FM update is great

Bagpipe

Just a note to say how much i am enjoying the updated Mig. Really feeling alive now, was always fun to fly but is now fun to fight in too.:thumbup:

I always struggled with the 4v4 scenario against the F5s but i just hopped in for the first time in a while and really enjoyed gunning down 2 of them. Landing makes more sense to me now too (at least in my head it seems to) as before it felt like i would drop out the sky just before reaching the runway when at lower speeds.

Maybe i have just learned more since last time or maybe something changed but whatever it is it is a much better module these days for me.

I hope you give it lots more love (and throw the "S" in for free :music_whistling: to early access backers)

When did this happen? I just bought it. Or are we comparing to a months old FM?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I bought it a while back when everybody was hating the FM. I didn't see too much of an issue in flying, just turning and power issues initially. Flew it for the first time in maybe a couple months and the thing is so much more capable in dogfights now. You have to learn what its good at (climbing) and use it to your advantage and when you get it, it is pretty damn rewarding

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it on early release, and I must say, RAZBAM have done plenty to bring it up to where it is now. I have no problems with the current FM; the MiG-19P seems to me like a Dodge Viper, there are really primarily two speeds except for landing: parked, and going straight really fast. But the changes have finally tamed whatever complaints people had here regarding being overpowered, and the G blackout is definitely in.

Thanks, RAZBAM, and Happy Holidays to you!

ROG Maximus X, Intel i7-3770 3.5GHz , Nvidia 680Ti, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Has anyone tried fighting a Mig-15?

Just did the gun tutorial - I wasn´t able to get my sights onto the 15 but wasn´t shot either.

So it pretty much was a draw - got close sometimes but it never was enough. I mainly tried using its speed and climbing power.

Some advice maybe?

I don´t have much experience in dogfighting with jets as I mostly flew WWII birds in the past.

The FM felt great though - it is a lot of fun flying it!