DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread - Page 725 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #7241
leafer
Veteran

Look here, none of us has any clue if they even maxed the settings for those screen shots. Some of you people need to know that they, ED, concern themselves with not disappointing their customers than wowing them. Weird, yes, but also refreshing in a morbid, self destruction sort of way.

So...the way I see it is there is hope. Always. With this bunch you trust. If you've been here as long as I have, you ought to know ED pride themselves this way. Just bam, there then we'll sat here stunned waving money at them screaming you take it, take! Be sure you tape them mandible good when 2.0 is loading.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #7242
shagrat
ED Translator

You sometimes get surprised, just the last update added the dust swirl effect to the Huey, fixed the CA driver acceleration Axis command without even a hint in the changelog!
They just put it in. Job done!
As for EDGE, it will be better than what the current engine provides... it may not look like FarCry4 or whatnot, but I'm fine with that.
The move to implement a new rendering engine that enables new, better maps, can handle more objects, two cloudlayers, terrain selfshading, better reflections etc. is a huge step forward...

In the end even now the terrain in its dimension is pretty detailed and with a few tweaks and mods up to par or better than any other flight SIM currently available.
Now any improvement to the visuals are icing on the cake.
In the next maps they will learn what EDGE can or can not do. Learn how to tweak and optimize the Maps and enhance it step by step.
They did this with the current engine and won't just drop EDGE and be done with it.

I guess we will start DCS World 2 0 for the first time and compared to what we have now, it WILL be a considerable improvement aka mindblowing!

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
Old 12-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #7243
Buzzles

For those people saying the texturing looks bad on the NTTR map, if I remember correctly DCS 2.0 is bringing proper Depth Of Field effects to the table, and you can clearly see the focus happens to be on the aircraft in those shots.

Just be something you might want to take into consideration.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #7244
NeilWillis
Veteran

And this is also a very new medium, I have no doubt once a few more people get hold of the SDK we'll see some very creative additional effects - just as we saw with the first iteration of DCS World.

The huge step forwards is resource management. I have high hopes for that, and I'm sure in time we'll all be happy.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #7245
mmaruda

I intended to avoid taking part in the dispute, but some things must be said. The blurry look of the textures is actually accurate. When you are at 12 000 feet, you cannot see details on the ground both due to distance and air density. It really does look kinda blurry. Also, this is a desert, it's hot there, there is bound to be some hot air distorting the view.

Anyway, whatever. It looks good enough for me, lets just hope it finally comes out and the frames will be descent. That is really all I want from 2.0/EDGE/DCS Other Than Georgia.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #7246
VincentLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaruda View Post
I intended to avoid taking part in the dispute, but some things must be said. The blurry look of the textures is actually accurate. When you are at 12 000 feet, you cannot see details on the ground both due to distance and air density. It really does look kinda blurry. Also, this is a desert, it's hot there, there is bound to be some hot air distorting the view.
I disagree. I was in an airplane over New Mexico a few months ago and at around 12000 feet the ground detail was still very sharp. While atmospheric effects are clearly visible in the recent Nevada screenshots, the closer terrain under the airplanes is not noticeably distorted by those.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #7247
Witchking

Send a message via MSN to Witchking

I still can't get over how amazing the sky and clouds look in EDGE. If you look at the flanker release trailer ...the part at 0:36 where the flanker is flying across the sky, it looks photorealistic. I thought that was from a real life video.
So don't sweat it...ED is as picky as we are. Have some patience with the ground textures/mipmaps/noise maps whatever... let them finish it. You know they will keep tweaking it until it is acceptable to their standards.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #7248
CTR

Smile Screens removed from Newsletter!

Wags removed all screenshots form the newsletter -> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...83#post2254183
He did that once before when he presented WIP screenshots that ended in negativ posts.

Maybe its better to add a WIP overlay banner to future screenshots, to avoid discussion like those of the last pages.

Flanker driver since 1996
Old 12-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #7249
CTR

Default MiG-21 in Nevada

Flanker driver since 1996
Old 12-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #7250
GeorgeLKMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR View Post
Wags removed all screenshots form the newsletter -> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...83#post2254183
He did that once before when he presented WIP screenshots that ended in negativ posts.

Maybe its better to add a WIP overlay banner to future screenshots, to avoid discussion like those of the last pages.
No.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=7240

Good lord, could we already stop with this "ED is not giving us update because whole community is complaing" while the reality is always like 2 or 3 guys kinda not liking something, while another 1000 are in awe? Seriously, everytime, one post "I don't like [insert WIP item]" and then another 20 making drama out of it.

Tags
3rd party, add-ons, airports, change, civilian, dcs, edge, framerate, future, graphics, graphics engine, hdr, hollywood, image generator, map, nellis, nevada, scenery, update, world