*MULTIPLAYER* Logbook...The wait is FINALLY over! (release)

Ebs

Nice find, I have a "." in my name as well. I'll be following this thread with interest.

The only way around it is to make a alternate change to your ingame name..the " . " is part of the coding system..and can not be removed/replaced ...:music_whistling:

And your welcome

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way around it is to make a alternate change to your ingame name..the " . " is part of the coding system..and can not be removed/replaced ...:music_whistling:

And your welcome

What? How does the singleplayer logbook work with the same name then?

You would have to change both the in-game name and the Multiplayer name to non-periods. When you hit Multiplayer, go to Options and that's where you set it there.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Wow! this thread saw a few replies today, thanks guys!

I saw the discussion regarding the "." character in a callsign. After further testing I can confirm that the "." makes no difference whatsoever! "104th.Taproot" will work just as well with the "." as without.

Here's the thing, the logbook needs events to update the stats...simply joining a server in airstart and flying around for 5 minutes doesn't give the logbook enough info to update. One of the required events is taking off...this hooks an event. In my testing I set up an airstart mission...joined the mission, fired a burst from the GAU and flew for a minute or so...this firing a weapon also hooks an 'event'...btw, this is all true for Singleplayer too. you probably just weren't looking for it! :)

Install the mod and don't think about it!...just join a server and fly as normal...take off, kill some stuff then exit and check your logbook. The only thing you'll have a problem with is if the debriefing screen doesn't show your Callsign...then the stats won't log...but that's fixed in the new BETA too ;)

Btw...

And your welcome

This isn't true. "." is no more recognized by 'the coding system' as the letter "E", especially when it's declared as part of a string. if it was part of a number then that'd be a different story...Even reserved symbols can be a part of a string if we use escape characters.... :music_whistling:

And your welcome. ;)

• Like 1

What? How does the singleplayer logbook work with the same name then?

+1

btw, I've had quite a few emails from people offering to help with the BETA version. Thanks very much guys! all being well I'll release it properly after 1.2.3 comes out...depending on when that is! :D

One thing I haven't tested is Combined Arms. it's the only module I don't own...so I'd appreciate some feedback about that too.

Once again, just remember to give the sim some events to update your logbook with and all will be well.

Cheers.

One of the mistakes I made on first pass was to change the initiator field. It's supposed to be Iinitiator. Two I's at the start of word.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

One of the mistakes I made on first pass was to change the initiator field. It's supposed to be Iinitiator. Two I's at the start of word.

I downloaded the zip in the OP, backed up all the files they replace, opened up the new me_debriefing.lua and changed line 303 from iInitiator = "Eds" to iInitiator = "Magic" in notepad, saved and attempted to fire up single player. Multiplayer will load up fine but for SP the patcher runs and SP never comes up.

So is "Magic" the callsign name in your logbook for single player? Not sure what else could be wrong.

Steve (Slick)

So is "Magic" the callsign name in your logbook for single player? Not sure what else could be wrong.

Yeah, its my call-sign for sp and mp. I wonder if I should change the SP one to Magic1 and try it since I don't really care right now about logging SP flight time. Really I just use SP to practice different load-outs or flying in a mission I made to do controlled learning/test things.

Edit: I tried changing both my single player logbook "name" and "callsign" to Magic1 thinking it was conflicting, but none of that works either.

Edited by Magic
Tested stuff

Wow! this thread saw a few replies today, thanks guys!

The only thing you'll have a problem with is if the debriefing screen doesn't show your Callsign...then the stats won't log...but that's fixed in the new BETA too ;)

This is my problem.

MP send

AMDPhenom II x6 1100t 3.3, 8GB DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GTX260 x2,Win7 x64, track ir 5, saitek x65/rudder, MFD´s. G13.

Un MUNDO para gobernarlos a todos, un MUNDO para encontrarlos, un MUNDO para atraerlos a todos y atarlos en las tinieblas.

yea doesnt work for me either no dispaly of names in MP there invisable.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

which btw is line 303 in np++

thanks lots to Ebs

thank you had dard time trying to find

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Btw ctrl+f is a very handy shortcut to know. Is it working now Mastiff?

I dont see a Multiplayer line in the UI?

I tried to make aJSGME folder and not sure what happen but no go still

Thanks EBS, now it works perfectly.

AMDPhenom II x6 1100t 3.3, 8GB DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GTX260 x2,Win7 x64, track ir 5, saitek x65/rudder, MFD´s. G13.

Un MUNDO para gobernarlos a todos, un MUNDO para encontrarlos, un MUNDO para atraerlos a todos y atarlos en las tinieblas.

I cant get this to work. Do you read the "initiatorPilotName" or callsign from the log?

My last testlog:

events = 
{
[1] = 
{
 type = "mission start",
 t = 34129.701,
}, -- end of [1]
[2] = 
{
 type = "took control",
 t = 34129.701,
}, -- end of [2]
[3] = 
{
 type = "eject",
 initiatorPilotName = "138th.Jack",
 initiator = "Su-25T #1.1",
 initiatorID = 16777986,
 t = 34158.39,
}, -- end of [3]
[4] = 
{
 type = "mission end",
 t = 34172.026,
}, -- end of [4]
} -- end of events
result = 0
callsign = "New callsign"

alls I get is pilot#13 when I look at the brieffing

Yes I got that to when I created a new player logbook and changed my MP callsign. The original player logbook is of a "Norwegian" pilot and that may be a problem also. And all my MP flight logs is on "New callsign". I think that must be a bug in the log as it does not change no matter what name I create in MP options.