After the Tomcat?

carss

I would adore a Tornado - those low-level terrain following, high speed bomb runs... Makes me all excited. I think I'm going to get the F14 with my Christmas money

Agree on all yours above.

More than a season gift, that would be a real godsend. Oh, well, at least one can still dream about it.

With best regards.

F-111

The F-111 would be the first strike aircraft on my wishlist. Tandem seating, supersonic on the deck, terrain following radar, and an immense arsenal of weapons it could deliver. It was the workhorse of the first Persian Gulf War and it's history dates from Vietnam to 2010. A truly incredible deep strike aircraft known as the Pig, but eventually received its nickname of "Aardvark" only after it was retired. Flown by the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, so its a win-win. Australia even used it in the anti-ship role and had a huge range.

Edited by CAmastersgt

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

The F-111 would be the first strike aircraft on my wishlist. Tandem seating, supersonic on the deck, terrain following radar, and an immense arsenal of weapons it could deliver. It was the workhorse of the first Persian Gulf War and it's history dates from Vietnam to 2010. A truly incredible deep strike aircraft known as the Pig, but eventually received its nickname of "Aardvark" only after it was retired. Flown by the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, so its a win-win. Australia even used it in the anti-ship role and had a huge range.

The UK never operated the F-111 :huh:

They have the Tornado instead, which offers pretty much the exact same capabilities as the F-111 (+ SEAD and STOL).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The UK never operated the F-111 :huh:

They have the Tornado instead, which offers pretty much the exact same capabilities as the F-111 (+ SEAD and STOL).

Yeah but with much less in-service history. I'd rather have a SU-24... But thats just me.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It seems heatblur's thing is cool fast 60/70s-introduced jets, DCS: Heatblur MiG-25?

Guess technically the AJS-37 is 90s but still xD

The UK never operated the F-111 :huh: (+ SEAD and STOL).

We actually ordered a few when TSR-2 cancelled, but cancelled this too and went on to co-develop the Tornado. :pilotfly:

Edited by Birko

The flying death..:(

But those who flew it loved it. Most stable and fastest aircraft at really low level...even better than the 105. At altitude and high speed...you could feel it still accelerate past mach 2 not sure if that applies to many aircraft now....ok...didn't have a great turn rate...but it was never designed to be a dog fighter. Still...would be a fun aircraft to add.

You know, doing some research and the thought occurred to me;

de Havilland Sea Vixen

Weird, British, multicrew jet. Carrier-based, only armament were missiles, bombs, and rockets (no internal gun in production models). Somewhat difficult to fly, and the main protagonist in the night glowworm attack, which is the single craziest attack profile I've heard of, non-nuclear edition.

F-111 --- deepstrike/interdiction platform of the cold war - low-level terrain-following-radar - multi-crew - swing-wing - forward-looking-infra-red ...

lots to work with here

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's funny how almost everyone of you spells Tornado wrong.

It's TORNADO not F111, not Mig, not SU, not something else.

Tango

Oscar

Romeo

November

Alpha

Delta

Oscar

:music_whistling::helpsmilie:

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! :)

Edited by VFlip

It's funny how almost everyone of you spells Tornado wrong.

It's TORNADO not F111, not Mig, not SU, not something else.

Tango

Oscar

Romeo

November

Alpha

Delta

Oscar

:music_whistling::helpsmilie:

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! :)

:megalol:

+100 man and merry christmas

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I want a Draken. But I'd be happy with an A-6 too.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

U2.

Then on the DDCS type servers people can choose to fly high altitude missions across the map in patterns so that their "photographic intel" can populate the F10 map with enemy positions. This would add a great dynamic. To see enemy positions someone needs to protect the High altitude flight so their side can continue to make fast precision strikes etc. The enemy would desperately ant that plane shot down ASAP.

It would be akin in importance to the type of work the heli slingers do. Lots of new players have no idea that on DDCS servers if you have no one slinging you have no hope of holding a FARP etc. If no one is Flying Intel missions then no one can see anything on the F10 map.

heatblur just mentioned in a youtube interview posted over the weekend (vCVW-11 -

) that they're doing the A-6 (AI) to flesh out the airwing on the carrier deck - which, seriously guys, that's quite admirable

i would say.. we kinda actually need the A-7 as well

not saying heatblur should be on the hook for that - but ED or some 3rd party dev should see the need for that and take it for action

for the time period that the F-14 covers (especially the -A version)

just sayin...

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd bet it's gonna be the A-6 since they've already been working on the model. I'd blow my load for a tornado too though!

One thing's for certain, regardless of what it is, we can expect it to be amazing when it does release.

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html