IPD (world scale) for per module

Haukka81

Hi.

Would it be possible to get IPD option in VR tab per module/plane?

Would make life easier :)

I use 45 for mirage , 54 for hornet, 40 for mig21 etc.. so maybe option to use diffrent per plane.

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Yes, but it would be better for all modules COCKPITS to be in one uniform scale.

Changing IPD aka World Scale changes the whole world around, size of tanks, soldiers, buildings, airfields, mountains etc. And even smaller or bigger wings in your plane.

So selecting different World Scale for different modules you would have different size of the world and objects around you.

Yes, but it would be better for all modules COCKPITS to be in one uniform scale.

Changing IPD aka World Scale changes the whole world around, size of tanks, soldiers, buildings, airfields, mountains etc. And even smaller or bigger wings in your plane.

So selecting different World Scale for different modules you would have different size of the world and objects around you.

Yes , but we have 0,001% possiblity to get uniform scale pits.

So module based world scale setting is bit more realistic wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Completely agree that the modules should be build to the same scale

Such that the global ipd setting works for all of them, instead of a setting per module.

I’m confused why in a simulator that is meant to be about fidelity, scaling of the cockpits would look different for a given ipd... something seems badly wrong if that is the case...

Agreed - Uniform Scale in cockpit building is a must.

To have to manually adjust IPD for each module due to inaccurate or inconsistencies between cockpit scale is not good and then has issues as mentioned before of throwing out other objects scaling beyond the cockpit.

Cockpits are built to 1:1 real world scale

That's what I would have thought would happen. Same with everything else in the sim.

Why would you scale things differently in CAD. Tho, I do have some architects that do scale things, perhaps they did this when using the older CAD programs, to scale for plotting? Find it strange still.

I've never felt the need to mess with the IPD?

Never sat there thinking, wow this is really out of scale this pit and I own most of them. Not that I've sat in them IRL to compare.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Cockpits are built to 1:1 real world scale

Nope, Mig-21 is getting new pit because old wont look right in VR

So not all are build ”right” least what comes to VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Cockpits are built to 1:1 real world scale why on A-10C cockpit in VR i look like a giant? and in the Viper the same.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

they should implement a sort of calibration as this is very user/ hardware dependent.

eg a line/frame(A4 sheet??) of a standardized size in a standard distance adjust till it matches when u look below your VR glasses

Perhaps something like this for a wish list? Some sort of calibration to align with to SUIT your setup and "World Scale".

IPD setting

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If Cockpits are built to 1:1 real world scale why on A-10C cockpit in VR i look like a giant? and in the Viper the same.

Do all the default cameras have the same FOV? it'd be absolutely absurd not to build the cockpits 1:1, there's no advantage in building them to some weird dimensions. Texture size won't change.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

The Cockpits are built 1:1, and they are fitted inside of the external model which is built 1:1,

no one's trying to stop anything, but if there is a Camera FoV Setting in each aircraft that affects the look/feel of the cockpit in VR making a user have to adjust the IPD / World Scale per aircraft. the easier route would be to just have VR not read those camera FoV Values and use a locked/default value, so all aircraft appear as they should.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well the A-10C is getting adjusted to 1:1 scale with the new update... and I would not be surprised if there are other cockpits that are a bit off. Not all cockpits have been laserscanned ;)

This.

And mirage just get new pit.. now its much better in VR

Its just so hard to someone to belive that not all in dcs are made 1:1 perfect ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the A-10C is getting adjusted to 1:1 scale with the new update... and I would not be surprised if there are other cockpits that are a bit off. Not all cockpits have been laserscanned ;)

A-10C Cockpit is 1:1...

It's getting re-done to 2019 PBR And 3D Standards, the A-10C Cockpit is almost 10 years old.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs