Question about display export

Viper 1st GW

Hey community,

since a few days I reading/searching the forum for a few things. Especially for the tool Helios.

I found many old forum stuff (a few years old), but nothing really satisfactory for what I am really looking for. First I would apologize for maybe already ask questions and/or using the wrong topic. I am new here in the DCS world and the Forum contains really much information that makes it not really easy to find exact what I need.

It´s true, I am registered by the forum in 2010, but due to the fact that at this point things like display exportation and a flyable F-16 model are not supported by DCS I planned and build my F-16 cockpit on the BMS platform. In the past a few things changed and I am close to finish my currently pit project and so I think about to integrate my Cockpit in the DCS world. Also a potential new project is planned with DCS as the simulation platform. So please someone could answering me the following questions:

1. Is there a manual for the Helios tool to download where I can read how it works?

2. Is Helios the only tool for Display extraction?

3. Is it possible to export with Helios or another tool the Display outputs to a second PC? That’s necessary for me because I use 2 PC´s for my Simulator. The main PC System contains the simulation itself and all hardware controller (HOTAS, I/O microcontroller and other stuff). The Second PC system is only used for the visualization of the displays (MFD´s, RWR, Indicators and so on) and supports 2x Matrox trippleheads and two normal display outputs.

wp61256241_05_06.jpg

Thanks for any helping hand.

Kind regards,

Viper

Edited by Viper 1st GW

In the past Helios could indeed be used with a Phidgets card for LEDs. I have asked if the F-18 LEDs have been included and haven’t found out or gotten to the stage in my build where I am ready to try it.

DCSBios using Arduino cards is another method. The library for the F-16 is being worked on as the module moves thru EA.

Then there is Ikarus by SDA. Used by several folks with success.

The F-16 is still in very Early Access and more and more support will be available as it matures. There are still lots of ways to get where you want to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk