[REPORTED] Performance Issues

Minsky

:huh: I could swear I read something. But as I read to all stuff I read earlier, I can't find it anymore...:helpsmilie: so gonna edit it.

I'm curious, could be because it's friday:joystick::pilotfly:

You're probably thinking of the JF-17 which wasn't available on the old Stable release.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

This is boggling my mind. I tested everything on low and shadows on flat and off today and the carrier still getting mid 30's with my specs heavily choppy play. Rest of the game and modules run fine and I generally run med-high settings normally without issue and get great FPS. Really just want to be able use and enjoy this module right now :(

All drivers etc are up to date and I don't run any mods. Metashaders & FXO cleared and game repair done many times to make sure not something simple been overlooked.

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

I was surprised the impact in VR is pretty noticeable 19vs 22ms frame times difference and about 10fps

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

This is boggling my mind. I tested everything on low and shadows on flat and off today and the carrier still getting mid 30's with my specs heavily choppy play. Rest of the game and modules run fine and I generally run med-high settings normally without issue and get great FPS. Really just want to be able use and enjoy this module right now :(

All drivers etc are up to date and I don't run any mods. Metashaders & FXO cleared and game repair done many times to make sure not something simple been overlooked.

I feel you.

It's been three patches since the release, and I'm still unable to use (let alone enjoy) the module I've been waiting for for so long.

One thing is clear: there's obviously no magic checkbox or secret trick to fix it - it's entirely up to ED.

P.S. It's not easy to justify spending hundreds of dollars on a new GPU, considering what's happening in the world.

I mean, why should I do this?

I have 40-60 fps with literally every other module, on any map, during any mission, with DCS settings between medium and high.

I can play all modern games on high settings with a decent performance.

But suddenly my GPU is not good enough for the almighty Supercrarrier?

Oh please.

Dima | My DCS uploads

Agreed Minsky.

I get that the carrier is a complex module but the size of the drop in FPS in my opinion something under the skin ain't happy. And seen that guys running 2000 series Nvidia cards are having issues that's a bit strange. I can only hope that its still been looked at ED behind the scenes cause like you say its completely in their hands nothing more we can try our side.

The Tomcat was the most demanding module before the carrier and it doesn't even dent my systems performance I know its not a fair comparison but just saying.

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

I feel you.

It's been three patches since the release, and I'm still unable to use (let alone enjoy) the module I've been waiting for for so long.

One thing is clear: there's obviously no magic checkbox or secret trick to fix it - it's entirely up to ED.

P.S. It's not easy to justify spending hundreds of dollars on a new GPU, considering what's happening in the world.

I mean, why should I do this?

I have 40-60 fps with literally every other module, on any map, during any mission, with DCS settings between medium and high.

I can play all modern games on high settings with a decent performance.

But suddenly my GPU is not good enough for the almighty Supercrarrier?

Oh please.

I remember 5 years ago I used to use the GTX 970 as a good card as well in DCS performance was weak.

Your video card has worse performance and you want it to fully handle Supercarrier?

Create a track file together with the settings that you are currently using.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

I remember 5 years ago I used to use the GTX 970 as a good card as well in DCS performance was weak.

You've had weak performance with the GTX 970.

I still have more than acceptable performance with the GTX 960.

Why should I lie?

You're not seeing me running around the forums asking to optimize this and fix that, don't you?

Because I'm pretty happy with my DCS performance overall.

It's just a single module that troubles me.

Your video card has worse performance and you want it to fully handle Supercarrier?

Yes I do.

Until somebody explain to me why exactly this module has such terrible performance.

"It has a lot of things going on under the hood" is not a valid explanation. If it's under the hood, then it's invisible, and should not consume GPU resources. Or it's a bug/memory leak/whatnot.

From a visual standpoint, the Supercarrier is not heavier than a pair of Tomcats flying low & slow over Dubai. Except in Dubai I have twice as more fps than with the Supercarrier.

Create a track file together with the settings that you are currently using.

Sure! Right after you read the previous pages, and explain how a track file (?) and my settings are going to help here.

And while you're at it, ask other affected users with their 2070, 1080, and other more than capable cards, for the track files as well.

Dima | My DCS uploads

I wish I could get a constant 60 fps.

Too much detail makes the Supercarrier module for future hw.

Track file would serve as a reference benchmark, where everybody had the same conditions to compare performance.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Track file would serve as a reference benchmark, where everybody had the same conditions to compare performance.

There is no point in comparing performance or recording tracks. You either have a huge fps hit in any circumstances, or you don't. It's that simple.

I really advise you to read the first post in this topic - there is a short summary right at the beginning.

Dima | My DCS uploads

I read the thread from the beginning, that's why I wrote where is your bottleneck in performance.

The worst thing that exists is the person blaming each other's hardware to justify the horrible performance that DCS has been getting with each update. Yes, DCS has a serious performance problem and only gets worse with each update. Until giving up buying the P47D and the Channel map due to performance.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Well I think EDs working on it based on the title of this post but it’s hard to say what you should expect if your machine is below minimum requirements. Because the game is only going to harder to run as it improves.

At no point are they going to add a feature like improved weather, and your performance is going to get better. It’s constantly evolving unlike most games so I would definitely expect the hardware requirements to go up not down.

All that aside even people above recommended are having issues so it definitely has room for improvement.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Well I think EDs working on it based on the title of this post but it’s hard to say what you should expect if your machine is below minimum requirements. Because the game is only going to harder to run as it improves. .

Agreed, and in addition one of the Ed team has already said they are considering increasing the minimum specs, this happens with software... it does more things it requires more hardware.

I think we are all agreed however it’s performance has degraded over the last version, albeit in some edge cases, i was stunned at the number of people clamouring for 2.5.6 to be released to stable ...be careful what you wish for... Considering threads like this.

I do have faith that Ed are working on improving the performance of the game, but, tbh it’s a big problem it covers a multitude of things it’s not just one thing... but if you don’t meet the minimum specifications then ED have not failed *you*... that’s why they have a minimum specification... to warn you below this spec they make no performance claims...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

but it’s hard to say what you should expect if your machine is below minimum requirements.

Have you read the system requirements at all?

Min: i3 2.8 / 8 Gb / GTX 760

Rec: i5 3.0 / 16 Gb / GTX 1070

Mine: i5 3.2 / 32 Gb / GTX 960

It seems that my GPU is well above the minimum requirements.

And all other specs are exceeding the recommended values.

Because the game is only going to harder to run as it improves.

At no point are they going to add a feature like improved weather, and your performance is going to get better. It’s constantly evolving unlike most games so I would definitely expect the hardware requirements to go up not down.

No offence, but it seems that my English is so terrible, that many people aren't paying attention to what I'm saying.

I have explained multiple times (twice just yesterday) that I don't see why I should upgrade right now, when 99% of DCS (including the latest OB with the new lighting) and all other games are running absolutely fine on my current specs.

One exceptionally slow early access module could just be a bug that can be fixed.

Two slow modules could be a worrying tendency.

Three slow modules will be a sign that this is the new norm for DCS, and I should finally upgrade.

It's quite simple.

No need to talk to me like I'm a moron in denial, please :)

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

Minimum system requirements ED for SC are outside the usable reality. Even RTX 2060 would not be appropriate due to the limitations of 6Gb vram.

Minimum system requirements ED for SC are outside the usable reality. Even RTX 2060 would not be appropriate due to the limitations of 6Gb vram.

Can you please stop posting nonsense in this topic?

And finally read the summary in the first post?

Me in this topic: "this issue has nothing to do with textures and polycount. proofs..."

Random posters: "dude just upgrade your 960".

People with powerful hardware in this topic: "the performance hit is too damn high".

Random posters: "yeah cool. but OP should upgrade his 960".

Dima | My DCS uploads

Alternative B, turn down the visual settings.

Just saying...

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.