[NO BUG] AIM-9X won't launch when on ground While GND JETT switch set ENABL

D4n

when GND JETT switch enabled (+master arm on), AIM-9X should launch when taxiing/parked. It won't launch currently...

trackfile (at the end): https://ufile.io/2l2lw7yk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Doesn't "launching AIM-9X" count as "jettison store" ? What's your source for that it doesn't work irl?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Then what happens to the AIM-9 when pilot/mechanic presses "jettison" ? Does it fall off? Or nothing?

GND JETT just tells the aircraft to ignore the weight on wheels. It simulates the aircraft as if it is in the air.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

GND JETT just tells the aircraft to ignore the weight on wheels. It simulates the aircraft as if it is in the air.

yes, and in the air it then would shoot its AIM-9...

yes, and in the air it then would shoot its AIM-9...

I know, I’m agreeing with you. Definitely shouldn’t be labeled [No bug].

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Ok. And that YouTuber with his AIM-9X video just replied to me that how he did it was FIRST that gnd jett switch, THEN gear down handle.

It stays on. Nothing happens to it, at least on the wingtips. If it is loaded on a rail/launcher under the wing, then it should fall down.

Nope. Stations 2 & 8 will act just like the wing tip missiles. Stations 3 & 7 also if loaded with A-A missiles. Those pylons do not have carts so they aren't going anywhere on jettison.

The only potential bug I am seeing with the jettison is whether or not it is inhibited with gear down only, or if it requires weight on wheels to be inhibited. From reading the manual it sounds like GND JETT switch needs to be on to jettison stores even when there is no weight on wheels. I guess because external tanks can impact the main gear when jettisoned.

Currently in DCS stores will jettison with GND JETT off and gear down with no weight on wheels (flying). Is that correct behavior I wonder?

The only potential bug I am seeing with the jettison is whether or not it is inhibited with gear down only, or if it requires weight on wheels to be inhibited. From reading the manual it sounds like GND JETT switch needs to be on to jettison stores even when there is no weight on wheels. I guess because external tanks can impact the main gear when jettisoned.

Currently in DCS stores will jettison with GND JETT off and gear down with no weight on wheels (flying). Is that correct behavior I wonder?

Correct behavior. No bug. Stores WILL jettison with gear down without GND JETT enable switch in on. Per -34 manual....maybe that is why it is called GROUND jettison enable switch.

Correct behavior. No bug. Stores WILL jettison with gear down without GND JETT enable switch in on. Per -34 manual....maybe that is why it is called GROUND jettison enable switch.

Yeah that makes sense. Only reason I asked is because under the S-J section (3-107) it says GND JETT ENABLE switch - ENABLE (if LG is down), with no mention about having WOW.

The missile rails themselves have no provision for jettison from the aircraft. The only conceivable mode of jettison is an unguided launch. As far as I know there is no launch-type jettison for air to air missiles on the F-16 of the AIM-7, 9, 120 types.

Normal launches may or may not be allowed with ground jettison enabled. That's a specific question "what are the launch conditions for AIM-_?" Just that you can dumb tanks or bombs with ground jett. doesn't mean normal missile firing is the same.