Afterburner detent "hold" switch option

RuskyV

Like the title says i think it would be nice to have an option to hold open the detent switch instead of just a toggle.

A visual look or "feel"at a switch position on your hotas could tell you right away if you have the AB detent open or not.

Good or bad idea?

Haven't tested in the latest release. I switched back to not using the button because I don't like the idea of coming off the throttle then hit a button then increasing throttle again. I would rather just hold forward and hold a button when I need some burner, release the button when I don't. That way I don't need a double throttle movement.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

This is already possible using the Throttle Finger Lift keybind with the afterburner detent option on.

Can i bind a button on my warthog throttle to keep the finger lifts held up then? If i did this and chopped the throttles wouldn't i run the risk shutting the engines down inadvertently?

The finger lift bind is momentary, they're only lifted while you hold the button.

Holding it wont let you shut down the engines, it will however let you pull all the way back to ground idle in the air.

So i can bind the finger lift to a switch that can stay open and all the time its open i can use the throttle from ground idle to afterburner without the worry of triggering the idle cut off.

If thats thr case thats awsome.