How to send a message to a JTAC/TacCmdr player?

JLX

I'd like to trigger a message/mark/voiceover ONLY to a player in a JTAC/TacCmdr role.

The MESSAGE TO / MARK TO / SOUND TO actions can be directed to ALL / COALITION / COUNTRY / GROUP

I'm running into 2 problems:

1. Even when sending a message to ALL or COALITION, the JTAC/TacCmdr doesn't receive the on-screen message.

2. Further, I want to send it just to the tactical player (who doesn't seem to be able to receive any messages at all).

So, as the JTAC/TacCmdr is not in a GROUP, how do I target them (and only them) for these actions?

The idea here is that as a situation unfolds, only the tactical player would receive intel via these mechanisms. It's then his job to process the information and coordinate other players.

I'm working with the vanilla mission editor at present but am not adverse to using a script. If it can be accomplished that way, some help with the script would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Unfortunately I do not think this is possible at this time...the best workaround I can think of would be to set enable the "pilot can control vehicles" option and have your TC occupy an aircraft slot without ever taking off. This should allow you to send messages to the group, and your TC will still be able to occupy vehicles directly and issue orders through the F10 map as req'd.

Be sure to include an audio component even if it's only an alert and leave messages on-screen for a significant length of time, as text messages are not displayed while viewing the F10 map.

Thanks Viper. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

That's a decent suggestion for a workaround. While a bit time consuming to prep, I find audio vs written messages easier to process while flying anyway. So, perhaps I'll stick to that.

Cheers.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets