Do i need to save a Pilot Folder to switch to 2.5-beta?

Bartacomus

There is a JDAM release for the Harrier, and new textures for the Warthog. I want these, but i was told they are in the Open Beta version of DCS.

Can i switch DCS_World_web release version to the Open Beta in game?

Or do i need to download the Beta Version specifically?

Will my pilots carry over? Will i have to download My Warthog and Harrier again? Is there a way i can get the Warthog and Harrier updates without the Beta?

Thanks for suffering such a newb question. I appreciate it guys

Yes, you can convert/switch one build into another, using instructions given lower in that thread...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

... or by downloading SkateZilla's "Updater Utility", which does the same thing, but is more user friendly.

While doing so, the game will download only files required for conversion, so a couple of gigabytes at most.

All modules will remain in the game, activated. So will the control assignments (the conversion process does not create new folder with controller files, but retains the old one).

I don't know if logbook and career carries over, because I wasn't doing any career when I did the switch myself years ago. I think these should stay intact, but let's wait for someone else to confirm.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

There is a JDAM release for the Harrier, and new textures for the Warthog. I want these, but i was told they are in the Open Beta version of DCS.

Or do i need to download the Beta Version specifically?

You can convert your dcs to openbeta .. look for "Updating or Switching an Install Between "Open Beta" and "Release" Version Branches " on this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Will my pilots carry over?

Yes

Will i have to download My Warthog and Harrier again?

No

Is there a way i can get the Warthog and Harrier updates without the Beta?

Yes, just wait until the next update of the stable release.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No need .. today the Stable release has reached the same level as the OpenBeta:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/2.5.5.41371_stable/

So, just update your current DCS :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I hope you are right Rudel, because the BETA Harrier is crashing to desktop every 5 minutes now :(

I’m not using the Harrier at the moment, but remember that in case of problems, you can always revert dcs to a prior version using dcs_updater .. instructions are on the thread I linked previously.