Thrustmaster out of microsticks

Emailed Thrustmaster support asking about a microstick for the Cougar.

Thank you for contacting Thrustmaster Tech support

We have checked our stock on the Microswitch you wish to purchase, however, we are completely out of these switches. We do not know if they will restock them.

Thank you

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Nancy

http://support.thrustmaster.com

Looks like we need to start sourcing new parts if Thrustmaster are no longer stocking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They do not have the little screws for the brake iirc hat to attach it to the pedal either I asked for the size so I could order the correct screws but haven’t heard back. Sorry but i thought it would be applicable here try contacting Rel4y he has modded several Thrustmaster products along with others he might be able to point you in the correct direction. I replaced the slew on my wh throttle and that guy might also know of a source for the micro stick.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

They do not have the little screws for the brake iirc hat to attach it to the pedal either I asked for the size so I could order the correct screws but haven’t heard back. Sorry but i thought it would be applicable here try contacting Rel4y he has modded several Thrustmaster products along with others he might be able to point you in the correct direction. I replaced the slew on my wh throttle and that guy might also know of a source for the micro stick.

I did inquire with him and another person, but neither of them are aware of anyone who has something like that.

Emailed Thrustmaster support asking about a microstick for the Cougar.

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Nancy

http://support.thrustmaster.com

The support for the US and for Europe uses different parts warehouses, the one I got my microstick one year ago had this e-mail:

thrustmaster-english@guillemotsupport.com

Perhaps you could give it a try, the part number of the Microstick is:

TM #6000198, description "Double Pot 252A104B60NB (microstick)"

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The support for the US and for Europe uses different parts warehouses, the one I got my microstick one year ago had this e-mail:

thrustmaster-english@guillemotsupport.com

Perhaps you could give it a try, the part number of the Microstick is:

TM #6000198, description "Double Pot 252A104B60NB (microstick)"

Best regards,

Eduardo

Can't hurt to try - thanks Eduardo. :)

I purchased mine on september 2018, so it cant hurt to try to contact Guillemot.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Reddog used to have them pre-soldered on a new PCB. It's also possible to unsolder the microstick from the PCB, get a new general PS controller microstick, pull the pots from that replace the cougar MS pots with those and resolder the original MS with the new pots on the PCB.

Reddog used to have them pre-soldered on a new PCB. It's also possible to unsolder the microstick from the PCB, get a new general PS controller microstick, pull the pots from that replace the cougar MS pots with those and resolder the original MS with the new pots on the PCB.

Any way to get in contact with Reddog?

My response from Thrustmaster...

Thank you for contacting Thrustmaster Technical Support!

To be able to help you with your request, please see the link below and tell us exactly what part you are looking for.

http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/

Please note that, as this device is now obsolete, our stock for replacement "Microstick without board and without cap"/ 6000198 ; than this part is no longer available. You can check the website below for a suitable replacement:

this site for compatible component :

https://www.components-shop.com/fr/p...A104B60NB.html

We rest at your disposal!

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Dinu

I'm in the same boat DataHawk. I refurbished my whole throttle (new ant, elev, and hal sensor, plus tubsa for direct usb usage without stick). I tried to get a replacement microstick and went a few rounds with their customer service to ultimately get the "no go" result.

Here's my thread on it: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246261

Net net, I ordered a few microsticks, but they didnt match the hat/cursor, and they do not use the board, so no way I could see to get it to "stay" in the proper slot/alignment.

While Debolestis could probably make a new hat/cursor, I have no idea what to do about the board/connectors.

I'm barely adequate with soldering wires onto the switches, so I'm hoping someone comes up with a ready-made solution :-)

So happens about 4 years ago I anticipated that TM would stop supplying microsticks and bought 10 of them from the manufacturer CTS. I am not sure if CTS still makes them. I have provided them to fellow simmers over the years but I have 2 left. I will sell them at a very reasonable cost plus S&H. I am in VA USA. PM me.

Yeah, but hopefully they may have purchased enough that there's some surviving stock left that I could purchase.

I think that a more realistic alternative is some Cougar user get a ALPS RKJXV1224005 micro-stick (used in "slew" mod for Warthog), and if need 3D Print a support for this new micro-stick.

I have not officially announced it yet, but I have been working on a replacement sensor for the cougar throttle over the last few months (using the same senor from my warthog upgrade on a new PCB)

Hopefully it will be ready in the next few months :)

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

I have not officially announced it yet, but I have been working on a replacement sensor for the cougar throttle over the last few months (using the same senor from my warthog upgrade on a new PCB)

Glad to hear to it! :)

I don't have a cougar any more, but I'm very much enjoying the upgraded Slew on my Warthog!

Highly recomended!

This is to replace the microstick with push button, correct? When you say sensor, I think the axis pots for the throttle.

If so, count me very interested!

Ugh!

Well my Throttle just seems doomed. :surrender:

The microstick is just cursed. :disgust:

I got the last remaining spare in the universe from Habu_69 (thanks again!), brought it to a electronic shop to desolder and replace last week. Expected to pick it up and re-assemble cougar that day..

then I get a phone call... They had their iron on too high and burnt out the PCB board! :mad::mad::mad: :furious:furious.giffurious.gif

Fast forward another week, and I get a call that they have repaired/retraced all the burned lines on the board.

I reinstall/reassemble.. plug in... and go to calibrate... same poor results (probably exact same) as before. :confused:

The Y and X axis are somewhat registering in TUSBA software, but only the X axis Forward is showing in Joy.cpl correctly. Center is off, Y axis no movement in Joy.cpl. The button depress is fine.

Between the replaced Ant control, Elevation control, HAL throttle sensor, TUSBA R2, and Microstick + labor, I'm probably $250 into getting this thing refurbished.

I guess the nostalgia is wearing off due to the time and frustration. :mad:

Attached are five pictures of what the TUSBA reads vs joy.cpl as an example in case someone runs into this in the future too. I drew little Red arrow to indicate what each app is registering.

Maybe its the main board, maybe its some wire issue, I'm at a loss.

AtRestCentered.thumb.png.4b09bd2c45469f1b63fc993d2e03b665.png

CursorX_forward.thumb.png.48a920bf4d6f5c489e550fca71ae1c71.png

CursorX_backward.thumb.png.31a58448f87705ac26bc4bde32166ca8.png

CursorY_forward.thumb.png.0d46b2aeb2d4ea422ed1fa548643b041.png

CursorY_backward.thumb.png.92f3e82ad0aede16bc456c619d79692c.png

• 5 months later...