RIO wing sweep bug temporary fix (wings in oversweep by default)

mattag08

I've been aware of this bug since day 1, but the Supercarrier has made it even more dangerous and annoying. Because any multiplayer client can report a collision to any other client, the RIOs who occupy the slot of an aircraft on the carrier deck cause anything within the wingspan of the F-14 to instantly be hit and destroyed.

Additionally, with the new supercarrier spawns and spawn protection any time a RIO is in a seat the pilot must cycle the wings or he is blocking all of the spawns around him due to the RIO's client reporting the wings out (which I assume is a hitbox related check).

This would all be solved easily if the default wing position the RIO sees is the wings swept fully aft in oversweep upon joining into the cockpit. The sync could occur as normal when the wings move as always, but this isn't as important of a problem in the air because:

1. The wings will almost always move shortly after the RIO is in the seat since wingsweep is constantly changing.

2. The RIO seeing the wings swept temporarily doesn't matter for any practical purpose and would rarely be noticed.

3. The RIO seeing the wings swept is actually less dangerous even in the air during formation flying.

From my experience in MP, most of the time RIOs are going to be joining their pilot on the ground or carrier before a sortie anyway and the wings are in oversweep by default from a cold start or hot parking start. So the RIO would actually see the correct indication in *more* cases than before.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

The wings have to actually move, so you have to have hydraulic and electric power.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

• 1 month later...