Realsimulator F-18CGRH is available for preorder

Everything feels smoother on the RS grip. The finish of the grip beats TM hands down.

I will say that the push buttons that are now hats (pickle, NWS, pinky) stick out a bit more from the grip and that takes a little getting used to.

I’m at work now and can’t answer in more detail than that (sorry).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything feels smoother on the RS grip. The finish of the grip beats TM hands down.

I will say that the push buttons that are now hats (pickle, NWS, pinky) stick out a bit more from the grip and that takes a little getting used to.

I’m at work now and can’t answer in more detail than that (sorry).

:thumbup:

That's Great,Thank You:thumbup:

God Help Me....I ordered The F18CGRH,F16SGRH and a FSSB-R3 Lighting :cry:Hope The Wife Never Figures out How Much $$$$ I Spent!!!

Patrick

mini.gif

I thought I had said it before but let me be clear... I have the F16SGRH CE which has the hand painted finish. The non CE might be a little grainy like the new Hornet grip, but I still have no doubt it’s better than the TM grip.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I thought I had said it before but let me be clear... I have the F16SGRH CE which has the hand painted finish. The non CE might be a little grainy like the new Hornet grip, but I still have no doubt it’s better than the TM grip.

What exactly is the difference in between the F16SGRH and the CE, besides the paint job? The RS homepage says "More features only available in the F16SGRH-CE through the BLE module". This means to me, that the non CE does not have the bluetooth module installed. Is that right, or are there any other differences?

Because this confuses me a bit as the F18CGRH description names the same features as the non CE F16SGRH (except for "true F-16 shape"), plus "Firmware upgradeable through BLE, so you could need a 4.0 or higher BLE dongle if your PC doesn’t have BLE included" wich for the F16 grips only the CE version comes with. So in conclusion, the F18CGRH basically offers the same features as the F16SGRH CE, for the price of the non CE F16 grip. Or did i miss something?

i'm still struggling with preo-ordering the F18CGRH, as i'm very happy with my TM Hornet grip and the missing paddle switch somehow annoys me. But if it is significant lighter (i have no doubts about the higher quality) than the TM grip, the F18CGRH might fit better onto my 35cm extension after swapping the TM base for a Virpil T-50.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

According to the description on their website, the regular F-18 grip appears to come with the BT module which makes it a better buy than the normal F-16 version as BT isn’t included in that one.

Now they said that they will not officially support BT since very few people are using it, but this feature is huge for me as it opens up all kinds of possibilities making the stick usable with any base as long as you could provide power and fixation to the stick. I will confirm and test this once I have the test unit.

One indispensable feature of Realsim sticks for me is the extra binding switches that they come with. For example, you could flip the unique rotary dial to switch among 8 memory slots each of which have can a different sets of bindings including sensitivity settings. Too cumbersome to do that? Then bind frequently used commands to extra switches (most buttons are 5-ways instead of single press). For example, bind F1-F4 for comm use to WPN RL button in RS app—if you bind these in DCS they will only activate as DX not actual key command meaning only works for view switch but not comm. As for the paddle switch, I’m probably going to use NWS up for that function but will also continue to encourage RS for a proper add-on option.

Then there is a new hardware force trim option which is like autopilot mode (not 100% if this will be exclusive to the FSSB base). On activation the stick cursor will stay in hold position instead of returning to the center. This is very handy as autopilot mode for WW2 plane, helicopter, or even the Harrier if you need to bank or pitch beyond 20 degree and hold attitude/altitude.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

FYI, the current preorder price of the F-18 grip is a discounted price and will last until July 8th. Dragon said that the 1st batch is being offered at or below the actual cost, which makes sense to me since its capability is the same as the F-16 collector's edition grip which costs much higher (being bluetooth capable). After the first batch, there will be a price increase. So this first batch is basically equivalent to the collector's edition.

Now wouldn't it be nice to also see an exact F-18 base replica with the paddle switch attached to it? --with pitch and roll control in separate compartments.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

God help me I ordered it.......we need to support companies like RS making these quality products

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

FYI, the current preorder price of the F-18 grip is a discounted price and will last until July 8th. Dragon said that the 1st batch is being offered at or below the actual cost, which makes sense to me since its capability is the same as the F-16 collector's edition grip which costs much higher (being bluetooth capable). After the first batch, there will be a price increase. So this first batch is basically equivalent to the collector's edition.

Now wouldn't it be nice to also see an exact F-18 base replica with the paddle switch attached to it? --with pitch and roll control in separate compartments.

Ok, convinced. Somehow didn't care about the missing paddle switch anymore. Can't wait now. They can count me in for a paddle switch addon, it would be a day one purchase.

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

After replacing all the button with Otto P1, I am going to say, no way my TM grip is better, I love Realsimulator products but in my opinion, they made a very bad choice with the 5-way switchers.

I received my F-16SGRH and FSSB R-3 Lighting base late last week,I’m really impressed!! Although I still need to get into the Bluetooth Program and Axes Adjustments...Right out of the box it works fantastic!!

I thought I would miss the all metal surface of my old TM Warthog grip but The RealSimulator Resin is of Exceptional Quality and the Ergonomics and Grainy feel are Amazing and have a Natural and comfortable grip to them.

03-AEE8-D0-61-B0-4669-9-F10-28047-FF877-C1.jpg

2426-B8-AD-904-B-4022-88-DA-6-E817-BC0-E39-D.jpg

971-CDFD4-3-BB0-40-C9-9975-4-B192-FEAE973.jpg

F6-BED74-C-D8-EA-4568-A609-2-AFC0-E4-AE1-D6.jpg

FE8-D561-B-E599-49-F5-B92-B-C3-EE9-DD89-CF8.jpg

Patrick

mini.gif

The SGRH grip is a better match for the FSSB base. They use aeronautic grade aluminum at the connection part of the grip which makes it more durable. The Warthog grip’s weakest part is at this spot and can break off with repeated use if you keep the lbs settings high on the FSSB.

That castle switch is for the older block F-16, you can buy a more modern one on their website and it is just a simple swap.

My stick isn’t grainy at all, has a bit of shine but not as shiny as the Warthog. They must’ve changed the materials since, mine is the first production model.

Edited by Supmua

Yea...I’m really liking it so far,The Pressure Imputs are very simple to get used to...It’s a Fantastic Grip and bade..I need to get into the manual and videos to get all the Great Features working and get the most out of it...but overall I’m Super Happy and their Customer Service is Awesome as I had a slight problem with my initial purchase.

Patrick

mini.gif

I’m getting the F-18 CGRH (center grip right hand) test unit in 2 days and I can’t wait :)

This may be hard to find in the instruction manual, but if you need to calibrate the center for the F-16 grip it is Trigger 1 + NWS center (not the pinky switch, the side switch you press with the index finger).

Edited by Supmua

@Phantom88

It looks absolutely great, thanks for sharing! I think i'm going to replace my Warthog grip with this one as well, for christmas maybe. Just a question, how is the grip angle compared to the Warthogs? Is it more comfortable than the WH, as they state on their homepage? Oh and btw, did you use sandpaper on your WH? :)

I’m getting the F-18 CGRH (center grip right hand) test unit in 2 days and I can’t wait :)

You lucky! I can't wait as well, but have to for 2 more weeks. Sadly i recieved an email yesterday, that i'm one of only two persons requesting the center mount only version and that they propably won't manufacture this separate version :cry:

@Phantom88

It looks absolutely great, thanks for sharing! I think i'm going to replace my Warthog grip with this one as well, for christmas maybe. Just a question, how is the grip angle compared to the Warthogs? Is it more comfortable than the WH, as they state on their homepage? Oh and btw, did you use sandpaper on your WH? :)

You lucky! I can't wait as well, but have to for 2 more weeks. Sadly i recieved an email yesterday, that i'm one of only two persons requesting the center mount only version and that they propably won't manufacture this separate version :cry:

Haha:) Thanks....I will say it feels very Natural...And since you're using Pressure inputs instead of physically moving a Gimbal I really haven't noticed any problems with the angle other than to say it feels fantastic :) I was mostly concerned about the difference in material....But I'm Super Happy with The Resin they use and Grainy Finnish.

My TMWH Grip is pretty Old,I think I bought The TMWH Hotas system in 2011...The Paint on The side had become pitted and warn,and didn't feel comfortable anymore so Yes,I hit it with some SandPaper to smooth it out...It gives it a very "Warn In" Look too ;)

Patrick

mini.gif

I might be that second person (center mount only version), lol. Well at least I'm getting a test unit to play with at least for awhile.

Haha:) Thanks....I will say it feels very Natural...And since you're using Pressure inputs instead of physically moving a Gimbal I really haven't noticed any problems with the angle other than to say it feels fantastic :) I was mostly concerned about the difference in material....But I'm Super Happy with The Resin they use and Grainy Finnish.

My TMWH Grip is pretty Old,I think I bought The TMWH Hotas system in 2011...The Paint on The side had become pitted and warn,and didn't feel comfortable anymore so Yes,I hit it with some SandPaper to smooth it out...It gives it a very "Warn In" Look too ;)

I'm absolutely stunned by the grip and your pictures. They display the grip much better than on their homepage. What you said is true, i was also concerned about missing the all metal feel of the WH (same for the Hornet grip), but after your post all my concerns are blown away. Especially the surface on the paddle switch looks amazing! I think i would like this version even more than the collectors edition. Would just have to replace my WarBRD base for a FSSB R3 base to get full functionality. Damn, F18CGRH, Reverb G2 pre-ordered, eventually one of NVIDIAs new Ampere gfx cards, T-50 base is on my list and now this... that year is going to end up expensive :music_whistling:

btw. great to hear your WH served you that long!

I might be that second person (center mount only version), lol. Well at least I'm getting a test unit to play with at least for awhile.

Haha, that's great. You propably are, as you pre-ordered before i did (Friday) and they said mine is the second request for a center mount only grip :) Hopefully they got a few more requests for that version. They said that they'll contact me about it as soon as they close pre-orders, fingers crossed.

Edited by VpR81

Heck, I told them I’d only use it in a center mount.

I also told them variable was ok with me ONLY IF locking it allowed absolutely no movement.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

They told me not to be worried about the other version, if the center mount only version wont be manufactured. Locking the variable version will be solid for center mount. Maybe that's why they didn't count you in for a center mount only request?

6452094508b44d8c255b981c2a505382.jpg

e014d8cdf234a5ab6aeae19516d13e7c.jpg

The test unit came in today. Unfortunately, I have a webinar tonight so won’t get to play until later. I’ll post initial impressions this weekend. In the meantime, some pics in comparison to the Thrustmaster grip.

I received my F-16SGRH and FSSB R-3 Lighting base late last week,I’m really impressed!! Although I still need to get into the Bluetooth Program and Axes Adjustments...Right out of the box it works fantastic!!

I thought I would miss the all metal surface of my old TM Warthog grip but The RealSimulator Resin is of Exceptional Quality and the Ergonomics and Grainy feel are Amazing and have a Natural and comfortable grip to them.

03-AEE8-D0-61-B0-4669-9-F10-28047-FF877-C1.jpg

2426-B8-AD-904-B-4022-88-DA-6-E817-BC0-E39-D.jpg

971-CDFD4-3-BB0-40-C9-9975-4-B192-FEAE973.jpg

F6-BED74-C-D8-EA-4568-A609-2-AFC0-E4-AE1-D6.jpg

FE8-D561-B-E599-49-F5-B92-B-C3-EE9-DD89-CF8.jpg

Well dude, you just got them another sale. Ordered mine last night. See what you 'done did':megalol:

Although my Warthog is still in great shape, I've always wanted a high-end F16 stick with force sensors. I'll skip the Hornet grip since I already have the TM version, which I'm quite happy with.

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@redtail :) I think you'll really like it!

@Supmua W O W That L@@KS Amazing!!! Can't wait!!!:thumbup:

I normally like shiny stuff, but the texture on this grip is very nice. I hope they keep this texture in the production units. There are some uneven seams on the side but this probably isn't indicative of the final release.

I was told the weight of this grip is close to the real one, slightly lighter due to use of aeronautic-grade aluminum fixation at the bottom (the real grip uses steel).

How does this grip work on a Virpil base if you don't use BLE? It is said you need BLE to use all the extra stuff not included on TM grips (5-way buttons everywhere, etc...) but do you get at least the TM grip features without extra software?