Franken Sabre - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #11
Ala13_ManOWar

And another one, dated 1961, so…

S!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #12
Baco

I am all for slats! LOL, Argentina operated surplus F-30s with F-40 wings, reconditioned by North American in late 59. But

My guess is that it´s not only not going to happen, but i Doubt we will get any other Sabre Variant in the foreseeable future
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:24 AM   #13
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
Well, I know it's probably a rarity, but how do you explain this one? Probably F-86F-25 (or -30) with hard edge 6-3 wing, dispatched to Spain from 1956 onwards, of course used aircraft. Only a handful of them as the rest were F-40, but they existed at least as late as 1956. Being a probable F-25 cockpit may not match DCS one (though I know no pics), but external features does, I think.

I forgot, no sidewinders mounted ever on them AFAIK.

S!
A) its a surplus plane sold off to Spain, not a sabre operated in USAF inventory.

B) Like you speculated either F86F block 25- 30 . not a F86F block 35 ( the block we have modeled in DCS) and it doesn't have sidewinders.

To note The Block 35 has a different cockpit panel than the block 25 and block 30.

Centerline panel for a missile modded sabre is also different.

C) Its very possible it might not actually be a F86F block 25- 30 in those images, People forget earlier F86F blocks were being upgraded to 6/3 wing standards with kit packages during korean war, thus for such an upgraded block you cant tell them apart from visuals alone. These older productipn sabres or in general ones with higher flight time would have first to removed from serivice vs newer production F86F airframes or with less flight hours kept passed on to continued post war AF or ANG service at the time

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 01-20-2019 at 04:35 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:27 AM   #14
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
And another one, dated 1961, so…

S!

you can spam pictures all you want. difference is with my posts i traced down the model # to determine which exact block it was to prove a point.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 01-19-2019 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #15
Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
A) its a surplus plane sold off to Spain, not a sabre operated in USAF inventory.
Well, there you have it. They may have chosen this configuration to accomodate more users.
Or, we have this version simply because the devs got hold of a surviving airframe that they could document. And survivors and museum aircraft often are franken ships because many are put toghether from multiple airframes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
to prove a point.
My point would be that DCS is a simulator.
And with the current F-86 config we can simulate a larger timeframe and more operators...
Sure, more variants would be fun. It would also mean more work for the devs, that they probably would like to be compensated for. That would be absolutely fine with me. But I don’t know how well multiple F-86 variant modules would sell, considering the cost-benefit of such an effort.
Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #16
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
Well, there you have it. They may have chosen this configuration to accomodate more users.
Or, we have this version simply because the devs got hold of a surviving airframe that they could document. And survivors and museum aircraft often are franken ships because many are put toghether from multiple airframes.

My point would be that DCS is a simulator.
And with the current F-86 config we can simulate a larger timeframe and more operators...
Sure, more variants would be fun. It would also mean more work for the devs, that they probably would like to be compensated for. That would be absolutely fine with me. But I don’t know how well multiple F-86 variant modules would sell, considering the cost-benefit of such an effort.

IF they wanted that configuration thne they should have simualted the F86F block 30 which actually was used in Korea, or the sort of planes that foreign users Spain would have had if they wanted to accommodate more users

We have the F86F block 35 which has a different cockpit plus is modified with sidewinder avionics anyways, so for this variant given the timeframe ( as demonstrated in OP), its supposed to have the F40 wing configuration.
The Block 35's were specifically meant for USAF service as they have the LABS instruments installed . that was the prime reason why block 35 was produced, and its major change, for toss bombing tactical nuclear weapons. Eventually F86F35's were exported ( but not before earlier blocks) but LABS was removed.

AS i further pointed out those might not even be F86F block 25- 30 in the images.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Last edited by Kev2go; 01-19-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #17
Goblin

Relax, Kev2go.
I’m not saying you are wrong. This is evidently very important to you.
Just saying that it’s a sim, so features may have been added to cater to a wider audience.
You may not agree with this, but you’re not the developer, who needs to earn a buck from this module.
That’s all.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:21 AM   #18
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
Relax, Kev2go.
I’m not saying you are wrong. This is evidently very important to you.
Just saying that it’s a sim, so features may have been added to cater to a wider audience.
You may not agree with this, but you’re not the developer, who needs to earn a buck from this module.
That’s all.
it should not be done at the cost of historical authenticity or realism. This is DCS, not War Blunder.

You can rationalize all you want, but I have already presented why this the wrong aircraft version to be apealing to a wider audience. and besides we already have mutliple versions of a given aircraft or expansions for aircraft.

IE ED with 2 L39 versions, which was followed with NS430 navigation payware expansion, or how Heatblur is making 2 F14 tomcat versions ( different engines and different avionics) all for the price of 1 module

ED has also revisted Ww2 birds and updated thier cockpits with new 3d textures and also split P51D into two versions ; P51 D25 and P51D30. the D30 has additional avionics ( new iff system) , and this was the original block simulated. but the D25 was added on behest of the community as being the historically appropriate variant for European Theatre for 1944 timeframe, whilst the D30 was only in the pacific.

To create 2 versions of a Airframe ( in this case same block) would not be something other developers wouldn't have done. In this case to reiterate, from OP, the sensical solution would be a missile less 6/3 winged version of F86F35 of 1953-54 time period , and 1956+ version with Aim9 missiles and its avionics, with F40 wing refits.

EDit:

also to add in case you didnt know Belsimtek doesn't exist anymore, they merged directly with ED. So, ED is now responsible F86F, and if they have shown they can revist older modules for texture update and make changes to address historical authenticity in the form of additional A/C versions for appropriate time frame and theater i dont see why the same cant be done for the sabre as a module.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Last edited by Kev2go; 01-20-2019 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #19
Goblin

Yes... Again, I’m not saying you are wrong. Relax, ok?
For all I know they will revisit the Sabre module. Would be great if they did.
Juuuust trying to give you some perspective.

Btw, and please don’t blow a fuse as I’m just making this as a friendly remark.
Your sig needs a spellcheck. It’s Noctua, hard drives and Samsung.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #20
Robert31178

I love a good Kev2go crusade!!!
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote