Rift s / mic problems

HoYa

Just upgraded to the Rift S and installed the free version of voice attack (pending registration)

Both are awesome and while the Rift S is well worth the money, voice attack for only $10: solves the problem of not seeing your keyboard completely!

Problem is, it seems I need to unplug/replug the rift ever time I wanna play. It gets stuck in a software reboot loop that goes nowhere. Also, for some reason the mic just stops working on Voice attack and I have to stop and turn it back on.

Anybody else having these issues ? Any solutions ??

Thanks

Not sure about the unplug/replug thing.

As for the mic, do check that the sound icon in the taskbar says that you’re listening through your rift s BEFORE you start Vaicom. Also check in Windows Contro, Panel/ Sound that your mic is selected

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Just upgraded to the Rift S and installed the free version of voice attack (pending registration)

Both are awesome and while the Rift S is well worth the money, voice attack for only $10: solves the problem of not seeing your keyboard completely!

Problem is, it seems I need to unplug/replug the rift ever time I wanna play. It gets stuck in a software reboot loop that goes nowhere. Also, for some reason the mic just stops working on Voice attack and I have to stop and turn it back on.

Thanks

The built in mic on my Rift S was very iffy, would just stop working in middle of gameplay.

I did not see many reports of this over on the Oculus forums, a few but nothing prevalent that I saw.

I added a desktop USB mic to my setup and disabled the Rift S mic.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks

Yes, I also have similar problems. Not consistently, but very annoying all the same, especially when it happens mid game.

It may not be voice attack. I have tried to use the mic outside of voice attack and sometimes it doesn't work until I pull and then replug the rift s usb cable from the pc.

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.