Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?

Wing

Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?  

595 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?

In Vietnam Era AC130 "Spookies" the pilot not only flew the craft.. but pulled the trigger on the Gatlings, 40mm BOFORS and 105mm Howitzers.

They hung a HUD in the left window, the pilot put the pipper on the target he was orbiting and dumped hell from above.

There were gun crews, and sometimes they flew Sigint people, had Countermeasure stuff. Flight crew. Engineer Pilot Copilot. But the Spooky could be flown "single seat" so to speak. I know all the flights they lost were a little under 10,000 feet. That would be a normal operational altitude in DCS. The "Hot" Zone. They could probably orbit even higher, im not sure what ammunition distances are in DCS.. but it sure seems like it would be fun. Either bringing such a brute down into the streetfight, or sacrifice accuracy for safety with altitude.

im a little curious

Id like to mention i dont consider the F111 a heavy.. but it certainly would fit into that 3rd generation niche.

For what its worth the Air Force agreed..FB-111's were classified as "Fighter Contacts" for monthly contact currency when I was flying...

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Oh i can totally dig that! Everyone is talking about the Phantom.. and im like WHY?

We know thats the next one coming.. but lets look at it objectively.

The Phantom

it had to be fitted with gun pods, and its missile load is the same as every plane in DCS.

It does have rabbit in its blood though. Mach 2.2 at 40k. 400 mile combat range.. 1500 miles, ferrying. And everybody loves her.

Quirky, brute speed, twice the engines, twice the problems (thats a good thing in regard to immersion, problems are what make sims fun) Sounds fun.

Now The F111 Aardvark..

this monster flys mach 2.5 at SIXTY thousand! (1.4 at near the ground!) thats insane

it carries EIGHT CBU 87's! TWENTY MK-20cbus! Thats as much payload as the Warthog!

it carried AtA missiles.. AND had an internal cannon.

Its ferry range was 3,500 miles, its take off weight was 1oo,ooo pounds.

Its swept wing, its two man (with this new AI RIO everyones enjoying)

And when it dumps fuel, they kick the burners and light it.. leading to this

Which ED absolutely HAS to model. I mean, at night it lights up the entire area like a SUU25. These are the little things that people talk about. That sells modules. All packed in one plane. Its got all the things people talk about in regard to each plane. All packed in one schmokin hot bod

So, ill call the Aardvark anything you want haha. Fighter.. Bomber.. Shirley.. anything.

Edited by Bartacomus

The dcs ww2 scenario would need to be heavily fleshed out compared to how it is now, I’m also not a big fan of how the Normandy map has been left certainly from a VR perspective, but I do feel dcs world would be a good home for a study sim of a WW2 bomber. Either a Lancaster or B17. I look forward to seeing what this next ww2 map will be as It could fit well with a heavy. The mosquito will be a step in that direction being a piston twin engine.

It’s a lot of work a heavy, I liked the old (insert here) B17 sim, and the way they attempted to do it. I’m sure this could be improved on heavily now.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Im going to point out the F111 Aardvark again.. since you guys brought up the B1 Lancer.

Not only did the Aarvark have a dedicated full 360 laser spotter. dedicated.. not a TGP pod.

But it WAS the b58 Hustlers replacement. As in.. The F111 rode with the B52s as a viable B52 substitute. Because it was Nuclear Capable.

Thats the Hitting, Precision, Speed, and Distance the F111 had. It was considered a Strategic Bomber.

It took TWO planes to replace the F111.. the F15 Eagle (the f111 Aardvark is faster than the Eagle lol) faster than the F16 too.

and the B1 Lancer. And the B1 couldnt maneuver or dog fight, or carry AA missiles, or CAS..

Thats right the F111.. is the F15/B1's Daddy.. and still outperforms both of those craft.

The Airframe was so Rigid and well designed.. its only Speed Limit was the Melting Temperature of its Frame! It would melt before it flew apart. They had an Automatic Timer and Alarm in the cockpit. A Thermostat. When you got too hot.. it gave you a IM MELTING countdown

and no one knows about f111. yet it carried 20... 20 MK20 CBUs. at mach 2.. that could fly from california.. to maine.. then texas, in one flight.

NOW COME ON.. Would yall like to fly an Airplane.. that could Melt Itself? Model THAT, ED

image027.jpg

There was a user who had been creating a caribou plane but sadly he disappeared with his project

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

For me B-17 or B-52

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

B-52 only has 4x the engines ED has ever modeled .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 1 month later...
What about a C-5 or An-124? ;)

Those are better suited for the x-plane crowd than here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

There is the latest Microsoft 2020 coming in to cater for huge flying planes. I think DCS is better of with combat centric planes as the brand itself suggest DCS - Digital combat simulator.

We have only small maps so huge planes are just not suited for DCS maps...for now.

I have no idea why most voted for more huge plane...when we'd rather see some fast combat jets. It already takes a huge amount of work and time to just make a fighter jet module....and they are asking for a even more complex giant planes?!huh.gifshocking.gif

I'd rather have huge planes as AI models.

Edited by jojyrocks

we'd rather see some fast combat jets.

The vote results say different however, as the numbers of the poll show, not everyone votes and those who want a heavy will vote here, those that dont probably dont pay too much attention to threads about heavies.

In anycase, they decision would be up to ED and a Third Party wanting to do it, I dont see a heavy on their timeline, they are beefing up the platform.

B]NOW COME ON.. Would yall like to fly an Airplane.. that could Melt Itself? Model THAT, ED[/b]

We already have the Mirage... Its really nothing special. There is always one max speed limit, may it be skin temperature, structure, engine speed, aerodynamic instability, or simply amount of fuel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Voted no, makes no sense in combat flight simulator

If you want to fly a bus in a straight line for hours on end, check out Microsoft Flight Simulator.

If you want to feel the adrenaline of battle - you're in the right place

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

If you want to fly a bus in a straight line for hours on end, check out Microsoft Flight Simulator.

If you want to feel the adrenaline of battle - you're in the right place

You know what makes no sense? Having Christen Eagle here but yet we do.

Heavies don't do only long flights. You want to keep doing supplies in TF-51?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Voted yes.

DCS = Digital Combat Simulator. And if you want to simulate combat ops, you'll need to set up and maintain a supply network too. Hence, transport heavies ASAP please.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.