Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

Looks great, first day buy for me.

I've been waiting 5 years for this!

Unfortunately you will still have to wait quite a few months probably, taking into account the complexity of the subject.. but it is in development! We will be giving you updates on our progress along the way!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

This is exactly what I've been waiting for. I'll be occupied with my full-time job for the next couple months, so that'll help the wait. Cheers!

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

Great! Ive always watched youtube videos and than switched to DCS and try it out myself. Was really annoying to go back to youtube if I missed something.

Gonna buy it for sure!

Regards

Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

We don't want to compete with MF missions, which are great. In fact, I think both campaigns may be going together well.

There is a couple of things I want to point out:

A) This campaign won't grade your skills - yes, there will be 2-3 complex missions simulating the real battlefield that will require you to put things you have learned to test, but its main goal is not to assess you. It is to teach you. So we will go deep into functioning of sensors, systems etc. Including those which are not utilised by most of other mission designers, like correct radio frequencies use. We will also try to give some tips and tricks that might be useful during missions. You should learn all that you need to be really proficient in the more demanding SP campaigns - like TEW or (knowing his excellent work so far) upcoming Ranger79s one.

B) This will be done with great focus on storyline and characters. This campaign is set at a very specific background - preparation to participate in an emerging conflict in the Strait of Hormuz, it has defined characters (you will play a National Guard captain who has flown on A-10As and is coming for a familiarisation training on a Charlie) and it will heavily depend on atmosphere during the missions, with chit-chat from other flights, developing relationship with your IP as the campaign progresses etc.

C) This campaign is intended as a part of trilogy, using the same setting and parts of characters that will appear here, then in M-2000C Red Flag set in Mevada, and finaly in A-10C campaign in Strait of Hormuz when the map is available. There will be some parallels drawn with the stock M-2000C campaign (you will meet some of the pilots featured there).

And just to give you an example of the magnitude - we are finalising work on script for M1 and I assess that it will probably have at least 200-300 lines of VOs (probably more) and will last around 1.5-2h, with the startup and quick familiarisation flight. And it will just touch upon some of the stuff which we will go deeper into in next missions.

Hope this gives you a more clear idea!

Perfect! Sounds like it'll be on my buy list. I need my computer back so I can play. I'm so jonesing right now lol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Baltic,

Even if I have been flying the A-10C for quite a while now, I am quite sure, I'll get this campaign. There's always something more to learn. I found your Enemy Whithin very enjoyable and well made. Also, kudos for chosing Iron Maiden for the trailer!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

\\\S.D. Plissken... American, Lieutenant: Special Forces Unit "Black Light". Two Purple Hearts, Leningrad and Siberia. Youngest man to be decorated by the President. Then you robbed the Federal Reserve Depository... life sentence, New York maximum security penitentary.

\\\My Specs

ASUS Maximus IX Code / i7 7700K / 32GB DDR4@3600MHz / MSI GeForce 1080Ti / Samsung M.2 960 EVO / ACER PREDATOR X34A / TM Warthog / MFG Crosswind Pedals / TIR 5

Will the story line continue in the future? Great vid :thumbup:

You mean some new vids? I think so, as we progress with the campaign. It definitely will have a well built background- meaning storyline and characters.

Hey Baltic,

Even if I have been flying the A-10C for quite a while now, I am quite sure, I'll get this campaign. There's always something more to learn. I found your Enemy Whithin very enjoyable and well made. Also, kudos for chosing Iron Maiden for the trailer!

Thanks for the kind words! We will make sure to put some stuff in the campaign that will be interesting and new even to those who have quite a few hours in the Hog under their belt. And as for the choice of a song - I think it just fits perfectly with the idea of the trailer.

• 4 months later...

Hey,

We thought with Doughboy that we'd give you a small update on the work, which is progressing pretty well.

As you can imagine doing a comprehensive training campaign covering most of the aspects of such a complex jet is not an easy task, but we are progressing with script writing and ideas. Soon, we will be able to give you a draft list of all the missions we intend to include in the campaign, from startup to air to air training. All with the proper storyline, with different in-game characters with their own personalities and history, set against a backdrop of a new conflict brewing up in the Middle East.

We also have a working title for the campaign, which may become official - the Iron Flag.

Finally, just to share the magnitude of the project - the first mission which is practically ready (only small tweaks left) will take around 1.5 - 2 hours to accomplish and has more than 350 lines of voiceovers, some of them as long as 45-60 seconds. As a comparison, the whole Enemy Within campaign with 21 missions had around 670 VOs in total. So yes, it is going to be huge.

We will be posting short videos from the missions together with more updates on a more regular basis from now on. So stay tuned!

• 3 weeks later...

NICE!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Nice preview, I really like Bunyap's style of presenting these videos!

I was also given early access to this mission and it's definitely the most in-depth in-mission explanation of the startup procedure I've ever seen. Add to that all those anecdotes from the lead pilot that give the whole thing a very lively feeling and we have yet another fantastic campaign coming up, that will also make perfect use of the NTTR environment.

TL;DR: Can't wait ;)

Day One purchase, definitely. A lot of people have really had issues with there 'not being enough to do in NTTR' but I think this sort of campaign (and the F5 BFM Aggressor Campaign) really bring the NTTR's potential into full swing.

I am really enjoying the heavy procedure simulation aspect and the direction they are going with it!

Referencing Bunyap's video, the ATIS is a very, very nice touch and something that has been lacking for as long as I can remember, great to see it! :)

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A lot of people have really had issues with there 'not being enough to do in NTTR' but I think this sort of campaign (and the F5 BFM Aggressor Campaign) really bring the NTTR's potential into full swing.

I am really enjoying the heavy procedure simulation aspect and the direction they are going with it!

I agree that this type of campaign is really needed and will be great fun. Part of the need is that many of us don't know what to do in NTTR. DCS is such a complex sim that fully utilizing it requires a ton of knowledge and a very complete environment. That environment can be created in DCS, but it doesn't come easily (especially for those of us without the comprehensive knowledge of many on this forum).

The more time I spend with pre-made/campaign missions, the more it feels like the only way to go. They are so much more interesting and complete.

Plus, the current training missions are a bit dry (I haven't tried the Mirage's new missions yet - probably the exception :)) and I want my time with this hobby to be fun and interesting - even while I am learning about systems. A training mission campaign like this seems so perfect.

Also, ED and the 3rd parties seem pretty committed to keeping training missions on the Caucasus map for practical reasons of map availability. Having interesting training campaigns in Normandy or NTTR would be amazing and the perfect prelude to a combat campaign.

In short, Baltic Dragon absolutely has the right idea with this new DLC campaign and I will definitely buy it (and hopefully learn the A-10C the way I need to for other campaigns). The follow-up campaign in the Strait of Hormuz will probably be amazing too! :D

-Nick

• Like 1