Mirage Aerodynamic Performance Overpowered - Page 17 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 06:49 AM   #161
RIVER

I like the Mirage very much but this thing just eats a Tomcat for breakfast. Guns only the F 14 has no chance. The Mirage seems very very OP to me. Lovely plane though.
RIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:03 AM   #162
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVER View Post
I like the Mirage very much but this thing just eats a Tomcat for breakfast. Guns only the F 14 has no chance. The Mirage seems very very OP to me. Lovely plane though.
Well, the French AdA didn't have any comments on the flight model, to the contrary they seemed happy with it. To me there is no higher authority when it comes to judging it than the French Air Force...
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
Please check my FACEBOOK PAGE for the latest news and information.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:13 AM   #163
Angel101

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
Well, the French AdA didn't have any comments on the flight model, to the contrary they seemed happy with it. To me there is no higher authority when it comes to judging it than the French Air Force...
Well, when they tested the M2000??? because right now (2.5.4) maybe we are not talking about the same airplane.
Angel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #164
Angel101

Right now this plane It's nearly impossible to get out of his envelope.

Out turn every module in DCS at no cost, It should bleed more speed.

This is recorded with the stick full deflected:

I remember from this interview: https://hushkit.net/2016/10/13/mirag...ric-cakeslice/

Quote:
I managed to put a Mirage 2000 into the vertical whilst being chased and held the manoeuvre a few seconds too long – when I looked into my HUD I was in the pure vertical at 60 knots and decelerating ! As we hit Zero the aircraft began to slide backwards and the ‘burner blew out. My heart-rate increased.
Well, I can't do that. Even if you unload a little bit the stick it start to accelerate.

In a dogfight you can go to the six of your bandit in your first turn trading all the energy for turn rate... I´m ok with that, but then just unload a bit an follow that bandit even if he go full vertical... I don't think is too realistic.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:02 AM   #165
RIVER

To some extend the advantage may come from the fly by wire, we all need to have a closer look into this. The Tomcat is darn hard to fly clean, I mean clean during a whole dogfight. A little too less rudder and you mess up the turn. Same goes for pitch, needs very gentle inputs to get her into a perfect turn.

Mirage you pretty much can concentrate on tactics only, the plane is very stable. Will test the 2000 against a player driven Hornet, let's see how that goes.

One more thing: I can't help finding the F 14's shacky and wobbly behaviour overdone. I am no real Tomcat driver but this seems too much of a feedback.
RIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:55 AM   #166
Angel101

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVER View Post
To some extend the advantage may come from the fly by wire, we all need to have a closer look into this. The Tomcat is darn hard to fly clean, I mean clean during a whole dogfight. A little too less rudder and you mess up the turn. Same goes for pitch, needs very gentle inputs to get her into a perfect turn.

Mirage you pretty much can concentrate on tactics only, the plane is very stable. Will test the 2000 against a player driven Hornet, let's see how that goes.

One more thing: I can't help finding the F 14's shacky and wobbly behaviour overdone. I am no real Tomcat driver but this seems too much of a feedback.
Yes, but look at the data above, able to hold between 60-80 kts and not falling from the sky, just ridiculous.

I enjoy to have a Fighter that owns everything in WVR arena... but don't tell me that is realistic.

They should review how drag is impacting on this module.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:18 AM   #167
myHelljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel101 View Post
Yes, but look at the data above, able to hold between 60-80 kts and not falling from the sky, just ridiculous.

I enjoy to have a Fighter that owns everything in WVR arena... but don't tell me that is realistic.

They should review how drag is impacting on this module.
Not saying you are wrong but, what are you basing this on ?

Did you compare your data with some charts ?
Do you have a SME that pointed some inaccuracies ?

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:22 AM   #168
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Guys, as far as I know the FM was not touched - why would anyone do that after getting a praise from AdA? So I don’t understand why it would feel different...I might be wrong though, haven’t focused on Mirage for some time.
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
Please check my FACEBOOK PAGE for the latest news and information.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #169
Steph21

As long as Razbam is listening to AdA's feedback on FM instead of feedbacks/theories found on forums, i'll be happy.
Steph21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:58 PM   #170
jaguara5

About the speed bleed rate this is a conversation i had with real pilots
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...7&postcount=17
Edit (slightly of topic but interesting) - About the mirage vs hornet thematic, I had later the chance to talk with M2000 - 5 pilots, who participated in the TPL NATO course and flew with / against hornets. Their comments about the claims the hornet eats mirage for breakfast was that its ''completely BS''. so everyone seems very confident about their aircraft.

Last edited by jaguara5; 04-16-2019 at 01:03 PM.
jaguara5 is online now   Reply With Quote