DCS: UH-1H Videos

wess24m

I wanted to post a preview video for my mission i'm making "Haulin' Trash" but couldn't find an appropriate thread, I don't think it deserved it's own thread because it's just a preview.

So since this is our unsticky (for now) video thread I'll post what I came to post in the non-existent video thread. :D

So this is me testing out triggers for the new mission forgive the sloppy flying (and video, Vegas decided to chew on my video while rendering) was going for speed not grace, also to get a approximate time somebody could show up flying my mission while hitting the triggers at the first drop off point.

While there's a more detailed description on the video page of YouTube, i'll give you a quick rundown.

1-2 hour mission covering 60-80 miles, lots and lots of triggers. You will be you delivering supplies to bases and field units (which might not sound fun, it is, to me at least). I also threw a new dynamic at you, mission weather will be 100 degrees+ (38-43C) as well as real dynamic loading. When you drop something off it will effect the weight of your chopper, if you pick something up it will add to the weight. It will include being unloaded by real troops and not just land and have your stuff magically delivered. Also I read about a script that somebody else is working on that allows dynamic troop insertion and extraction, can be with any Huey not just scripted ones. he's releasing it to the public and when that happens my missions will include it.

In the video i'm pushing the Huey (in mission weather, at beginning mission weight) to the extreme limit of it's performance. If you'd like to try it out get 50% fuel and cargo weight of 500 kilograms plus 100-107 degree weather and fly around. With these kind of conditions your Huey is going to top out around 80-100 knots sustained if you use your energy efficiently.

The mission will be out tomorrow or the next day. enjoy.

great job ;)

ps settings your joystick? curvature, deadzone, saturation?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

The video is blocked for Germany

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

All stock no curves, tmwarthog

% of saturation?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

% of saturation?

100% saturation, no curves, no dead zones. I use it fully linear, for me it's better because it affords me the full range of motion while not having to deal with a curve that sharply increases my control inputs near the edges of travel.

If you watch my video's you can see that it's possible to hover perfectly fine with this setup, it take time, hours of time. Just watch the official pick up videos, it really is that simple to use small adjustments and anticipate the helicopter. It's not something to explain it just takes practise.

I use the force trim quite a bit if you watch the control window and my cyclic.

Hi,

100% saturation, no curves, no dead zones. I use it fully linear, for me it's better because it affords me the full range of motion while not having to deal with a curve that sharply increases my control inputs near the edges of travel.

The same for me! I spent hours of finding the best curves, dead zones and saturations, but finally came to conclusion that no curves, dead zones and 100% saturation work best for me.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

just posted a video in the tutorial section, shows that you don't need curves to hover. The hover is less stable than the videos because 1) I'm not a real Huey pilot 2) I used wind that you'd see during a mission (the official video's have no winds).

• Like 1

just posted a video in the tutorial section, shows that you don't need curves to hover. The hover is less stable than the videos because 1) I'm not a real Huey pilot 2) I used wind that you'd see during a mission (the official video's have no winds).

Thanks wess, I considered this Video as helpful because it helped me :)...that's why I decided to put this one in the Huey Tutorial Collection in the Wiki.

Specificly the Training Videos section / Hover Tutorial Videos

Nice Job :thumbup:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 2 weeks later...

I was that A10 pilot! :P Emphasis on 'was'

was about 375 kts straight into the cockpit

Edited by bojangles_25

"We could come back with hydraulics shot out, half the tail shot off, piece of the wing shot off, we had two engines and could come home with one... She really was a piece of machinery that you could fly into hell and back... And she was designed around that gun from day 1"

Ok...Today I bought the module and I activated it with a quick mission... prior I just mapped my axes... So sitting there on Beslan I "said" to the copilot to start her up... and then... wth... let see what happens :D

this:

e8eSLMQaU38

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least