DCS: AJS-37 VIGGEN Complete English Cockpit Mod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
...I've seen a mod (which I haven't been able to get working) , but nothing from heatblur
Hi @ngreenaway. What's the problem? Installation issue? I'd like to help.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hi Devrim,

I'm working on a french translation of the cockpit.

But I have a problem with the swith label, my french label is on the defaut label.

I don't understand why because i'had removed it. It work fine with the gauge, annonciator panel and things like the oxygen lever.

Hi Windu. I'm so sorry I missed this thread for long time.

About your problem, I couldn't follow your problem.

"If" your problem still going on, could you please describe again?

Thank you.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Hi @ngreenaway. What's the problem? Installation issue? I'd like to help.

Nothing, you helped me through it not long after i posted that, works like a charm now

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Oh. Sorry, I forgot it I guess. :) Ok, nice then. See you.

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/5/2020 at 5:33 AM, TooBad said:

I have tried to install the English cockpit mod but only ended up breaking it.Is the English cockpit mod compatible with 2.5?

Hi TooBad. This mod is working with the latest version of DCS World.

Which part of ReadMe text, are you having problem?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 3:13 AM, Devrim said:

Hello and Merry Christmas .

Ty for responding and sorry for replying so late. I got a little frustrated and put the joystick down for a bit,but i am back.I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried to follow mod install videos (not Viggen specific) and have had no luck getting the English cockpit to display. Is there a youtube vid that can help me out? wait I just reread your response..Readme text readme text...Face palm..DOH! I forgot rule #2 When in doubt RTFM.

Edited by TooBad
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 3:13 AM, Devrim said:

Just thought id let you know..it is working now. memo to self RTFM must RTFM.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2020 at 2:06 AM, Devrim said:

Hi Windu. I'm so sorry I missed this thread for long time.

About your problem, I couldn't follow your problem.

"If" your problem still going on, could you please describe again?

Thank you.

Hi devrim, 

As you can see in the first photo i'd tried to put french label on your english one, for that step i've deleted the english test piant the etxture to mask the delete zone and put frnch label on it. It create a new txt file for a french cockpit.

But when I put my  texture on DCS there is on my text the old one(english). 

I try with the sweedish one but it didn't work.

So my question is how you create and translate a cockpit?

Edited by JG300_Papaye

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...
58 minutes ago, GottHold said:

It doesnt work for me 😞 I did everything according to readme but in DCS in the special menu for the AJS it just says Default and imperial stickers but not english

I have it working, but I don't use the scripts to change the HUD & Radar texts, only the cockpit labels as it is cleaner (installs just on /Saved Games/)

doJzfE7.jpg

IfIcGUd.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

43 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I have it working, but I don't use the scripts to change the HUD & Radar texts, only the cockpit labels as it is cleaner (installs just on /Saved Games/)

doJzfE7.jpg

IfIcGUd.jpg

How i went and downloaded and pasted Mods into my save games overwrite the files as said in the readme and then i went looking for it in DCS special options. What are possible failure causes on my end?image.png
image.png

Edited by GottHold

Have a nice day!

32 minutes ago, GottHold said:

What are possible failure causes on my end?

Check the path .. should be /Saved games/DCS.openbeta/Liveries/AJS37cockpit/English ... 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 minutes ago, GottHold said:

Thats the screenshotted path there :3

? sorry, dont understand what you mean ... the path where you placed the Mod files is wrong, I was telling you what is the correct path.

• Like 1

No, ReadMe says install the mod into Program Files folder. GottHold did right, but I have no idea why no EN option in the menu.

To check the installation; I copied the "MOD" folder from my mod zip, and did paste into DCS World folder and the mod was installed properly and now I can see the option in the menu.

There's no reason not to see the EN, according to your screenshots GottHold...

14 hours ago, GottHold said:

image.png

At that moment, if you enter AJS37cockpit folder, can you see other (default and imperial) folders?

Edited by Devrim

• 2 months later...

Just tried this and it looks great. Thank you @Devrim

It seems the radio and QFE instrument figures are broken though? I get a QFE reading of 8992 and can't dial it down to a good value?

Installed the Viggen update on 29th Dec 2021, so not sure if was ok before that.

EDIT: Ah, I see it's  been noticed and there is a workaround and an update planned - cool! 

Edited by fearlessfrog
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, fearlessfrog said:

It seems the radio and QFE instrument figures are broken though?

Yep. Sorry for that. I've just updated the mod. 🙂

On 2/16/2017 at 11:02 PM, Devrim said:

The mod was updated!

+ CHANGELOG +
v1.5 - Applied the updates done by Heatblur Simulations (12/2021).

• Thanks 2

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Devrim:

Yep. Sorry for that. I've just updated the mod. 🙂

The mod was updated!

+ CHANGELOG +
v1.5 - Applied the updates done by Heatblur Simulations (12/2021).

Thank you for the fix, the QFE bug was really hampering NAV usage for proper Viggen procedures..
May I ask a question - out of sheer interest, nothing else?

Eagle now has been for a while encouraging  mods to use the "saved games" folderstructure in the user profile (for QoL ease of maintenance and to not interfere with core DCS files or changes to them).
And to use <drive lettering>:\Users\<profilename>\Saved Games\DCS\...  seems to work very well.

But you prefer to keep all of your mods in the core DCS folder structure <drive lettering>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\...

Is there a specific reason for that, a technical one (fe OvGME settings consensus) or is this just a personal preference or habit?

Again, asking just out of interest, nothing more.

1 hour ago, rogorogo said:

May I ask a question

Hi my friend. 🙂

Actually not all of my mods. Let me tell you. Installing in Prog.Files is not my preference or habit. It's a requirement for the mod I made, but not all mods.

Some mods are just texture modification. So, yes, we can install them in Saved Games, but some mods include more files than simple texture modify. Of course that kind of mods' texture part can be installed in Saved Games, while lua files part will be installed in Prog.Files via OvGME. And, addition; there're some mods that uses many textures from original files, with my modded files in the same folder.

Long story short: If the mod is just simple texture modify, I keep them in Saved Games, believe me. But if not, there must be some technical or something needs for the mod and I recommend user to install the mod in Prog.Files. 🙂

I hope I can explain.

Thanks a lot mate.
See you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Devrim:

Hi my friend. 🙂

Actually not all of my mods. Let me tell you. Installing in Prog.Files is not my preference or habit. It's a requirement for the mod I made, but not all mods.

Some mods are just texture modification. So, yes, we can install them in Saved Games, but some mods include more files than simple texture modify. Of course that kind of mods' texture part can be installed in Saved Games, while lua files part will be installed in Prog.Files via OvGME. And, addition; there're some mods that uses many textures from original files, with my modded files in the same folder.

Long story short: If the mod is just simple texture modify, I keep them in Saved Games, believe me. But if not, there must be some technical or something needs for the mod and I recommend user to install the mod in Prog.Files. 🙂

I hope I can explain.

Thanks a lot mate.
See you.

Thank you - that is what I suspected - but you clarified that beyond ambiguity.

So again, thank you - you explained it very well!

It is wise to try keep those mods undispersed and in one location, even it means having to re-install them after some patches -> aka in the core folder structure then.
Lua seems to always cause more problems than it solves.

And again thank you for the quick reply.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rogorogo said:

It is wise to try keep those mods undispersed and in one location, even it means having to re-install them after some patches

That's why it is recommended the use of a Mod Manager to enable/disable your User Mods.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1