Realsimulator F-18CGRH is available for preorder

https://realsimulator.com/

Specs are similar to the F-16 version. Bluetooth, it seems, won't be officially supported since not many people use it but they include it anyway (useful if you put it on your own rod or non-Realsim bases such as those from Virpil/Thrustmaster/Brunner). Once I get my own unit I'll put up a review.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this grip work on a Virpil Warbird base? I use a Warthog grip on it now.

It should but you have to be in Bluetooth mode to access all the 64 DX inputs (actually 512 since it has 8 memory slots). I don’t have it so cannot confirm but my F16 grip works that way. I plan to use mine with the WarBRD base also.

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Honest question and no intend on trolling here, but what makes this grip so much better than the Thrustmaster equivalent? Price certainly is a lot higher, so there must be some kind of quality difference.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Honest question and no intend on trolling here, but what makes this grip so much better than the Thrustmaster equivalent? Price certainly is a lot higher, so there must be some kind of quality difference.

Realsimulator normally makes products for military and commercial institutions, and occasionally they would offer home version of these. Keep in mind that these are niche products not meant for the mass. Why do they price it high?

1. Brand Reputation: Self-explanatory. They're also known for making high-end devices and price them as such. Same reason why some rudder pedals would cost $600-700.

2. Quality: Craftsmanship. High density resin material, not cheap plastic. Exact replica of the F-18E grip in outer appearance (although they add 5-way switches to everything).

3. Features: has bluetooth and can function wirelessly without a base with its own gyro sensor. 500+ DX inputs in bluetooth mode or when connected to their FSSB R3L base, so you can bind lots of lots of commands. Can be powered from battery pack or bases that use similar connection to Thrustmaster. All settings are saved in the grip.

4. Limited production: These aren't meant to be mass market devices that come straight out of Chinese factories. If you don't make a lot at a time, the price would stay high.

5. Support: Do you know of any company that would provide 1:1 video call to help fix your problem? They're one of those.

Edited by Supmua

It should but you have to be in Bluetooth mode to access all the 64 DX inputs (actually 512 since it has 8 memory slots). I don’t have it so cannot confirm but my F16 grip works that way. I plan to use mine with the WarBRD base also.

Fantastic....Thank You for Reply!!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

I have the F16SGRH CE and it’s the best grip I’ve ever used. I knew this Hornet grip would be a day 1 order for me.

I’ve been checking their site two or three times a week for this.

Ordered.

Edit: I should add that I use the F-16 grip on both the FSSB R3L for the Viper, and in the T-50CM2 base via Bluetooth for the Warthog. No problems with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

No PayPal issues here. The only issue I had was realizing that I needed to create a new account since they have a new web store. My last order from them was in January.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

No PayPal issues here. The only issue I had was realizing that I needed to create a new account since they have a new web store. My last order from them was in January.

So their Force sensing really works with the F16 properly? That is the biggest issue I have had with the F16 in DCS is the fact that I have to run crazy negative curves with my VKB or Warthog stick to get the plane to respond and not feel like a lazy 747. So this keeps me from flying it at all. The negative curves then cause all sorts of issues with fine adjustment in flight with AAR.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I use no curves at all with my grip and FSSB base. I only use a dead zone of 2 to account for unintentional jitter from muscle twitches.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I’m working on setting up my F16SGRH/T-50CM2 and T-50CM throttle for use in X-Wing and TIE Fighter this weekend.

Seeing the new Squadrons trailer inspired me to break these out again. It’ll give me something to do until my Monstertech rig comes.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

So their Force sensing really works with the F16 properly? That is the biggest issue I have had with the F16 in DCS is the fact that I have to run crazy negative curves with my VKB or Warthog stick to get the plane to respond and not feel like a lazy 747. So this keeps me from flying it at all. The negative curves then cause all sorts of issues with fine adjustment in flight with AAR.

The FSSB R3L is an electronic base, it is not limited by traditional cams and springs whose sizes are fixed and can be a pain to swap and even then might not give the feel that you want. You can customize the force sensitivity by changing the values in the software (and much more, including more sophisticated functions such as roll assist, directional angle, etc).

Plane not responsive enough? You can easily reduce the force sensitivity setting to change that. Just dial in any number you want, even in decimal points. You can also make the F-16C behave like a paper plan, just one light touch would flip the plane right away. Of course this isn’t realistic, but it is something that can be done.

I’m working in setting up my F16SGRH/T-50CM2 and T-50CM throttle for use in X-Wing and TIE Fighter this weekend.

Seeing the new Squadrons trailer inspired me to break these out again. It’ll give me something to do until my Monstertech rig comes.

Oh yeah I can’t wait to play that one, especially in VR.

The FSSB R3L is an electronic base, it is not limited by traditional cams and springs whose sizes are fixed and can be a pain to swap and even then might not give the feel that you want. You can customize the force sensitivity by changing the values in the software (and much more, including more sophisticated functions such as roll assist, directional angle, etc).

Plane not responsive enough? You can easily reduce the force sensitivity setting to change that. Just dial in any number you want, even in decimal points. You can also make the F-16C behave like a paper plan, just one light touch would flip the plane right away. Of course this isn’t realistic, but it is something that can be done.

Well I think I am going to have to get one just for the Viper since I love the plane but have ended up sticking with the Hornet and F14 since they do not feel lazy and I do not have to use any curves or deadzones with my VKB stick.

I just found a video of the R3 and how much it actually moves and that seems pretty realistic and will add a lot to flying the F16.

I think I will just get the standard F16 grip since it is available it looks like.

I can see the one issue will be knowing the limits just like with new F16 pilots and how much pressure you need to apply for full deflection and getting max G etc. I have heard several F16 pilots say they basically end up going out there and just try to rip the stick off to be sure they get max performance.lol

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Not an issue with the R3L base. It both lights up and beeps to let you know both when you’re approaching max force, and when you reach it.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Actually, if your F-16C rolls like a turd rather than using negative curve it is better to decrease the X saturation to something like 75% (steepen the slope). This can change the behavior significantly. Same concept applies to the pitch, but I find the pitch responsiveness is fine the way it is at least on my WarBRD base. You might not even need a Realsim base, unless you want to play with force sensing mechanics.

With the Harrier and Hornet on my setup, it is the opposite. Since I use an extension tube with it, which is not recommended by Virpil, the control is a bit loose especially with a heavy Thrustmaster grip on it. Reducing the Y saturation on pitch and roll to 80% (flatten the slope) gives me tighter control. The long throw of the stick helps tremendously with hovering, VTOL, etc. compared to doing it without extension. I barely need to trim since I can just hold the stick in place without applying much force.

Edited by Supmua

Really want to order one, as I want to support the company, such great guys and fantastic service.....however, I already have the TM version and a spare from my Winwing throttle....hmmmm....

Would to sell the other 2.......do you think they would go easy?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I use no curves at all with my grip and FSSB base. I only use a dead zone of 2 to account for unintentional jitter from muscle twitches.

For that, you should use FSSB's 'break force' option instead, it is similar to a dead zone but far better.

I’ll take a look at that, thanks.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

I might be getting a test unit soon *fingers crossed*.