Eagle Dynamics Aircraft Carrier Mod

Hawkeye60

This request comes from Us WW II fans.

Although mentioned in the other "lock-down" thread,

I did not want it to get lost, or missed.

It is important to us WW II fans.

Please consider un-locking the WW II aircraft lua files.

By doing so, with the up coming Pacific map,

The WW II Carrier battles, Island invasions and defense, and many other mission types could easily be created.

With the addition of a few Carrier mods, Midway and Pearl Harbor could also be simulated.

Virtually any battle that has taken place in the Pacific could be created!

The reason for the request is a very small edit is needed to make these aircraft carrier capable.

With the fine skins created for the A-8 depicting the Japanese aircraft,

and a few other aircraft mods, the fun, and possibilities would be increased many times over.

The I-16 has not been locked so this is possible.

carrier-please.jpg

carrier-please2.jpg

carrier-please3.jpg

Please consider this request.

I understand the reason for protecting your software.

it is expected and the best for you going forward.

But prior to the last patch, I was able to spawn the Stang and Spit on deck.

No Longer possible......sad.gif

It will not prevent the copy protection of the main DLL's from being active, and would make many customers very happy to be able to expand upon the WW II experience, and perhaps draw more customers to DCS.

A Win, Win!

Thank you for your consideration in this important matter.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Not so long ago we could fly these of that carrier, and land again, just by a simple mod to the lua. Now its not possible to change the lua because it is encrypted but it would be great to have that facility restored. The mod options are endless, I even had a few 'pretend' Sea Fury's that were great fun to have in missions.

Screen_200531_142557.thumb.png.c0f7065f6fb61cd8767005870876ed69.png

Screen_200531_142608.thumb.png.af0d3b052057c13f765286e30eb57b7c.png

• 2 months later...

WW II Fans rejoice!

WW II Fans rejoice!

Below is my conversation with cOFF,

A fine outstanding gentleman, and ED team member,

And I quote,

"I posted a request to the team a while ago, But have not gotten a response.

Here,

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...highlight=lock

I waited for the patch situation to settle down,

But still no word.

This change would open up a whole new world of missions possibilities using the channel map and up-coming Pacific maps.

We understand the reasons for encrypting the dll files.

This, although disappointing, Was accepted as best for the company.

But opening up just the lua files should not prevent the copy protection from working.

If posting any mods on the forum, using these edited lua's is still a violation, Then this can be stated, and enforced.

Please forward this request to the team for consideration.

With just a few liveries, and a carrier mod or two, we can fill the DCS skies with Sea fury's, Submarine Spitfires, And stand in Zero's!

Thank you for reading our plea!

Take care."

"Hi Greg,

I've shown your request to the guys for an internal discussion. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,

Dmitry."

"I have waited patiently for the team to get a couple of patches done before asking if they have discussed our request.

I have talked with the guys on the Vietnam/Korea discord and they are in agreement.

They wish to fly a "Seafire" From carriers in their co-op missions.

Has any decision been reached?

Thanks for your time.

Regards, Greg

ps, the Syria map looks gorgeous!"

"

Hi! The guys say carrier landing will be unlocked in the September update.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics"

I wish to thank Dmitry for his help, and the entire ED team for hearing our desperate plea!

Merci!

:)

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I have talked with the guys on the Vietnam/Korea discord and they are in agreement.

They wish to fly a "Seafire" From carriers in their co-op missions.

To set the record straight. I am the owner of the Korean War and Vietnam War DCS servers as well as the Early Cold War Servers Discord channel.

We have never discussed using WWII carrier based planes in our co-op missions.

The public co-ops that we run are based exclusively on planes flown during the Korean War (F-86F Sabre) and the Vietnam war (A-4E-C Skyhawk and the F-5E3 Tiger II). We try not to include mods that would preclude people from joining in spontaneously, with the exception of the A-4E-C Skyhawk.

While I applaud Hawkeye's passion and dedication to modding and very much appreciate his Bell 47G reskin I do not want people to get a false sense of what our servers and co-ops are about.

To set the record straight. I am the owner of the Korean War and Vietnam War DCS servers as well as the Early Cold War Servers Discord channel.

We have never discussed using WWII carrier based planes in our co-op missions.

The public co-ops that we run are based exclusively on planes flown during the Korean War (F-86F Sabre) and the Vietnam war (A-4E-C Skyhawk and the F-5E3 Tiger II). We try not to include mods that would preclude people from joining in spontaneously, with the exception of the A-4E-C Skyhawk.

While I applaud Hawkeye's passion and dedication to modding and very much appreciate his Bell 47G reskin I do not want people to get a false sense of what our servers and co-ops are about.

I apologize If I gave the wrong impression.

This was from private conversations with members of this group.

It WAS NOT discussed or sanctioned for use in their servers.

Sorry for any confusion.

• 4 months later...

A while back, I made a request to cOFF, a ED team member. It was to allow editing of the WWII aircraft lua's to allow carrier ops .  

Here,

They would not unlock the lua files. He did say they would show a way to do it though. I waited months. Today, I have received a message from cOFF. He sent a code example. For the A-8.  This is the result. As Player! This mod WORKS! Ed has become my new favorite Santa! My request has been granted!

This code is the property of Eagle Dynamics.

It is just as cOFF sent sent it.

It also is Global in nature.

This means EVERY aircraft can be made Carrier capable!

Just follow the instructions in the file to add or subtract aircraft.

From all the WW II fans who have waited patiently for this,

A HUGE THANK YOU to cOFF,

And the whole ED team!

You have not only granted our wish,

But have gone above and beyond what was expected!

BRAVO!

Have a wonderful Holiday season!

You have made mine superb!🎅

declare_plugin("AllowCarrierBasedWW2")
--
make_aircraft_carrier_capable('FW-190A8',{"AircraftCarrier","AircraftCarrier With Tramplin"})
make_aircraft_carrier_capable('FW-190A9',{"AircraftCarrier","AircraftCarrier With Tramplin"})

make_aircraft_carrier_capable('SpitfireLFMkIX',{"AircraftCarrier","AircraftCarrier With Tramplin"})
make_aircraft_carrier_capable('SpitfireLFMkIXCW',{"AircraftCarrier","AircraftCarrier With Tramplin"})

make_aircraft_carrier_capable('F-16C_50',{"AircraftCarrier","AircraftCarrier With Tramplin"})

-- NOTE: You can look up unit names in their respective modules' entry.lua files.
--       The string you need is the first argument in the make_flyable() call.
--
plugin_done()

This is a complete entry. Add or comment out aircraft.

Notepad++ ONLY!

Placed in the saved games location.

And a Merry Christmas to all!

With the addition of a few user skins, This is the result!

a8-carrier.jpg

a8-carrier2.jpg

A-8-carrier.jpg

carriers-spit.jpg

carriers.jpg

And a carrier or two.....

ww2-carrier-mod.jpg

ww2-carrier-mod2.jpg

For ALL aircraft!

f162.jpg

As Player!

f16.jpg

spit-carrier2.jpg

Have Fun!

entry.lua

• Like 5

Great news! But how to take off in a P-47? AI manage it ok, they go full power then the tail jumps up, suspended in the air, then they accelerate down the deck. My plane either noses over and breaks the prop or never gathers enough speed to avoid diving into the ocean? 

Hi @Hawkeye .. please, can you provide more detail on how to use this lua File? Exactly where should it be placed?

thanks to @c0ff

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As far as I can work out, a single line can be added to the aircraft's entry.lua file, 

[code]make_aircraft_carrier_capable('TF-51D',{"AircraftCarrier","AircraftCarrier With Tramplin"})[/code]

or create a new TF-51D folder, for example, in Saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/aircraft, and put the entry.lua file into it, suitably edited.

Edited by Sprool

Sprool is correct.

I have attached a mod to do this.

It is OvGME ready.

Place in the saved games folder.

This is just how cOFF sent it.

So for other aircraft, you must add the lines as Sprool says.

Any cat issues are the result of the aircraft not being designed for a cat.

The idea was NOT to use them on a modern carrier,

But on a modded WWII carrier.

There would be no cat issues this way.

In hindsight, I should have asked for hooks as well!:biggrin:

Tally HO!

Carrier Based aircraft.zip

Thanks a lot .. it's clear now 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This entry lua has more aircraft added.

Replace the one in the above mod with this one for more carrier fun!

@Oban,  there are many nice skins to change the ED aircraft to other nations.

Like this one.

Japanese Ki-61 Hien "Tony" Fighter (Bf-109K-4) v1.1 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

A search of the user files site and forum liveries will reveal many more, including the ones above.

Like....ever see a mig on a Russian Carrier?

Now, you can!

mig2.jpg

mig1.jpg

mig3.jpg

entry.lua

• 1 month later...

This is great stuff.  I was able to get the Hawk carrier enabled, however while it will catapult launch if started on the cat but not from ramp.  the AI will will taxi, hook up and launch but then "freeze" at the end of the cat shot.  The AI will trap but without any command to drop the hook, all I can do is bolter.   

Link to flyable Hawk (with T-45 livery) https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311568/

Screen_210210_115925.png

Edited by Reccelow
Added link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can someone upload the mod with all flyable modules on it? It seems simple for someone that knows how to do that, but not for some of us 🙂
For example, only 1 of the P-51 models works 😕 

EDIT: i added a few more modules after doing some digging 🙂

entry.lua

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...