Parking spaces for medium sized aircraft

Pikey

Similar to the "too few parking slots" thread but different.

The issue is for all the islands and many other airports too, you simply can't get something like a C-130 to start from parking because the parking slots are only set for fighter sized aircraft.

Some of these airbases are quite large, but even so, a C-130 Herc doesn't need big airbases to land and take off from, but DCS NEEDS a relevant parking size before it will allow aircraft to take off or land and go to parking.

It's an immersion killer having aircraft despawn on runway or spawn on the runway hot, especially if you are running scripts to setup a shuttle service of cargo supply.

Frankly the airports on the island like Tunb are useless for what they were intended, which would be for supply aircraft and civilian, rather than what works, which are fighters.

I would propose that the parking slots are checked for C-130 and other supply plane sizes and increased in capacity so you can use Herc's at these airports. You aren't going to see fighters deployed at the islands, they would be too vulnerable to forward deploy. These places are for short stops and should handle transport planes.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

+1

Can't even set an IL-76 to 'start-up from ramp' at Bandar Abbass :(

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

• 1 year later...

It's been over a year since this issue was raised, but it's still a problem.

It's impossible to spawn medium sized aircraft at any Iranian airfields except Shiraz and Kerman, even though there are several others that are large enough to accommodate such aircraft.

You can fake it by placing them as static objects, but then you can't get a JTAC to lase them because they'll only lase non-static objects.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To be honest a 'start from ground' option for all aircraft would probably solve all parking issues at airfield currents, apart from maybe when they land and taxi to parking.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 5 months later...

2 years now, so is this a no?

Really annoying that a simple C-130 cant operate in all of the southern Iran, and only from Shiraz and Kerman. A C-130, capable of operating from unprepared short runways.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 6 months later...