DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

A new feature, and a pretty important fix.

DCS F-16C by ED

Added ability to create new waypoints.

Low altitude, Low fuel, High speed wobbling - fixed

More to follow during early access.

thanks

Yea, I got it the first time, thank you.. still frustrated that before F-16C launch there were talks about "hand-in-hand" development with the Hornet. Have seen zero sign of that after release.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

All 28Gb is now in for me... let the fun begin!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

upper line says 27 gb, below line says xx mb of 10.637 mb

which one is actual size?

I didn't buy a map or something how can it be 27 GB?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yea, I got it the first time, thank you.. still frustrated that before F-16C launch there were talks about "hand-in-hand" development with the Hornet. Have seen zero sign of that after release.

the hind will probably be out and the 18 completed before the 16 gets some proper love

but by then ill probably be flying the mig 23 lol

Just grabbed the map, but still see this on the backer page:

P-47D-30 The product is not available yet.
Hope you guys will have it available for us shortly twilightsmile.png

Edit: Those patch notes though... lots of interesting stuff to check out like the AIM-120 FM, AIM-7 loft, M61 dispersion, Harrier finally being able to dump water, all the MiG-21 things, CEII FM as well, of course the Hornet things and that new SC wallpaper soundtrack. Just to name a few things... dealwithit.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

upper line says 27 gb, below line says xx mb of 10.637 mb

which one is actual size?

I didn't buy a map or something how can it be 27 GB?

Big update. Once that's done you can download modules.

I'm ticking along at 5.1Mb/sec here, which is respectable. I suspect the P47 and Channel will take some time once this is done, but I might get to wreck a brand new aircraft on virgin territory tonight.

Then I can try landing my F-18 on grass. So far FOD isn't modeled, so I have high hopes.

the hind will probably be out and the 18 completed before the 16 gets some proper love

Fine with me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• ED Team

Large download is due to terrain changes for RADAR

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

but by then ill probably be flying the mig 23 lol

Someone said they hired a code monkey (and I mean that in only the nicest possible way) specifically for the F-16. It generally takes a month or two to get up to speed and churning out code when you're standing at the bottom of the learning curve.

Much like the F/A-18 FanBois who said exactly what you just did a few months ago (the F-16 is getting all the love and they will release the Boulton-Paul Defiant before the F/A-18 is complete) you'll get your goodies in reasonably short order.

For reasonable values of reasonable.

In the meantime, if it helps, progress on one generally translates into progress on the other since they write APIs and not dedicated code for the most part.

thanks

I was expecting terrain data changes behind this. Luckily, my DL process has just finished already. Went super fast ajmug.png

Also could get my P-47 licens now on the backer page, awesome! cheerilee.png

Grabbing another 20GB now for the new modules abspin.gif

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Someone said they hired a code monkey (and I mean that in only the nicest possible way) specifically for the F-16. It generally takes a month or two to get up to speed and churning out code when you're standing at the bottom of the learning curve.

Much like the F/A-18 FanBois who said exactly what you just did a few months ago (the F-16 is getting all the love and they will release the Boulton-Paul Defiant before the F/A-18 is complete) you'll get your goodies in reasonably short order.

For reasonable values of reasonable.

In the meantime, if it helps, progress on one generally translates into progress on the other since they write APIs and not dedicated code for the most part.

i wouldn't mind but i don't fly the 18 lol its not a game barker for me as ill happily drop 97s on every thing or for the stubborn target get my trusty av8 out.

but just frustrating the guy meant to be doing mav's for April release couldn't deliver {in over there heads maybe}

i wouldn't mind but i don't fly the 18 lol its not a game barker for me as ill happily drop 97s on every thing or for the stubborn target get my trusty av8 out.

but just frustrating the guy meant to be doing mav's for April release couldn't deliver {in over there heads maybe}

It's the whole complex systems thing. What seems easy in the conference room when you map it out on the white board (or chalk board) suddenly turns into the precursor for baldness when you try to implement.

The rule of thumb we used, and I doubt it has changed much, is 95% of the code take 10% of the time. That last 5%? The day before you finally figure it out you're ready to quit and take up baking.

Then you figure it out and walk on air until someone in the forum points out that launching the MAV off the right wing station makes the Moskva sink.

Ive got the 16& 18 but don't care about either of them (they were more of 'support the dev' buys) but even if they were my airframes of choice, I still have enough other content to work thru that I can always do something else while I wait

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

It's the whole complex systems thing. What seems easy in the conference room when you map it out on the white board (or chalk board) suddenly turns into the precursor for baldness when you try to implement.

The rule of thumb we used, and I doubt it has changed much, is 95% of the code take 10% of the time. That last 5%? The day before you finally figure it out you're ready to quit and take up baking.

Then you figure it out and walk on air until someone in the forum points out that launching the MAV off the right wing station makes the Moskva sink.

im so glad im not a coder i would lose my s*it and throw stuff at my pc but hey ill take the right wing station makes the Moskva sink as long as its a big bang

thanks

My suspicion confirmed.

I was quite perplexed by the size considering the fact that the update contained in large part fixes.

That is quite a huge one to be caused by AG radar terrain change.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Anyone knows the size of channel map DL?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

From the notes: GUI. Loading window pictures doesn't show for some modules - fixed.

Hasn't changed that the Tomcat and Viggen still don't show their loading graphic.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

If it helps channel and P47 combined are roughly the same size as the patch.

Thanks! P47 shouldnt be so big. So I ll DL it after playing.

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

thanks

Will the terrain changes make Starway's Terrain Mod non-functional?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I'm intrigued by this line in the patch notes:

"Introduced a new flight dynamics model of AIM-120 missiles. In contrast to the old missile dynamics model the new one includes revised lift and drag, revised induced drag and motor data. Added stability and control characteristics, velocity-altitude adaptive autopilot and modified lofting trajectories."

I haven't finished downloading yet, but does anyone have more info on exactly what that is? Better AMRAAM guidance? Sounds exciting!