** DCS: F-14 Development Update - September!! **

Cobra847

While the countdown page is still up, have to admit I'm kind of confused by their slogan there - "Welcome back, baby". I get that it refers to "Anytime, baby" slogan, but Tomcat was not "the baby" there (IIRC, it was a reference to a duel with the USAF F-15's).

So, shouldn't it be in the form of "I'm back, baby" or "Guess who's back, baby" or "Guess who's coming to dinner, baby"?

Isn't that the plane talking? So it's not the plane being welcomed back, it's welcoming us back to it and we're the 'baby'... oh God, now I'm having flashbacks to my ex's bachelor of arts lectures...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that the plane talking? So it's not the plane being welcomed back, it's welcoming us back to it and we're the 'baby'... oh God, now I'm having flashbacks to my ex's bachelor of arts lectures...

I guess it's the F-14 community talking (as - hate to break it to you like this - planes don't actually talk ;) ), but I see your point.

Still rubs me the wrong way if it is indeed so. They could have come up with something better, IMHO, given how much effort they put in these sideshows.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I guess it's the F-14 community talking (as - hate to break it to you like this - planes don't actually talk ;) ), but I see your point.

Still rubs me the wrong way if it is indeed so. They could have come up with something better, IMHO, given how much effort they put in these sideshows.

Pfft, you sound like my therapist :P

Seriously though, I do see your point - fingers crossed that's the worst thing about this module, yeah?

Edited by Horns
Added response to second comment

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

While the countdown page is still up, have to admit I'm kind of confused by their slogan there - "Welcome back, baby". I get that it refers to "Anytime, baby" slogan, but Tomcat was not the "baby" there (IIRC, it was a response to a challenge to duel with the USAF F-15's).

So, shouldn't it be in the form of "I'm back, baby" or "Guess who's back, baby" or "Guess who's coming to dinner, baby"?

Or it could just be "Welcome back, baby" as in Welcome back f-14 since it is no longer in service and now it's back, all be it in a digital world.

Who knows, not that confusing to be honest if you don't look into it to much.

Edited by WarHawk72

Pfft, you sound like my therapist :P

Seriously though, I do see your point - fingers crossed that's the worst thing about this module, yeah?

Yeah, I'm sure it will be. I just had to get that out of the way first before the big reveal tomorrow.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Thank you to the entire Heatblur Team!!!!!!!!!

From hand placing screws in exact positions to the Kenny Logins nod in the theme music, to me it feels like the crafting of a monument to childhood dreams.

I can't wait to blast off CAT1, pull up to 90 and see how far she goes. I watched a pilot do this in the Persian Gulf. (Fully loaded for camel) After the OOOH's and AAAHHH's from my watch team in the wheel house, OOD piped up...... " DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH FUEL THAT COST HIM?! "

:megalol:

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

So there will be DCS F-14 tommorow?
No, there will likely be an unveiling of the finished product (inside and out), as well as the opportunity to begin pre-orders either now or in the very near future.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

Can't wait for release tomorrow!! (that's what we're expecting, right? Heatblur didn't write "sadly no release yet on 7.10." in the post...)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

No we are not expecting a release. If you expect a release tommorrow you haven't played this long enough.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

It says about the claws being out this winter.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Did I miss a post of Heatblur "sadly no release yet tomorrow" ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I presume that at the very least we will finally get to see a textured Tomcat model and hopefully get a firm release date..

Edited by Dudikoff

Gents, I believe they said they were going to be doing a big reveal on the 7th. Possibly a live stream if I am not mistaken. They said they hoped we were blown away with what we were going to see. NOT a release of the module.

Still, you should be very fired up!!!! I have been waiting for tomorrow since the news dropped. If they actually released the aircraft, I would drop something in my pants.

Do we have anything official? Not that I doubt you, just curious.
Not that I know of. I keep pretty current on Tomcat updates, and I can't remember reading any announcements other than what's coming tomorrow.

I'm clearly speculating, of course, but my gut tells me that, since Ralfidude has obviously had some hands on experience and is probably also in posession of some kind of promotional copy, that the module is extremely close to being ready for distribution, AND it follows that we'll probably be told when pre-orders will be accepted.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.