[NOT IMPLEMENTED YET] AAR refuelling lights?

bkthunder

Doesn't the refueling probe have a light in it for night-time AAR?

I was trying to refuel yesterday in a night mission and (partly because of the tinted canopy and very very dark hud) couldn't see absolutely anything outside, let alone the small basket...

F18OHK3.JPG

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

The basket itself doesn't have any lights, even the infamous Iron Maiden. All basket illum is done by the rcvr

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

• 1 year later...
When im refueling in the night and using NVGs its shining like a sh.it and I cant see the anything.

You can try to reduce the gain of the NVG if what you see is too bright. I usually don‘t fiddle around with the NVG gain and I happily refuel at night using them. The depth perception is a bit more difficult since you are just looking through a straw basically but it works for me.

Yet, the AAR light would be great (but not a pressing issue here, just my personal judgement).

I could be wrong about this but I do be liege that if you select the NVG position on the switch over on the right hand consol, that light is disabled. The switch I am referring to is a 3 position sw on the outboard side of the RH consol, slightly forward of the canopy switch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's implemented now? Seriously? I'm on the latest build and I can't see the basket at all at night. Using NVGs is the only way I've refueled at night so far. I'm not being blinded by anything like others are saying.

BvLwADT.jpg

Does the light turn on automatically with the probe extension, or is there another step involved?

Edited by Callsign: JoNay

I could be wrong about this but I do be liege that if you select the NVG position on the switch over on the right hand consol, that light is disabled. The switch I am referring to is a 3 position sw on the outboard side of the RH consol, slightly forward of the canopy switch.

Are you talking about the switch on the interior lighting panel? Maybe that's why I'm not seeing the probe light. I'll do more testing, thanks.

The probe light use to work very well.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Ya, my perception is that somewhere in the last update or 2 the light from the F-18 probe that shined on the basket seems to have scaled back significantly.

Significantly as in zero? I haven't noticed any light on my basket at all.

I didn't realize this was a thing that used to work in previous builds. Maybe I should report this as a bug?