Nothing else, just a question.

leonsilver

Hello Mister Polychop.

You made the module and we bought it.

There's a lot of us who love this module and like to fly it.

Unfortunately there are bugs in it, some of them for a long time.

What am I thinking of?

- no RWR sound

- no fuel pump sound

- no Mistral sound

- the sunglass looks ridiculous in VR

Can we expect these to be fixed and if yes, when?

Or should we forget about the module?

If possible I'd like a proper answer, not the "we're working on it, we'll fix it" kind because we heard that and nothing happened.

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Well maybe ED lost the papers where they had written down the changes of the code or maybe Polychop and ED are comunicating via writting letters. Maybe that's why is taking so long...

Edited by AleCisla

• 1 month later...

OK, so I've been flying the Gazelle for 2+ months now with no audio in the RWR. While this has greatly increased my SA as I have to constantly be on the lookout for the non-radar threats and checking the RR 12 times each second, I am a bit curious if there's really no fix in place and no response from ED to Polychop as to what the change in the core engine did and how to fix it.

Can we also get a fix so that F18s and F14s show up and are ID'ed by the RWR? Or is the "U" more reflective of real life and therefore modeled this way?

Hi Threeps!

Good to read you actually managed to see a positive side to this issue. Increasing SA might help you in the long run even when the RWR is fixed.

We're grateful to have DCS as an incredible and ever improving platform for the Gazelle and future projects. Improving the core engine all the time is inevitable and mostly a good thing but it also means new DCS core code will sometimes interfere with code used in 3rd party modules like ours.

Keeping older modules working with the new code is dependent on a synergy between the 3rd party developer and ED in this case. Rest assured though that Polychop and ED are in contact about this specific bug.

We understand the process of squashing this bug takes a long time and it seems like nothing is happening from our side. Know that we're on it and are confident we'll fix this as soon as possible.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As for sounds... I find it surprising there is no audible warning for running over torque limits. Don't most helicopters have an audible for this? Is the Gazelle different in that it actually doesn't? Not sure, but I know that I have broken many gearboxes because I didn't see the red warning light soon enough.

As for sounds... I find it surprising there is no audible warning for running over torque limits. Don't most helicopters have an audible for this? Is the Gazelle different in that it actually doesn't? Not sure, but I know that I have broken many gearboxes because I didn't see the red warning light soon enough.

The huey doesn't, the Mi-8 neither.

Chinook lover - Rober -

I thought the Huey did. I swear it chirped at me when I was overrunning the collective. I'm not that familiar with it though, or helicopters in general honestly.

If it's really that common for helos to not have an audible for such a flight critical failure, that blows my mind. It's pretty much death every time in the Gazelle. Remind me when I get a real life Gazelle to solder a $1 buzzer in series with that red light circuit.

I thought the Huey did. I swear it chirped at me when I was overrunning the collective. I'm not that familiar with it though, or helicopters in general honestly.

If it's really that common for helos to not have an audible for such a flight critical failure, that blows my mind. It's pretty much death every time in the Gazelle. Remind me when I get a real life Gazelle to solder a $1 buzzer in series with that red light circuit.

If you force the Huey, the rotor RPMs go down, that's the "alarm" you are hearing.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Newer helicopters have them, older ones don't. I had an astar pilot checking out my cockpit the other day and he was blown away I didn't have a torque warning. You just know to keep an eye on your gauges. If I'm doing a lift I can bring the line tight, look at my gauge and pull to my max power and leave the collective right there. No over torques.

The Huey doesn't have a single audio alarm except low rotor rpm.

As for the rwr, uh, all of the other modules seemed to have solved their issues. It took less than a week for HB to solve their black wings problem, and ED was nice enough to even push a patch to resolve it for the community.

Hate to be the bad guy here, but it's been MONTHS since these issues showed up on Gazelle, and with how fast the other revs are correcting stuff that ED breaks it seems more like you guys are either overwhelmed or just don't care to resolve them. Furthermore, the module seems to be going backwards? Every few months a patch breaks something else on Gazelle it seems. First multiplayer, then camera, now sounds.

I can get behind Leon's request of a real answer for "when?".

~Rob

Honestly, I was thinking about buying the Gazelle.

Glad that this thread now prevented me from doing it.

Too bad, seems to be an interesting Helicopter.

If you love the harrier, you'll love the Gaz :thumbup::lol::music_whistling:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).