Buccaneer by the BANA Project - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #1
tombeckett2285

Default Buccaneer by the BANA Project

Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of the BANA Project, I am extremely pleased to publicly announce our first development module for DCS World: the Blackburn Buccaneer Mk2.

What started out not very long ago as a conversion project from another sim has quickly gathered pace, fuelled by the passion and commitment of our development team who have formulated a long term goal of an accurately modelled interpretation of this truly magnificent cold-war era British strike aircraft. This module will be available to the whole DCS community for no cost.

The aircraft is currently in an early state of development, but the 3D external modelling, animation and texturing work is almost completed. The Simple Flight Model is undergoing development and testing at this time.

We plan a staged release to make sure that as many users as possible can enjoy this project; once development of the SFM is completed we will release the aircraft to the community utilising an existing DCS avionics and cockpit solution to allow it to be flown within the DCS environment and to allow all users to provide testing and feedback. Development will continue in the background on an accurately modelled 3D cockpit, customised systems and accurate weapon loads - of course, all within the confines of a simulated environment. Eventually, we hope to be able to provide an External Flight Model, Advanced Systems Modelling and Custom Weapons.

We would like to openly invite members of the DCS community to participate in the BANA Project, we have a variety of roles available to assist in the development of this Buccaneer. We can't offer a generous salary, free healthcare or even a company pension - but what we can offer is a group of like minded enthusiasts to share ideas with and have some fun developing modules for DCS: World. Please contact me by PM if you would like to offer your services to us.

Feel free to post any questions, queries, advice, criticism or ideas you may have for this module. We welcome them all with a big smile and an open ear!"

Last edited by tombeckett2285; 03-25-2016 at 03:12 PM.
tombeckett2285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:43 PM   #2
Coxy_99
Veteran

Thank you what a great addition this would be to dcs, How far do you plan on taking this including making it pay-ware no brainer purchase , Looks nice
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:06 PM   #3
Jacks

I for one would love to see a buccaneer in DCS. I personally hope you guys can get third party developer status and access to the DCS SDK so you can create a full fidelity module with great functionality and possibly even dual cockpit. Good luck and I will monitor your progress eagerly.
System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Last edited by Jacks; 03-24-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:11 PM   #4
MoGas
Beta Tester

Nice
MoGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #5
Silver_Dragon
DCS Ground Crew

Interesting, follow them.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #6
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #7
joey45
Veteran

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Please send all hate mail to No11
Updates to my stuff are now going here
joey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:53 PM   #8
Cytt0rak

tombeckett2285 what is your caucasus texture mod?
Cytt0rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:59 PM   #9
Brixmis

Well, I have the S1 and S2 from Flying Stations and a while ago tried the one from UKMIL.

Any of those the conversion model you refer to?

The Flying Station ones are works of art and a joy to fly.

Sorry, though - exterior models with existing cockpits fitted are a real turn off for me. Looking forward to the full monty, though

PS - if you need any voice acting for missions, training or anything else - look no further! Samples on request

Last edited by Brixmis; 03-24-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:06 PM   #10
crazyeddie

Had a ride in a Royal Navy version a few times, anyone needing advice on how not to throw up in your facemask, just ask, I know all about cleaning it up !!

Nice, look forward to it.
crazyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote