Hornet will not start on Instant Action Missions

Spartan1910

Hello everybody, so I have an issue with starting up the hornet on instant action missions. I'll use Nevada Cold Start as my example. So, I turn on the battery, run both fire tests, start the apu and wait for the green light, crank the right engine and wait until it's ready. Tried right shift+home and the engine will not proceed from there. This also applies to the left engine with right alt + home. When this was happening I also tried other things like closing the canopy with the ctrl+c combo and it also didn't work. However the weird thing is when I go into the cold start training for the hornet with the narrator everything starts up fine. I also had the idea that maybe it spawned me with empty fuel tanks so I rearmed but it didn't solve the problem. I made a video of the issue which I'll post below. Last thing I want to add is that I'm brand new to flight sims so part of me wonders if I'm just missing something and if so please move this thread. I have a slight feeling maybe the mapping gets changed from the training mission to instant action. Thanks for any help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqII0aqLuzc&t=14s

You have to have the Battery switch ON for the engine igniters to work; on the video the switch is OFF and hence you have a "Battery Sw" alarm on the right panel.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

"BATT SW" means the battery is set to ON... Manual, page 31... ;)

Weird problem you have there Spartan1910. While in the mission did you check the commands for "Throttle Idle" (both left and right) by pressing the escape key and clicking on adjust controls? In the control window you can press Right-Shift Home and it will go directly to the Throttle idle line.

Edited by Akatsuki

"BATT SW" means the battery is set to ON... Manual, page 31... ;)

Yes, you are right ... and looking closely on the video the BATT sw is actually ON

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Alright, i think i know the solution to your problem!

On the main DCS menu go to options (the small gearing on top left of the screen), then click on the "Gameplay" tab, uncheck "Game avionic mode" and click OK.

This should fix your problem. :)

Edited by Akatsuki

Alright, i think i know the solution to your problem!

On the main DCS menu go to options (the small gearing on top left of the screen), then click on the "Gameplay" tab, uncheck "Game avionic mode" and click OK.

This should fix your problem. :)

That did it man. Thank you so much. I would've never thought to check something like that.