DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: How shoiuld the Autopilot Altitude and Heading/Track Switches be mapped on the RMFD?
Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples) 0 0%
Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches) 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #71
taaaki

I'm not sure if I've missed some instruction from the manual or not, but I'm having an issue with the FC3 profile. I have the Cougar HOTAS without the MFDs. When I open the comms menu using BTN T2, it seems to remap the HAT 4 (CMS) and HAT 2 (TMS) hats to function keys (e.g. F10 instead of Target Lock if I recall correctly). Is this intended behaviour or did I muck something up?
taaaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #72
Home Fries

That is the intended behavior for as long as you hold down T2. The idea is that while you are in the communications menu, you can use Hats 2-4 for F1-F12 (starting at the top and going clockwise), letting you navigate the menu without leaving your HOTAS.

I call the routine CommState, and there is a section in the reference about it. It can also be disabled if you prefer to use the keyboard; the Installation Guide provides direction in that regard.

Hope this helps.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Provide your inputs for CTS 3.0
My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 PM   #73
sobe

Please get a Warthog HOTAS.
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:25 AM   #74
taaaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Fries View Post
That is the intended behavior for as long as you hold down T2. The idea is that while you are in the communications menu, you can use Hats 2-4 for F1-F12 (starting at the top and going clockwise), letting you navigate the menu without leaving your HOTAS.

I call the routine CommState, and there is a section in the reference about it. It can also be disabled if you prefer to use the keyboard; the Installation Guide provides direction in that regard.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. That makes more sense to me now. However, I think the issue I was having was that the mapping stayed even after releasing T2. But I will read up on the relevant sections and then retest in-game to confirm whether or not my issue persists.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #75
taaaki

I did a bit more testing and confirmed that the 3 hats are not returned to their original mappings when T2 is released. I should probably also have mentioned that I have Aries_Radio set to 0 since I'm not using TS3 or TARS/Aries (and VAC is 0 as well). With Aries_Radio set to 1, the CommState seems to work as intended with the hats being restored correctly.

Then had a look at FC3_CommState_Init() in DCS_FC3.tmc and when Aries is disabled, I don't see any MapKeyR* that executes CommState_Off(CommStateAllow);, whereas with Aries enabled, T2_RO / MapKeyR does include such a statement.

I went ahead and modified line 542 from:
Quote:
T2_RI = EXEC("Lights_RLED1(0);");
to:
Quote:
T2_RI = CHAIN(EXEC("Lights_RLED1(0);"), EXEC("CommState_Off(CommStateAllow);"));
but I'm not sure if this will have any unforeseen side-effects?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #76
Home Fries

Thanks for the troubleshooting; this might have been an oversight on my part and a bug that got through testing (I use with Aries set to 1 and can't test every possible combination). I'll investigate and put the fix into 1.32.

Off the top of my head, Setting CommState_Off() shouldn't have any adverse side effects. However, I do know that I use a FC3 specific CommState routine, so I'll double check to make sure.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 01-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #77
Home Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaaki View Post
I did a bit more testing and confirmed that the 3 hats are not returned to their original mappings when T2 is released. I should probably also have mentioned that I have Aries_Radio set to 0 since I'm not using TS3 or TARS/Aries (and VAC is 0 as well). With Aries_Radio set to 1, the CommState seems to work as intended with the hats being restored correctly.

Then had a look at FC3_CommState_Init() in DCS_FC3.tmc and when Aries is disabled, I don't see any MapKeyR* that executes CommState_Off(CommStateAllow);, whereas with Aries enabled, T2_RO / MapKeyR does include such a statement.

I went ahead and modified line 542 from:

to:

but I'm not sure if this will have any unforeseen side-effects?
Upon further review, lines 542-543 should read the following:
Code:
T2_RI    =    EXEC("CommState_Off(CommStateAllow, MFD_Var);");
T2_RO    =    EXEC("if(!FkeyPress) ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+CommMenu);CommState_Off(CommStateAllow, MFD_Var);");
Thanks for the catch; this is updated for 1.32.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 01-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #78
taaaki

Awesome. I will update my local 1.31a copy in the meanwhile. Thanks
Old 01-30-2015, 07:00 PM   #79
Home Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
Please get a Warthog HOTAS.
I've added the following to my initial post:

Quote:
Donate for a Warthog Profile
I would very much like to start a version 2.0 of this script that can utilize both the Cougar and Warthog, either exclusively or at the same time! For example, Imagine being able to use your Cougar throttle for the UH-1H collective while using your Warthog stick as the controller, then switching to the Warthog throttle for the A-10C with only the press of a button. This is possible with TARGET, but I require a Warthog in order to properly program and test the script. Please donate using the hyperlink above; all donations will go toward purchasing a Warthog HOTAS.

Once I receive enough funding to purchase a Warthog, I will take this link down and request that all further donations go to the Wounded Warrior Project. Thank you for reading.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 01-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #80
sobe

Will there be a standalone set of Warthog profiles?
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, hotas, mfd, thrustmaster, warthog