Help a noob out with touchscreens.

Hello all. Just getting into jets (was mainly flying old war birds) and while I have a hotas that has tons of buttons on it and can map most the important things, it is really hard to remember what is mapped where. I see people have these pictures of touchscreens that show mfds and Icps. How does this work exactly? I would love to have a screen under my main display that has mfds, icon and ded for the f16. I contemplated buying the Thrustmaster mfds but am hesitant because I really would like the mfds and icp all displayed so I can click them on a touchscreen. Plus, I only have two USB ports left open and mfds would use both. Can anyone explain how I can make this happen? Do I just need a touch display monitor? Any recommendations? Is it possible to get touch reactive icp and mfds on a screen so I can stop using the mouse and/or buttons on my joystick?

Thanks

Edited to add: also with a touchscreen I can do more than one aircraft on it can buying specific parts like have seen (I.e. icp that I have seen for sale for f16)

Edited by GR00VYJERRY

Correct (as far as I Know), but I would avoid the HP EliteDisplay E230t. It looked great on paper, but has never given me full touchscreen functionality, and the most helpful input from HP's tech support was to ask me if I was sure it was actually a touchscreen display.

Planar Systems and ASUS both seem to have reasonable options in the same price range ($200-$250).

I was looking at some profiles for Helios. They seem to extract the entire front panel of some planes. Is it possible to just grab the mfds and icp or am only able to take all the controls on the front panel and export them to touchscreen?

Thanks

You can create your own profiles in Helios if you want, the CAPT Zeen ones are just there for those that want the entire thing and don't want to mess around with creating their own. Helios itself comes with some templates but you'll have to do most of the legwork.