Mirage 2000 Engine Not Starting Up!

frixon28

Hey guys,

I woke up this morning and logged onto DCS to play my Mirage 2000 that I purchased last week, every morning I first start by playing Cold Start just to get the hang of starting up. Mirage 2000 engine startup is a breeze and I never had problems on any missions or servers before. After the usual engine startup procedure(Parking Brakes, Battery, Ignition to G, Left and Right Fuel pumps, Starter fuel pump and ignition button) I went to check my RPM and nothing was happening. The red light is on, my throttle at 0 and nothing is happening! Well I went and tried it on a server, mission and mission editor and all the same things happened, I cant start my plane! I tried restarting DCS, my computer looked around online and nothing works. Sometimes when I try to start it the engine button doesn't even turn red! Please if you have any info on this or advice it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Hey guys,

I woke up this morning and logged onto DCS to play my Mirage 2000 that I purchased last week, every morning I first start by playing Cold Start just to get the hang of starting up. Mirage 2000 engine startup is a breeze and I never had problems on any missions or servers before. After the usual engine startup procedure(Parking Brakes, Battery, Ignition to G, Left and Right Fuel pumps, Starter fuel pump and ignition button) I went to check my RPM and nothing was happening. The red light is on, my throttle at 0 and nothing is happening! Well I went and tried it on a server, mission and mission editor and all the same things happened, I cant start my plane! I tried restarting DCS, my computer looked around online and nothing works. Sometimes when I try to start it the engine button doesn't even turn red! Please if you have any info on this or advice it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for your time.

If it doesn't run red you need to turn on the power above the warning panel (it is the one on the the left that is red)

War is easy and is just like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire and the ground is on fire and you are on fire and you realise you are in hell :joystick:

Hey !!

there is an amazing & magic button on the top left of the forum.

it's called "search"

many, many many many thread about this.

so, check you fuel cutoff switch (on bottom of the fuel pumps) or throttle on OFF position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey !!

there is an amazing & magic button on the top left of the forum.

it's called "search"

many, many many many thread about this.

so, check you fuel cutoff switch (on bottom of the fuel pumps) or throttle on OFF position.

For instance: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168902!

War is easy and is just like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire and the ground is on fire and you are on fire and you realise you are in hell :joystick:

Well thanks Kartoffel for the link and help. I am new to this game and the internet in general sorry. I tried looking on youtube and google but could not find anything! I was not aware the startup changed, and I did use the search button so please try not to be so belittling Exo7 nextime!

Well I got it to work once, and then it didnt work, then it worked another time...well alteast it works. I guess we can close this thread now!

Edited by frixon28

I did use the search button so please try not to be so belittling Exo7 nextime!

I don't belittling anyone here.

But when you can see 10 thread with the same question and the same answer...

We repeat the same at each time.

So i have many doubts about your use of search button...

Just typing "M2000 startup" and i have 4 pages of matches...

Well, you´ve got the answer. Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]