What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

Wags

What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?  

1875 members have voted

1. 1. What new feature of the Hornet are you most looking forward to?

• Joint Helmet Mounted Cuing System (JHMCS)
    • ATFLIR Targeting Pod
    • HARM
    • Guided Bombs
    • Automatic Carrier Landing System (ACLS)
    • Air to Surface Radar
    • Data Link (MIDS / Link-16 / IFF)
    • A/A Radar TWS/RAID/AZ EL/LTWS
    • Harpoon
    • SLAM / SLAM-ER

I believe that the logic required for this relies on a datalink implementation (no way for AWACS to know what you're locking otherwise), which is currently absent in the F-18.

They can know via the provided radar cursor bullseye reference, I guess.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3502158&postcount=5

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number 1 thing would be the HARM

but apart from that, TWS, Laser Guided Munitions and The Datalink

(l want Laser guided bombs to make waste of targets from 30,000 ft)

Wishlist: F-15E, F-16C, F-4J, F/A-18E, AV-8B II Plus, Su-34

PC: i5 8600k,Gigabyte Ultra durable Z370, Gigabyte Gtx 1070 Windforce, Corsair Vengance 16gb :joystick:

The number 1 thing would be the HARM

but apart from that, TWS, Laser Guided Munitions and The Datalink

(l want Laser guided bombs to make waste of targets from 30,000 ft)

That might be a problem unless you are really close overhead, seems like the laser beam ends at like 10nm from the emitting source, known issue in the harrier

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

That might be a problem unless you are really close overhead, seems like the laser beam ends at like 10nm from the emitting source, known issue in the harrier

Could definitely do it with JDAMs though. Punch in some coordinates and you're pretty much able to drop that thing from any height you want

Could definitely do it with JDAMs though. Punch in some coordinates and you're pretty much able to drop that thing from any height you want

Until it moves.

ATFLIR ATW.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

I know that it is not the most important thing, nor is it the priority, until now I love everything we have. But I'd like to see more scratches and dirt on the Hornet's glass. They did it with the Mirage 2000 and they guessed right. Just have the feeling that there is something that separates the pilot from the rest of the environment. This would help immersion.