[NOT REALISTIC] No Zuni's for the Viper?

pimp

Did the Viper not carry zuni rockets? The Hydras are horrible for my type of ground attack. I did not see them listed in the planned weapons list.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

No, AFAIK Zunis have only been in use with the Navy (and maybe Marine Corps), but not with the Air Force. So no Zunis for the Viper.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That sucks, but thanks for the info though. It's weird when the different branches of the military didn't use the same basic weapons, such as rockets or CBUs.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Good ol' Bobby Mac tried the commonality approach back in the 60's and it ended up not working out too well. It wasn't a total failure though, we got the F-14 out of that deal. Since then, the individual branches of the military have been responsible for procuring their own weapons for the most part.

Except for the ones that start with 'J' (JSOW, JDAM, JASSM etc) of course :)

And the Joint Strike Fighter ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good ol' Bobby Mac tried the commonality approach back in the 60's and it ended up not working out too well. It wasn't a total failure though, we got the F-14 out of that deal. Since then, the individual branches of the military have been responsible for procuring their own weapons for the most part.

Definitely didn't help that the F-111 isn't exact carrier friendly thus why the Navy said thanks but no thanks we'll get our own. So the bad side is it definitely cost the tax payers more but good side is we got the F-14 out of the deal as you state so in the end it mostly worked out.