Differences between the MiG-19P and MiG-19S?

MadMaxNZ

S has no radar and therefore a simpler gunsight.

Not sure which is heavier, radar or extra gun and ammo, lighter plane possibly has the edge in a turnfight

The S is heavier than the P.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Does Razbam have any plans to make the S in the future? I know we are supposed to get a Vietnam War map eventually.

YES! It'll be AI only upon release. But in time it will become available for us too. That was announced by RAZBAM themselves.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The MiG-19S has a more simple gunnery radar similar to the F-86 radar.

S is somewhat better in speed, maneuverability, range, ceiling, endurance.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Mig-19S was frontline fighter, had stronger cannon armament, 3 x 23mm and no has no intercept radar. It was simplified mig-19 with only cannons and unguided AG rockets.

Mig-19P was interceptor with radar and guided AA rockets.

Mig-19S was frontline fighter, had stronger cannon armament, 3 x 23mm and no has no intercept radar. It was simplified mig-19 with only cannons and unguided AG rockets.

Mig-19P was interceptor with radar and guided AA rockets.

The MiG-19S (Farmer C) had 3 x 30mm cannons, only the PM (Farmer E) had guided missiles, rockets on the P (Farmer B) were unguided.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Few rectifications, MiG-19S wasn't simplified variant, this aircraft was second in a row in family (after MiG-19 "without letter"). MiG-19P is a 19S development with radar. Interceptor variants are heavier like frontline variants - 7730 kg (max. weight P) vs 7560 kg ( max. weight S). Gunsight on the S is not simplified over P's gunsight, because both are the same gunsight ASP-5N, with precisely the same funcionality.

Differences are in cannons and flight parameters, but those are relatively small, that's why aircrafts have one aerodynamics manual and one pilot's manual.

Edited by foxbat155

YES! It'll be AI only upon release. But in time it will become available for us too. That was announced by RAZBAM themselves.

Not sure if AI version will make the cut for release (but will be added as an upgrade) but S version will be included eventually in the package as a bonus, the main subject of the module is the P version

Not sure if AI version will make the cut for release (but will be added as an upgrade) but S version will be included eventually in the package as a bonus, the main subject of the module is the P version

Well, the P is the main issue as you've said it yourself. One at a time :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The MiG-19S (Farmer C) had 3 x 30mm cannons, only the PM (Farmer E) had guided missiles, rockets on the P (Farmer B) were unguided.

Nope. Some P version had too guided AA rockets. Because soviet system (and not only soviet system but whole Warsaw pact) had disorder in markings what is P and the PM.

Wikipedia its not complete source.

Edited by Magot

The cost of making DCS modules is so high in both time and money that I don't expect to see many variants of aircraft that have already been released. While the differences between minor variants are usually enough to justify separate products to cover development costs, most people aren't going to buy both variants. So, two for one is an amazing deal for full-blown DCS World modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]