DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: How shoiuld the Autopilot Altitude and Heading/Track Switches be mapped on the RMFD?
Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples) 0 0%
Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches) 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #41
Ogami Musashi

Thank you very much. I'll try to do that and if not working then i'll wait for the release of you profile for 1.28 (can't play that much for now anyway )
Ogami Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #42
Malakie

How do we get these files? Photo bucket links not working for me..
Malakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #43
Home Fries

The links at the very top of the original post are for the profile. Higher quality JPGs are included in the download, and the diagrams are also in the User Manual.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Provide your inputs for CTS 3.0
My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #44
Home Fries

Version 1.20 of the script is released for DCS World 1.2.8

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 05-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #45
zeke1970

Hi Home Fries.
I use V1.20. In the air,I pushed BTN S1,but can`t cycle weapon.
Please show me how to fix this.
zeke1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:10 AM   #46
Home Fries

Hi Zeke,

I'm assuming you are using the FC3 profile in my script when you attempt this; if this assumption is incorrect, please let me know which aircraft profile you are having trouble with.

Now this is a lengthy, but necessary description. Please bear with me.

Because the FC3 profile uses the same profile for a diverse amount of aircraft (and diverse keystrokes with no clickable cockpit functions), I had to shoehorn everything into the profile using the dogfight switch (U/M/D), TEMPO commands, and even then with the new F-15C I had to add functionality to the stick for nosewheel steering. The only way to do it without sacrificing functionality is to make it dependent on the profile's "Gear State", or whether the profile thinks that the gear is extended or retracted. Note: I refer to "Gear State" as the state of the gear in the profile itself (as opposed to just "Gear" for the landing gear position in-game).

Your gear state can be seen with the second (right) LED on the Left MFD. If the LED is lit, the Gear State is down (extended), if the LED is off, the Gear Gtate is up (retracted). You change the gear state can be cycled by holding S3+H3U Long or S3+H3D Long (for gear up or gear down respectively). If your profile is out of sync with your actual gear (i.e. you give the command to raise the gear while the plane is on the ground, so the gear in the game is still extended while your profile thinks the gear is up), you can either to the other gear command (i.e. gear down in this case) or hold S3+T6 long to toggle the Gear State without sending the command to DCS. Takeaway: make sure you use the HOTAS commands to cycle your gear (don't use "g" on the keyboard) so that the profile is in sync with the game.

The other part to make it work is that the dogfight must be in the middle position to cycle the gear, as well as do most "normal" operations. When the dogfight switch is in the middle position and Gear State up, S1 short will cycle weapons and S1 long will enable midair refueling. With Gear State up and the dogfight switch in up or down positions (one of the weapons modes), S1 will cycle weapons without regard to TEMPO. With Gear State down, holding S1 will enable nosewheel steering on the F-15C regardless of dogfight switch position.

Bottom Line: make sure your Gear State is up in order to cycle weapons with S1.

Hope this helps.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Last edited by Home Fries; 05-27-2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: corrected S1 /M assignment explanation
Old 05-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #47
zeke1970

Thank you!
Yes. I'm using FC3 profile. F-15C.
Sorry my poor description.

And thanks for reply. I understand very well.
zeke1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:04 AM   #48
Home Fries

Version 1.24 is released.

Change Log:
  • Enhanced Analog Airbrake routine (H/T Nicu) for FC3 (F-15C), DX, and A-10C profiles
  • FC3: Added Fuel Tank Selector and T/O trim to RMFD for F-15C
  • FC3: Updated S3+T1 Long to jettison fuel tanks regardless of dogfight switch position
  • FC3: Added relative microstick axes to dummy axes for Su-25T
  • UH-1: Set Snapviews to shifted H3R/L only (deconflicts with trim)
  • UH-1: Added context sensitive T1/T6 mapping and H1 searchlight
  • UH-1: Swapped mapping of searchlight and landing light
  • UH-1: Replaced RMFD RADALT and CDI OBS functions with electrical panel and radio functions
  • P-51D: Restored X/Y axes to joystick diff.lua file
  • A-10C: Reorganized most of MFD additional (shifted) functions. Added parking brake (T10)

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 06-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #49
Ogami Musashi

Hello,

I tried your 124 vesrion but i'm having a problem.

I followed the instructions and the final step was to run the DCSworld.tmc script while loading kb and joystick profiles after having defined the modifications.
However despite having the DCSwold.tmc running i get red color on commands with modifiers 30/31.

Any idea?

PS.: on a side note while DCSworld.tmc compiles just fine, the other ones return "Runtime Error: Symbol not found: main".
Old 06-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #50
Home Fries

You may need to add the modifiers manually for the red lines to go out. Then after that, the red lines should be an indicator that the profile is not loaded.

As for the "issue" about running the other files, that's just how TARGET works. It looks for the routine called "main". All other files and routines are subroutines called by main. You can compile them individually, but can only run the master file.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Tags
cougar, hotas, mfd, thrustmaster, warthog