DCS Crashes on Exit

AleCisla

Hi guys,

I have DCS Steam Edition and as the title said, everytime I exit the simulator now, it crashes.

It's not a huge problem, since it's on exit and not at any other time, but this is bugging me now.

Does anyone else have this? Or is it just me?

I went through that "verify integrity of game files" and nothing came out, no files were replaced.

I do have a couple of mods installed, but they always worked fine, I never had this problem before, even with these 2 mods installed. It just start happening from nowhere.

If anyone have any idea of what could be causing this, please.. Im all ears.

Thanks.

Alex.

• ED Team

Hi

Can you attach your dcs.log after the crash, it will help the team.

Also are you running DCS with administration permissions in windows?

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BIGNEWY,

Sorry, I'm absolutely lost in this forum, but I manage to upload the log files here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3967910#post3967910

I tried to change the "Run this program as an administrator" in the properties of DCS.exe, the changed was accepted, but when I tried to run DCS, I had a message saying "Error creating process" and in the taskbar of Windows, I can see that "Run.exe" green icon with the A-10C in it...? So I had to go back to the properties of DCS.exe and untick the "Run this program...." and then it works again... basically, I can't choose to run as an admin!

And I noticed that the crashes happen randomly, but usually if I crash the plane in game and then exit the game after... or if I fly for a while, more than 3 minutes and then exit, it crashes.

It's not a big big deal, it's just annoying... what I'm really worried about now, it's the fact that I bought the Huey, installed, and it's absolutely nowhere to be found inside DCS!... I checked everything and tried everything to install the Huey and make it work, and nothing. NineLine was talking to me about it, but I didn't know how to send the log files, so hopefully this will help you guys now...

Thank you so much for your help, all of you. It means a lot to me.

Regards,

Alex.

Ok, I think I figured it out..

I had to disable the Steam cloud and then using Revo Uninstaller, I made the uninstall deleting everything, registry entries, folders, sub folders, files, etc... Then reinstalling DCS from the begining gave me a fresh install of DCS, which I think fixed the problem. I'm gonna try to make it crash at exit, by doing what I was doing before, which was just crashing the plane in the simulation and then trying to exit the simulator straight after. But so far, it didn't happen again.

Thank you for your help BIGNEWY!

Regards,

Alex.

I think I finally found the culprit. ReShade. I was using the last version, but there's something wrong with it. So I uninstalled it and then... everytime I exit DCS now, I have a black screen that stays there for maybe 30 seconds... maybe 40 seconds... and then back to the desktop. Sometimes, I see the DCS logo showing very quickly, but it hasn't crashed for real.

I don't know, it's just weird that black screen threatening to give me a crash, but then it's all good.