Betty Warning sounds

Dave317

I think the betty sounds are a placeholder for now but I thought I'd make some more realistic ones. I've replaced the Warning, Caution and landing gear sounds as these are the only ones that seem to work in game and IMO it sounds way better. It looks like if you trigger the Bingo fuel alarm for example it doesn't trigger the Bingo sound. Is it possible to change this so all the different alarms work?

Installed your mod today, really enjoying it! great job.

Really wish the RWR sounds were better though. Anyway to mod those?

Many thanks!

The Harrier suffers the same issue as the Mirage RWR - it only plays about 0.25s of the RWR sound file. As such it makes something like the RAE mod a waste of time. Having said that I did try to force the RAE mod in with a bit of botched code but the game ignores it.

I will keep trying periodically though just in case it suddenly decides to work.

Edited by al531246

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Many thanks!

The Harrier suffers the same issue as the Mirage RWR - it only plays about 0.25s of the RWR sound file. As such it makes something like the RAE mod a waste of time. Having said that I did try to force the RAE mod in with a bitch of botched code but the game ignores it.

I will keep trying periodically though just in case it suddenly decides to work.

Not familiar with this issue. I own the M2K but cant say I've ever noticed that RWR being bad. The sound files play every time a new contact pings me and I get the hard lock tone. I dont think I've ever noticed a hard lock tone in the harrier.

Edit. Just tested on a created mission. I get the Lockup/radar launch tone, its just the radar ping tone that is very weak.

Edited by Tyrant07

well done!i tried your sound mod,it is so real.

thank you,i hope more harrier sound mods will be come out soon,especially engine sound.:thumbup:

Cheers!

great job, can i ask will this pass the IC check

Yep, this passes IC. Been using it for a couple months with no problems whatsoever.

Big thanks for this

Cheers!

Not familiar with this issue. I own the M2K but cant say I've ever noticed that RWR being bad. The sound files play every time a new contact pings me and I get the hard lock tone. I dont think I've ever noticed a hard lock tone in the harrier.

Edit. Just tested on a created mission. I get the Lockup/radar launch tone, its just the radar ping tone that is very weak.

It plays sounds, they're audible but it doesn't play the entire sound file. So if I put in a launch warning sound file that was 5 seconds long, it would only play and keep repeating the first 0.25 seconds of the sound.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD