growing and well established market..no need for a A320 on caucasus lol

• Like 1

...better finish planes which are still bugged and release 2.5

Of course fix bugs and release 2.5. Whoever suggested otherwise? Beyond that, what any producer produces is their business. And you can support it financially or not. If they pay attention to what their customers want, produce a good product, fix and upgrade it when necessary, they will be as successful as their customer pool will allow. If not, they won't be. The trick is in knowing what your customers want. And the answer isn't always obvious.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

TF-51 is still done from P-51 removed Gun sight and Weapons, not a 1/3 of the effort from Producing a complete new Module...

And when ED can release a Yak-52 for DCS they can do what ever they want, when you don't like it don't buy it....

And TF-51 is also only a Aerobatic Plane there was never a witch-hunt like on the CE2...

They should next Time not make this big out of a Deal for Plane out of the Cornflakes Box but is there Decision....

You should see this from the bright side, possible brings more third Party Developer to DCS with more Content...

Edited by MAD-MM
  • Like 1

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

You should see this from the bright side, possible brings more third Party Developer to DCS with more Content...

Come on, some of the best ones from the FSX scene have already broken their necks with DCS years ago… Some current third parties are going to quit DCS. M3 is quit by the people wanting jets because M3 now is making props and will probably stick to it forever… Belsimtek, Razbam and Heatblur have appropriated the most iconic jets already… Who will have the guts to come to DCS to fill the small blanks left ?

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Come on, some of the best ones from the FSX scene have already broken their necks with DCS years ago… Some current third parties are going to quit DCS. M3 is quit by the people wanting jets because M3 now is making props and will probably stick to it forever… Belsimtek, Razbam and Heatblur have appropriated the most iconic jets already… Who will have the guts to come to DCS to fill the small blanks left ?

That!

:doh: I see great quantity of negativity here.....

Bogey, you are too far away from the truth regarding M3 and Heatblur's "wanting jets" assumption.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Bogey, you are too far away from the truth regarding M3 and Heatblur's "wanting jets" assumption.

I would say Bogey hits the nail exact on its top.... thus farmers tiy plane in combination wirh the produced hype is jzst a bad attitude vad sugn an an awful marketing... if i want to dly civ planes i use the existing winderful sims wirh the overwhelming variety...better take care of bugged models and improve them...customers would aopreciate it much more

:doh: I see great quantity of negativity here.....

That much ? :noexpression:

Ok there is still the F-16 and Tornado in very high demand :D

from your own list :

*Graveyard

+ CoreTex Designs (Closed)

+ IRIS (Closed)

+ Kinney Interactive (Closed):

+ Mil-Sim-Projects (Closed):

+ Patriot Team (Closed):

+ RRG Studios (Closed / all work pass to ED).

+ Team VRC (Closed):

I don't know if all of them came from FSX though. But sure DCS is not full of happiness and positivity no matter what. Since this was a sort of wave of casualties that has been stopped, I presume that prerequisites are much more severe before entering the DCS's third party world now. Let's wait some months to confirm how many candidates will be attracted as hoped :music_whistling:

I'd also like an update about VEAO and Polychops plans. Maybe what I read about them is officially obsolete by now, or there is some kind of word play coming…

I don't mix M3 and Heatblur. Maybe there is a misunderstanding here because I was talking about what want users, not studios. I may assume from your reaction that M3 is still planning to work on new jets modules which would be cool. One of the announced surprises maybe ?

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I would say Bogey hits the nail exact on its top....

You must have misunderstood Bogey's statement.

M3 is quit by the people wanting jets because M3 now is making props and will probably stick to it forever

If you think Nick left because he wanted to do jets, quite frankly, you're wrong. And, I'm not inclined to say why for contractual reasons.

The F-14A/B is a project we all agreed enthusiastically to do. If nothing major has changed (since the split) on the 3D model, you'll see I have worked on various parts to improve it's shape.

I don't mix M3 and Heatblur. Maybe there is a misunderstanding here because I was talking about what want users, not studios. I may assume from your reaction that M3 is still planning to work on new jets modules which would be cool. One of the announced surprises maybe ?

Perhaps, but the grammar used, makes an assumption Nick left us because he wanted to do a jet, which is incorrect.

DCS has an incredible FM base code, and Dolphin wants to get the most out of it, by using an aerobatic aircraft. Results from testing will give him an advantage to create an exceptional Corsair prop FM.

• Like 2

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

You must have misunderstood Bogey's statement.

If you think Nick left because he wanted to do jets, quite frankly, you're wrong. And, I'm not inclined to say why for contractual reasons.

The F-14A/B is a project we all agreed enthusiastically to do. If nothing major has changed (since the split) on the 3D model, you'll see I have worked on various parts to improve it's shape.

Perhaps, but the grammar used, makes an assumption Nick left us because he wanted to do a jet, which is incorrect.

DCS has an incredible FM base code, and Dolphin wants to get the most out of it, by using an aerobatic aircraft. Results from testing will give him an advantage to create an exceptional Corsair prop FM.

I understood his message pretty well... and if u think red bull toyplanes will save dcs...look outside..f4 f14 and maaaaaaaaaaany other mil planes allready populate in very well quality realy good sims... soon the question may be ; why dcs if i can have it somewhere else quicker in the same qual...

I understood his message pretty well... and if u think red bull toyplanes will save dcs...look outside..f4 f14 and maaaaaaaaaaany other mil planes allready populate in very well quality realy good sims... soon the question may be ; why dcs if i can have it somewhere else quicker in the same qual...

I didn't realize DCS needs to be saved? :huh:

Anyway, I don't think CE2 will neither make nor break DCS, it will be just another great aircraft to fly and enjoy.

That much ? :noexpression:

Ok there is still the F-16 and Tornado in very high demand :D

from your own list :

*Graveyard

+ CoreTex Designs (Closed)

+ IRIS (Closed)

+ Kinney Interactive (Closed):

+ Mil-Sim-Projects (Closed):

+ Patriot Team (Closed):

+ RRG Studios (Closed / all work pass to ED).

+ Team VRC (Closed):

My own list only show the "teams" with not reach to complete a module.

-CoreTex Designs never reach a functional complete module, the team was disolved and some members form Polychop (I was part of the team).

-IRIS only was plans to the style "we go to export my FSX addons to DCS" and fail. They never get a explanation, only disappear, the other similar team was RAZBAM and maked your work to learn DCS as a new platform and build modules (Now 2 release and coming 4 more).

- Kinney Interactive, a team with only a F-35 Kickstarter with never reach a "founded", was disappear without show a alternative module.

- Mil-Sim-Projects, other team only with "plans".

- RRG Studios, the old WW2 Kickstarter team, run out of money and the project was absorbed to ED and continue, someone form UGLA Media team and release Normandy WW2 and Assets pack and continue improve Normandy and making more AI Units to WW2 envirotment.

- Patriot Team, the old L-39 project, the team disappear with ED release own L-39.

- Team VRC, other team only with "plans".

You intent compare de "Graveyard" with the work of ED, 1 Partners and nine 3rd Parties with 27 Modules, 2 Theatres and 20 Campaigns making on 5 Years (plus the Ka-50 and A-10C modules early 2012) has very funny, and surely more 3rd parties coming in the next years.

Actually has on develop / planned a DCS World mayor update, a free Theatre update, two new Theatres and nine modules (not include new campaigns), and that not show a DCS World will be Doom, and if ED open the SDK to 3rd party to build Theatres and make the dll and code to add ground and sea modules, surely more 3rd parties and team can coming to DCS.

Other point, the "iconic" aircraft has not only F-16 or Tornados, has a extended list from aircraft from different "eras" iconic to the community (WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Cold war, etc), and the "whitlist" on the forum show a extend number of them.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Can you quote me where I think red bull toy planes will save DCS?

Well, there is already a "Mig-28" in DCS, there is also an incoming Tomcat... could be a really good idea give us a nice A4-E Skyhawk, no one of 3rd party even name it, a plane in witch you can do air carrier operations, air refuel, old school ground pounding and of course, Top Gun with Viper kicking the Maverick's arse =P

There is actually a misunderstanding, but it's all my fault. I wasn't pointing at any Leatherneck member, I was trying to refer to the users, the customers the players. I need to upgrade my english skills.

Apologizes for giving the impression to hurt studio members' relationships. That is definitely not something I want to do.

My own list only show the "teams" with not reach to complete a module.

You intent compare de "Graveyard" with the work of ED, 1 Partners and nine 3rd Parties with 27 Modules, 2 Theatres and 20 Campaigns making on 5 Years (plus the Ka-50 and A-10C modules early 2012) has very funny, and surely more 3rd parties coming in the next years.

ED and the 3rds are obviously not comparable with the graveyard, I don't understand how you could interpret me that way. However it still can be the future image of the ones coming. I hope not, but past has made examples (thx to explain what happened to them btw). Again, let's wait and see what will happen to the newcomers if they ever come. Meanwhile there is no need to harass people not thinking in the positive way all the time. It is more productive to face the realities than pretend to be interested by the bright side of things only.

and if ED open the SDK to 3rd party to build Theatres and make the dll and code to add ground and sea modules, surely more 3rd parties and team can coming to DCS.

if… speculation… sorry I'm tired of this.

Other point, the "iconic" aircraft has not only F-16 or Tornados, has a extended list from aircraft from different "eras" iconic to the community (WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Cold war, etc), and the "whitlist" on the forum show a extend number of them.

I wish I had the time to code a web based unified poll for wished aircraft. Anyway, if a F-16 module has to be made (perhaps one of the most iconic don't you agree ?) it would only be from a very experienced studio, surely not the job of a new third party one unless we have to wait even more years again after the production of a couple of experimental modules.

I'll buy :

if… speculation… sorry I'm tired of this.

Yes "speculation", the same terms with NTTR, Normandy, WW2, 1.5 Dx11 engine improve some years ago. Take care and get some patience, surely someone can coming and get a smile some time.

I wish I had the time to code a web based unified poll for wished aircraft. Anyway, if a F-16 module has to be made (perhaps one of the most iconic don't you agree ?) it would only be from a very experienced studio, surely not the job of a new third party one unless we have to wait even more years again after the production of a couple of experimental modules.

F-16 has in the ED ground, "on hold", but when the F/A-18C get complete, expected can be some move about them.

F-16 has in the ED ground, "on hold", but when the F/A-18C get complete, expected can be some move about them.

Oh great... now I'm not going to be able to sleep for at least a year. wink.gif

I for one am looking forward to what this will give us... as I see the CE2 as pushing the limits of DCS capability in the piston engine regime.

And I believe it will be better than any other sim at aerobatics... I think we will be able to say yes this is a combat sim, but DCS ability to simulate flight is superior just look at our aerobatic capabilities. tongue.gif

Oh, and just because:

.... red bull toy planes will save DCS...

Oh, and just because:

Can you quote me where I think red bull toy planes will save DCS?

Just in case

Lol... Rudel I was making a funny (being a smart ass) about the fact, that looked at the right/wrong way you just said it, so someone can say you said it.

It was meant to get a smile out of you, maybe a snicker... on the best of days, possibly a chuckle. I doubt a laugh.

I know sadly someone could take my out of context poor joke and make an out of context comment about your comment. :( Such is the interwebs.