Possibility (and impossibility) to create target points and markpoints ?

flo57100

Hello there !

After the discovery of JDAMS (thank you Razbam for those weapons :thumbup:), I tried to:

- Find something to spot/kill with TPOD

- Hold stick increment waypoint button for more than 1 second.

I saw that I have menus appearing on the ODU leaving me the possibility to create waypoint/markpoints/targetpoints where I am currently looking at, and I have 0 appearing on the UFC screen, probably to give a number to this point (as I would do to create a waypoint via EHSD data page).

But when I try to assign a number to it, nothing is created, no waypoint, markpoint nor targetpoint (no jdam loaded for this trial).

Do I do something wrong, or is this part of navigation system is still missing ? If it is the case, please RAZBAM, give us the possibility to create custom points with the TPOD, we all know you can do it and we are all counting on you :thumbup:

Edited by flo57100

I don't know that this system is implemented yet. I haven't heard anything about it. But doesn't WYPT increment create a target point at that location using WYPT 0, which can be cycled to like any WYPT? If that works, then there is the ability to make at least one saved target point.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Holding WPT increment, already creates WP 0 which is transferred to the JDAM currently selected.

It is explained in Razbams Pocket Guide and in Chuck's Guide (recently updated). The later is easier to understand...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yes, I got for JDAMs in TOO mod, but what I am talking about is possibilities potentially given by menus appearing on ODU when you spot something with TPOD and press and hold wpt increment, even with no JDAM under your wings

Edited by flo57100

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but IIUC you want to save your marked target to the board computer to be called up later. I've asked this once before and IIRC it's not currently implemented. As long as you don't slew the target carrot away from it's current position it should stay put, or at least very close (why it sometimes wanders, I have no idea).

Is this what you are asking?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

You can upload the target data to the CAS page from the F10 map, set them as target points. Those points can now be cycled through just like any other waypoint on the EHSD, and therefore the TPOD can be slewed to it.

As far as making markpoints with the TPOD for later reference, that has yet to implemented. Only fly over markpoints are currently available.

yes, you always have to select a waypoint, then hold waypoint increment to use a TOO point.

Most accurate way to place a flyover point is to be low.

I believe in real life the only way a Harrier can designate a TOO point is with the TPOD.

TOO is function of the radar altimeter, it will be used to designate a markpoint exactly below aircraft longitude and latitude position on ground using the radar altimeter ranging. limitation is +/- 45° roll and pitch for radar altimeter and below 5000 ft from ground to be able range below aircraft correctly.

Pressing TOO will designate that point on ground.

TPOD aint required at all to operate TOO.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.