DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: How shoiuld the Autopilot Altitude and Heading/Track Switches be mapped on the RMFD?
Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples) 0 0%
Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches) 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #101
Home Fries

I didn't even think of that, but you definitely want to take CPP out of emulation mode before running TARGET. TARGET works on top of the CPP on a software layer, so it will use whatever inputs CPP/Foxy gives it.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Provide your inputs for CTS 3.0
My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:08 AM   #102
Hellfire

yes I have always turned off emulation I was wondering if maybe the axes would still have residual effect of some sort even after emulation off. If so i'm not sure what the most efficient way of doing that is. I don't want to have to reflash the stick. Know an easy way to do this?
Hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:49 AM   #103
Home Fries

You shouldn't need to flash the stick. As long as you deselect emulation you should have all DX axes and buttons (just the way TARGET likes it).

If you still have trouble after disabling emulation, test your microstick in CPP. You'll need to stop the TARGET profile to use CPP, but that's normal. Please let me know how it turns out.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 06-17-2015, 08:02 AM   #104
h.kan

I like the brilliance of Your concept and I certinly will use it but I´m not shure where to put all the different files. I have read the manuals and some I have sorted out but my eyes are to old it seems to find the missing information. I always used Foxy so Target is new to me.
I really would appreciate a small list.
h.kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #105
Home Fries

Thanks for the compliments, h.kan.

I'm sure my manuals, though thorough, are daunting for people new to TARGET and I'll put this information in a readme file for the next verion (along with any other suggestions you might have).

Here's what goes where:

"DCS World.tmc" and the folders "Common" and "DCS" - these go in a folder where you choose to store your TARGET profiles. They do not need to be located in the c:\program files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET folder (and probably shouldn't be); I actually keep mine in a separate folder synced to a personal cloud, allowing for backup and version control, but you could put them in your Documents\TARGET Profiles folder and it would work just fine. As long as DCS and Common are co-located with DCS World.tmc, the profile will work.

JPG - This is just a folder of full size mapping reference graphics and MFD inserts. This can go anywhere, but I just keep it with DCS World.tmc, DCS, and Common.

The folders with underscores require placement in DCS World:

_for Saved Games_DCS - these should be put in your Saved Games\DCS folder (likely c:\users\<your user name>\Saved Games\DCS).
\TARGET LUA Profiles - these the DCS diff.lua files used to map your Thrustmaster Combined controller once the TARGET profile is loaded. You do this through the DCS Options menu and point to these files to load the controller configuration.
\Custom SnapViews - this is a collection of zipped "SnapViews.lua" files, the version of your choice which goes into Saved Games\DCS\Config\View folder. If you're not sure which one to use, select "SnapViews Classic Default". Explanations of the files can be found in the Installation guide (I prefer "Classic Boresight" myself).

_Custom LUAs for DCS World Main Install - these are optional, but recommended changes to the default configuration lua files for these aircraft. They add analog axes to the Huey and NVGs to the F-86 and some of the FC3 aircraft. These files need to be placed in the DCS World main installation folder (e.g. C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World), and are based on which modules you have (e.g. if you have the FC3 standalone modules, use those, if you have FC3 as a whole module, use that one). I highly recommend setting them up as a JSGME mod so that you don't need to re-copy them after every update of DCS World. Instructions on setting up JSGME can be found in Appendix A of the Installation Guide.

EDIT: One last thing: there is no shortcut around the first part of the Installation Guide. Be sure to read pages 6-9 so that you can properly configure your rudder and brakes in DCS World.tmc, and then read page 11 for TrackIR settings (sorry, the TrackIR section head got pulled into the regular text, so just start with the second paragraph) and the top of page 15 if you use the _Custom LUAs for DCS World Main Install. The other options are based on your preferences and can be adjusted when you get more comfortable with the profile. Finally, don't miss the section on updating DCS World from the Options menu, which starts at page 32.

Also, be sure to read the User Reference, and in particular the sections for which you have modules.

Hope this helps; please ask any other questions, as this can only help my communication in the future.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Last edited by Home Fries; 06-17-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #106
h.kan

Thanks a lot. Check your conto.
h.kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:43 AM   #107
Hellfire

I found it. The check box "apply enable/disable windows axes state" in CCP needed to be checked.
Hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:55 AM   #108
Home Fries

Thanks. Good to know; I'll add that to the Installation Guide.

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide
Old 07-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #109
Home Fries

The 1.35a hotfix is released. This fixes bugs with the FC3/Su-25T Kneeboard mapping.

EDIT: if you downloaded the file named "TARGET F-15C v135a.7z", please redownload the hotfix. It should read "TARGET FC3 v135a.7z".

My DCS Files and Skins
F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Last edited by Home Fries; 07-02-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-03-2015, 07:24 PM   #110
Ssnake51

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.
Been away from simming for a while and unfortunately no longer have my Cougar setup, but have a new Warthog on the way. Hope you can do the same work for it.
Just donated a little bit to help you get started on the Warthog.
Again, thanks!
Ssnake51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, hotas, mfd, thrustmaster, warthog