Vr hands in pit now works

Sniper175

Are you talking with the Touch controllers?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:thumbup:

Nice find!

It is a little rough around the edges - I checked in the Spit - but certainly works.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So with virtual throttle how would you use slew?

They originally detailed that you wouldnt be able to use the buttons on the HOTAS, just movement of the stick and throttle so I doubt slew will work.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

So with virtual throttle how would you use slew?

the touch controller has two mini stick (Xbox style) and I am guessing the quality is better than the one in the warthog.,

One could map this mini stick to any other device input using SteamVR input map tool or VJoy or whatever (many options)

"Pushes buttons" how? Like you can reach out and punch in stuff on the UFC or something else?

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

"Pushes buttons" how? Like you can reach out and punch in stuff on the UFC or something else?

I did not get a lot of time with it today, but from what I can tell if it is a button that pushes, then it can be pushed with finger.

Don B

Thanks. Looking forward to messing with this later. Seems it would take the same amount of time to grab a controller and it would to grab the mouse. To the best of your knowledge, can this be used in conjunction with a HOTAS or does it only work if you try to fly with the touch controllers? I haven't used controllers with DCS at all yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Thanks. Looking forward to messing with this later. Seems it would take the same amount of time to grab a controller and it would to grab the mouse. To the best of your knowledge, can this be used in conjunction with a HOTAS or does it only work if you try to fly with the touch controllers? I haven't used controllers with DCS at all yet.

It can be used for manipulating buttons in addition to your HOTAS.

Just need to enable the controllers in the VR menu in DCS.

I think it is pretty cool for say doing cold starts. And for planes that have it, I could see using it whilst plane is on auto-pilot.

Don B

It can be used for manipulating buttons in addition to your HOTAS.

Just need to enable the controllers in the VR menu in DCS.

I think it is pretty cool for say doing cold starts. And for planes that have it, I could see using it whilst plane is on auto-pilot.

Excellent. Thank you for the replies. Can't wait to try it out. I'm so clumsy with those controllers though. Only had VR for a couple weeks. More important than ever not to rush a start-up, ha ha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Huh, so I need to go dig out my LeapMotion out of the garage? I haven't seen that thing in years.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

ok so i gave it a whirl tonight

the Vive controllers 'work' natively you can click by brushing the virtual hand against a cockpit instrument etc or go to pointer mode and use that. it was janky and difficult though.

leapmotion:

certainly it isnt native support. You cant just plug in leap and load dcs. The only way i could see to use my leap was to install the old driverleap from github with a new branch/fork from about 7 months ago that seems to work. I was then able to get my hands to exist in DCS however as a useable control option it was not even close to functional. The virtual hands were very skittish and moving around too much and not registering hand movements. I thought this could be useful as a hand reference to my to scale f18 cockpit but because the hands interact with anything they touch, if i'm trying to use real world switches and toggles at the same time i just got a confused mess of inputs. (random ufc buttons getting pressed by my warpy hands)

A useful option in vr settings in dcs might be to show the hands but not allow them to interact. this could be VERY useful for vr users with home cockpit setups.

Thanks for the report. Looks like I don't have to go looking for my leap motion

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi to everyone.

Can someone put a link to a video, to another thread or write how to use the VR hands in cockpit?

I can only move the switch in one direction when I touched it. I can figure out how to move in the opposite direction or rotate knobs. I have a CV1.

Thank you.

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas