VNAO Rising

MadMaxter

Greetings,

I would like to reintroduce myself and make an exciting announcement. My name is "MadMax" and I am the last surviving founder of the original Virtual Naval Air Operations, also known as VNAO. Though VNAO faltered over the years, it lived on in a few individuals who kept the spirit of VNAO alive and well.

Thanks to the efforts of Jar with the VFA-113 Stingers and Icefire with the VFA-213 Black Lions, that spirit and spark has been ongoing, though not as visible as it was at its peak. What Jar and the Stingers have achieved in the years since is nothing short of amazing. The carrier operations are second to none other inside the sim community. The Stingers has shown unswerving dedication to realism and training and it shows.

Icefire has remained active with his close knit group of Black Lions over the years and recently announced his standing up of the VCVW-11 Virtual Carrier Wing. It has garnered much interest and is seeing a tremendous amount of growth and dedication in anticipation of the arrival of the new modules for the Hornet and Tomcat. He is now proudly leading four squadrons. In addition to the VFA-213 Black Lions, there are the VFA-154 Black Knights, VMFA-232 Red Devils and VT-22 Golden Eagles training squadron.

So, today, I would like to announce that these two groups are standing up Virtual Naval Air Operations once again. And in addition, I would like to announce that I will be recruiting for the VFA-103 Jolly Rogers squadron as I will be retaking the reigns as I did at VNAO's height of popularity.

NewVNAOlogotiny.jpg?dl=1

Our goal is simple. Do it like the pros do. Emulate what our heroes achieve and give those things the respect they deserve. If you want to learn, train and perform the way they do, this is the place to get that done.

All three of these groups and any future groups that live up to the spirit that embodies what we do, will fly the VNAO logo and banner on their respective websites and other media. Congratulations to Jar and Ice for their achievements and looking forward to many more achievements to come.

NewVNAOlogotiny.jpg?dl=0

As far as the Jolly Rogers group, I will be announcing a discord channel that will be used temporarily as a meet and greet for new pilots and a place to get to know one another. Work has already begun on textures for mod we will be using until the DCS Hornet releases and work will begin in earnest on the skins for the new birds as soon as they arrive and provide texture templates.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the skies, and on deck.

22a28a05f75949bdbe751690674b90e9.png?dl=1

CALL THE BALL!!!

22a28a05f75949bdbe751690674b90e9.png.aef1132d388175006257e0f9ce7f810d.png

NewVNAOlogotiny.jpg.a244259d76e7bce9ac1ebbce930ccdf7.jpg

VNAOpromo.thumb.jpg.d99e73a4c78c82631de6e908f5d3d17d.jpg

Edited by MadMaxter
adding pictures

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven is proud to be a VNAO Alumni organization.

As Commander Air Group and VNAO Alumnus, I look forward to the future of all three of our organizations. The VCVW-11, the Stingers, and the Jolly Rodgers are brothers in simulated arms separated by years lacking professional study level naval simulation. No more as we look to a bright future in Virtual Naval Air Operations. We'll show the world how its done, together !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Thanks for that. I love alpha sim stuff. You guys have a website up?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it. That Mig24 is getting some good buzz.

Edited by MadMaxter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

So where would a person go who is interested in multiple qualifications, say F-5E as an Adversary, Harrier for current naval strike, and the Hornet for fighter and strike on release?

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Need any huey pilots

We may be interested in doing some joint operations with Huey groups and if we get enough interested folks, who knows? There might be a Huey squad in VNAO before long.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some new training skins for the recruits. Modeled after the T-45 Goshawk used in the US Navy. We could have used the Hawk module, but with the problems it has and the added expense we decided a repaint would be the way to go. Also, it is a fictitious squadron designation. But, it puts our new people in a plane until they get trained up.

vt103tbones3.jpg?dl=1